/Markrandom, /Markrelative

Post all ideas and suggestions for fCraft here
Zafum
SupOP

/Markrandom, /Markrelative

Post by Zafum »

This would sort of add a whole new dimension to randomizing builds:

(To avoid confusion, just for this post, I'll term any coordinates marked specifically for the /markrandom commands as "points".)

• /Markrandom (/mr), /Markrandom Replace [blocks] (/mr r), or /Markrandom Replacenot [blocks] (/mr rn)
Could be used in the place of a regular coordinate mark. You would need to specify two points for the /Markrandom, and it would choose a random coordinate between the two points, and use that as a coordinate for whatever command you're using. /Markrandom Replace would do basically the same thing, but would only choose a random coordinate from one of the types of blocks you specified.

• /Markrelative [XX, YY, ZZ] (/mrel)
Could be used to mark a coordinate relative to the last coordinate placed. Like, if I wanted to make a sphere in a random place on the map, but wanted it a specific size, I could:
#1. "/sphere".
#2. "/markrandom".
#3. "/mark 6 6 6" and "/mark 123 123 123" to randomly select the first coordinate.
#4. "/markrelative 0 0 -6" as the second coordinate, 6 blocks lower than the first.
And we'd be able to make a sphere at a random position on the map, but one which would always be exactly 6 in diameter.

Anyway, I could think of a large number of new possibilities that would open up if you could place draw commands randomly, across a specific area.

The main downside I can think of from a user's perspective, is that it would be very hard to use these commands on a large scale. Like, say you wanted to place dozens of race cars randomly on a track (using /paste and /mr replace), or thousands of stars randomly in space (like with /sphere white, /mr, and /mrel). That would take far too many commands to be feasible to use, without using autohotkey or something. The best fix I could think of, would be if extra options were added to the "/" repeat command, but that'd have to be saved for its own suggestion topic :3

---

As far as ideas go, this is kinda out there, and probably fairly difficult to implement into the software. Just thought I'd share it though ^^.
Flamewarrior199: I've seen the inside of Donald Dick man it's wierd.
Flamewarrior199: *Duck
Epicpeople321: LOL
RuggedBear: LOL
(IRC) Fiandra: LOL !

Hellenion

Re: /Markrandom, /Markrelative

Post by Hellenion »

Although it sounds nice, I would shun its use, it sounds dangerous and it's scary at least. Seeing the sheer amount of commands you need to initiate, making sure it's in the correct order, I predict it will see very sparse use.
A = {x ∈ P(U) | x ∉ x}
Mods:
  1. /Su - Allows players to temporarily become a different rank
  2. /Snap - Like /Line but only draws straight or diagonal lines.
  3. pre-0.630 skip/none block

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

To me markrandom seems to be asking for grief, and then have people blame it on the random mark. Mark relative might be cool, but make it relative to yourself not the last point you marked, or maybe both.

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

If you're gonna specify the random mark with two marks anyway, why not pick the random mark by yourself?
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

/MarkRelative sounds useful, but /MarkRandom is just dangerous. I might implement the former, but definitely not the latter.