/Offset command

Post all ideas and suggestions for fCraft here
Pavoneo

/Offset command

Post by Pavoneo »

Alright. This command may seem a little bit complicated and I understand if it cannot be done due to coding situations or if you just don't like it. :P But basically. The offset command would bring in or out a group of blocks the amount you want it to go out by using two clicks. 1 clicking the block or group of blocks you want to offset, and the other being the direction you want to offset that block or group of blocks in. so /offset <number> <colour(s)> (apply some brushes perhaps?)

For example, Say you had this.

And you wanted to have a surrounding layer of green around it, like so.

You'd just type /offset 1 green instead of having to a lot of work, or for another example. You could do /offset 2 yellow and get this outcome.

Another way this command can be used is somewhat like this.

But there can also be a catch with this command as well, say you wanted to offset this.

You'd get this

The /offset stopped there because every block needs to be connected to each other directly for this command to continue working.

That's basically about it for this command. Tell me if you like it. I'd love to see this command in the game :D.
AtraxXx_Beer: um pav where should i set my entrance?
Pavoneo: My mouth
Pavoneo: Oh, too awkward?
Pavoneo: Ok.

KingCrab

Re: /Offset command

Post by KingCrab »

Would this possible be for 3d pixel art? Also, I don't see why another 2 cuboid commands could do it. Would be a nice luxury command however
<+FCB1> 05+Pemalite: all the fcraft chicks reject me except element

13:04 + FCB2 │ +Pemalite: craaaaab
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: no
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: ill give yout the best loving ou ever ad crab

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

This sounds straightforward conceptually, but in reality this will be very hard to do. Reducing pixel/voxel shapes without aliasing is a very tough mathematical problem.

The most I can do would be a flood-fill type command "coats" a solid-color shape - places a layer of blocks, 1-thick, on the boundary of the shape. Blocks can be places either on the inside (outermost layer of the shape) or outside (blocks just outside the shape).

Pavoneo

Post by Pavoneo »

Hmm, that sounds pretty good to me. Not really exactly to plan. But nothing ever really is exactly according to plan. :P. That sounds like it can come in pretty handy though Frag. If you ever have the time to code it, feel free and thanks for responding. And as for what you asked Crab. I'm not sure if you can use it for 3d Pixelart. You'll have to give it a try :3
AtraxXx_Beer: um pav where should i set my entrance?
Pavoneo: My mouth
Pavoneo: Oh, too awkward?
Pavoneo: Ok.

Mc_MrCat
OP

Post by Mc_MrCat »

Would be really useful to have a command that covers a certain type of block with other blocks. Or be able to put multiple blocks in and have it outline them all with the last block type. Have used a command that does this before in other software, and it is truthfully a very useful command.

Some additions to it that would also be useful would be if you differentiate and cover just the tops of the blocks, inside, outside, just the walls, or just the bottoms of blocks. If that would be possible. Not sure if it could differentiate the tops or bottoms of blocks from the rest, but let me know if so or if not.

It could be used for a lot of different commands, and add a lot of more options to building with ease, building faster, and building better.

Overall good idea.

Jonty800

Post by Jonty800 »

Mc_MrCat wrote:Would be really useful to have a command that covers a certain type of block with other blocks. Or be able to put multiple blocks in and have it outline them all with the last block type. Have used a command that does this before in other software, and it is truthfully a very useful command.
have you tried cuboid hollow with 2 blocks?

/h block1 block2
block1 = outside block
block2 = inside filler (default = air (hollow))
You cannot use certain BBCodes: [img].

Mc_MrCat
OP

Post by Mc_MrCat »

Yeah but that isn't really the same thing at all as to having a full command for it for everything. Then you could outline spheres, ellipsoids, lines, anything. A lot more than just a cuboid.