/setspawn more accurate?

Post all ideas and suggestions for fCraft here
panda100123

/setspawn more accurate?

Post by panda100123 »

Btw, I just saw the error randomly that I posted earlier. That's all that came up, except sometimes it would say it couldn't load the database.

ANYWAYS,
My friend is using /setspawn and wants it to be more accurate on where you're looking. It seems like there's 4 preset axises that you can look at, and it looks to the nearest one. Is it possible to make it closer to where you're actually looking?

beeriebeer
SupOP

Re: /setspawn more accurate?

Post by beeriebeer »

Why should that be needed? Isn't 4 accurate enough???

Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

Post by Lim-Dul »

Actually I know what he means. The spawn sets your three coordinates plus the heading. He would probably like to also be able to set the pitch. Since the /spectate command sets your pitch on the fly, I imagine it should be be possible to store and set it in the spawn.
This might be useful for forcing players to spawn looking at something that is, for instance, high up.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell

panda100123

Post by panda100123 »

Lim-Dul wrote:Actually I know what he means. The spawn sets your three coordinates plus the heading. He would probably like to also be able to set the pitch. Since the /spectate command sets your pitch on the fly, I imagine it should be be possible to store and set it in the spawn.
This might be useful for forcing players to spawn looking at something that is, for instance, high up.
Well not exactly, but that would be pretty cool :P. But what I really was trying to explain, was you can only look in 4 directions for the /setspawn. Where ever you look, it makes it look to the nearest of the 4 sets. Idk. Not really big of a deal but just a small suggestion.

Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

Post by Lim-Dul »

Oh, so you actually mean making it LESS accurate? So that it "snaps" to the given direction instead of storing the player heading? :-P

Update: I just checked and the spawn actually does record the player's orientation, so I think this whole thing can be safely rejected, since you can just as well manually align the viewing angle. :-P

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

fCraft already saves 5 axes (x, y, z, view rotation, and view pitch) for the spawn point. Can you please clarify your suggestion?

Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

Post by Lim-Dul »

He means that he wants the orientation to lock to the nearest axis instead of recording the actual position.

Jonty800

Post by Jonty800 »

I'd personally like it so when you use /setspawn it doen't set it around 30 degrees left / right to the direction you were originally facing
You cannot use certain BBCodes: [img].

Fehzor
Trustee

Post by Fehzor »

I noticed that it sometimes sets the spawn a bit high or so, like, I've made people spawn in a doorway, and they'll spawn with they're head in the top of it.

panda100123

Post by panda100123 »

fragmer wrote:fCraft already saves 5 axes (x, y, z, view rotation, and view pitch) for the spawn point. Can you please clarify your suggestion?
If I am looking at something and do /setspawn, it often looks to the side a bit. It isn't 100% accurate. I didn't know if it can be more accurate, or you can't.