"Rank Message" command

Post all ideas and suggestions for fCraft here
Ivanosauros

"Rank Message" command

Post by Ivanosauros »

Had an idea for a command, "/rankmessage" (or /rm). Basically works in the same principle as /staff, but instead of just posting to op+, it posts to rank+.

for example, "/rm supop How does /gen work again, guys?"

More or less for the purpose of discussing crap nobody below the ranks needs to hear, making a builder+ announcement, that sort of thing.

I was thinking it'd show up like @@RANKNAME in chat, but with a +.

Not exactly a -vital- addition, but it would reduce how much an op would need to hear the waffle of a new supop learning world edit commands when they can't help anyway. It'd also help in terms of discussing promotions/candidates/bans/demotions etc ingame.

xN8Gx

Re: "Rank Message" command

Post by xN8Gx »

Already been suggested, although no clue whether frag is implementing or not. This might just be left up to plugins.

http://forum.fcraft.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2808

EDIT: try @@(rankname) for rank messages. The server already has a rank chat feature.
Last edited by xN8Gx on March 14th, 2012, 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
[12:43] <FCB1> +Pemalite: N8G. You are the sexiest chick ever.
[12:44] <FCB1> +Pemalite: N8G. You so sexy. I wanna touch and stroke your luscious beautifull hair like it was my own and hear you purr.

Jonty800

Post by Jonty800 »

xN8Gx wrote:This might just be left up to plugins.
Shotgun.
You cannot use certain BBCodes: [img].

BobKare

Post by BobKare »

xN8Gx wrote:Already been suggested, although no clue whether frag is implementing or not. This might just be left up to plugins.

http://forum.fcraft.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2808

EDIT: try @@(rankname) for rank messages. The server already has a rank chat feature.
That topic is not about the same. Some people seems to have problems separating announcements and chat messages...

It's a good idea, I think :)

About your edit, he posted about that as well.