block highlighting

Post all ideas and suggestions for fCraft here
Cartoonman
SupOP

block highlighting

Post by Cartoonman »

I was thinking if maybe the FB server could get a /highlight or /hi command that highlights blocks that were deleted/placed by any player you choose. I draw my inspiration from McForge in that they have a command that highlights blocks edited by a given player for a specified amount of time.

Could we possibly have a variation of the highlight feature? it would help with grief assessment (how much a person griefed a world), build accountability (2 players claim building a build, and blocktrack data is inconclusive), and spam deleting. I figure it could be used alongside /undox and /bi as another tool that we can use to moderate the server.
What do you think about it?
Show
00:53 hafnium: cartoon you talk too much

markiled: i just want to hump the speakers

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Re: block highlighting

Post by Sanjar Khan »

How exactly, does it highlight blocks
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

Cartoonman
SupOP

Post by Cartoonman »

i haven't personally seen it in action, but my guess is that it that it changes the color of blocks edited by a player to a pre-determined block type (yellow, red, etc), or maybe it actually brightens the said blocks to a fluorescent blue or red.( I think that's what it actually does..) so that you can actually see through blocks to see them. These highlights are only seen by the player that performs the command.
I'm not really sure to what extent the fcraft software is capable of modifying minecraft server-side, so i can only guess as to what is possible.
But like i said, whatever variation or adaptation should be fine so that it is useful for Freebuild.
Show

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

I've seen it on SMP in a client side mod that works with WorldEdit, and a red wireframe encapsulates your selection, with transparent red walls as an indication. It could be a cool WoM enabling project for Fragmer, but don't hold your breath, especially (and I want to really push this through)

YOU PUT THIS THREAD IN THE WRONG SECTION
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Cartoonman
SupOP

Post by Cartoonman »

derp :sheep:

I had figured "hmm, freebuild... server Suggestions.. that must be it.". I'm guessing it's was SUPPOSED to go in Fcraft Server Software>Suggestions section. thanks for pointing that out ollie. :L

Should i repost my suggestion @ the correct section or do you want to move the thread entirely to the right section?
Show

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

I'll move it now. Just think harder next time.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie