/cone

Post all ideas and suggestions for fCraft here
tylerthecreator5

/cone

Post by tylerthecreator5 »

The thing say's it all if fragmer could do this it would help me very much so with future builds I'm currentally working on the train from back to the future 3 and it has cones on it and i've been asking for help but nobody know's how to do it i think this would be very useful
-xStanthemanx
Lololol now you know i've wasted your time

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Re: /cone

Post by fragmer »

You can use /e to create circles, and copy/paste a bunch of them to make cones.

tylerthecreator5

Post by tylerthecreator5 »

Thanks fragmer :D
Lololol now you know i've wasted your time

Mc_MrCat
OP

Post by Mc_MrCat »

Personally I think a /cone command would be a good addition, it isn't a very difficult code to make, and it does save a lot of time on certain projects. I'm not sure how making selections would really work on it, but one possible idea would be making it so you type in a base radius and a height and place a center block and have it create a cone around that. You could add hollow cones, and inverted cones, and hollow inverted cones. One thing /e lacks is a layered hollow ellipsoid. So if you want to make a hollow cone with the current commands, it could take people up to an hour, instead of 10 seconds.

If you wanted to make a hollow cone that has a base radius of 10, and a height of 30, you would have to make almost up to 30 ellipsoids, and then do another 30, to hollow them out with another /e, then copy every one of them, and then paste them all on top of each other.

So basically, if there was a cone command like, /cone [block] [baseradius] [height], it would be very useful. Along with hollow cones, either /hcone or /coneh whatever you find more fitting. Inverted cones: /icone. Hollow inverted cones: /hicone.

Anyways, just an addition to the suggestion. It is a very useful command for building, and I think it would be nice to have it in the software.