Stripe Brush

Post all ideas and suggestions for fCraft here
xN8Gx

Stripe Brush

Post by xN8Gx »

So recently it got into my head that we should add a stripe brush to the list of brushes we get. The way I can see it working would be to type /brush stripe <axis the stripe follows> <blocks>. The stripes will follow either the x, y, or z axis (or maybe even a combination of the three) and will form the blocks in the order they are typed into the command (e.g. /brush stripe x red yellow blue, the stripes will go red, yellow, blue, red, yellow, etc.) This would save a lot of time on some projects just because it can be a pain to either replace every other layer or just make seperate cuboids/ellipsoids/whatever.

EDIT: Hmmm, been on the forums for 3 months now and didn't even realize we had a fCraft software suggestions section. I'd call that a fail on my end...anyone care to help me out and move this to that section?
[12:43] <FCB1> +Pemalite: N8G. You are the sexiest chick ever.
[12:44] <FCB1> +Pemalite: N8G. You so sexy. I wanna touch and stroke your luscious beautifull hair like it was my own and hear you purr.

LiamRayStanley
OP

Re: Stripe Brush

Post by LiamRayStanley »

i feel this would be simple enough, although typing in it all would be long depending on what you input. I'm going to bump this idea. i have never had a build to were i had to do stripes, but I'm sure its better than making a couple rows then copying and pasting. it would help out the mason+ I'm sure, although i don't see stripes around much on builds.
<+FCB>Arvarna: i think your banhammer needs a downgrade

xN8Gx

Post by xN8Gx »

The concept behind this was inspired by all the copy/paste style builds that a fair few architectural builders tend to use. Several towers are basically just the same design repeated over several floors, so the brush is designed to do that more simply. You could honestly call this a layer brush and it would be just as accurate as stripe. And yes, it is quite a bit of typing, but the more interactive a command, the more potential are its uses.
[12:43] <FCB1> +Pemalite: N8G. You are the sexiest chick ever.
[12:44] <FCB1> +Pemalite: N8G. You so sexy. I wanna touch and stroke your luscious beautifull hair like it was my own and hear you purr.

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

I started on striped brushes a while ago (9 months or so), but couldn't figure out a good way for players to define striping direction.

Some notes from back then:

LiamRayStanley
OP

Post by LiamRayStanley »

wouldn't it just be angle from the given axis, (first block to second block) to the tilt of the stripe. that should be the only thing you need as if you think of it, its the same stripe if you lay it down or stand it up. should i draw a picture too?

like:
"/brush stripe side 45" (side being all front, right, left, right and back sides)
"/c yellow black"
then as (the first drawing in your scan) *if you did front bottom left corner broke to back top right corner broke, that would pick the right side first as the actual striped side (the right side being chosen only because the first block hit was lower on the z axis than the second block, and it would be vise versa if you broke the back top right block, then the front bottom left block. that would chose the left side as the main side), then the other sides (top, left, right, bottom. NOT front or back as those would show the angles stripe) would have straight lines like in your picture, but if that was the case, in your drawing, the left side should be horizontal, not vertical.

"/stripe side (any number, as it would turn null, cant make angles on)"
so if that wasn't confusing, take not a cube but a 1x1 strip. facing 90 on the x axis different from your first drawing. that it will find the left side as the main side, if drawing from right to left or drawing from left to right, the stripes would return null and just simulate a null, and just make a checkered line. (this is because you cant do anything angled on a 1x1 line.

but what if we had made a floor?

"/strip top 90" (top for angled lines when looking above it, or looking under it)
you would have a for example 1 block tall and 30x30 blocks wide. Since there are only two "sides" you don't have to worry about, which side to choose, because it will be good either way. but you still need to factor in which block was hit first so that you make the angled lines go the right direction.

ill draw pictures if you want me to lol
<+FCB>Arvarna: i think your banhammer needs a downgrade