Ability to hide whom shares your IP

Post all ideas and suggestions for fCraft here
BobKare

Ability to hide whom shares your IP

Post by BobKare »

The suggestion is quite simple.

I think there should be an option for per-player disabling whether it should display in your info whom shares your IP (sry for heavy sentence^^).

There are several reasons for this.
  1. If you share IP with many people, extra (fun) accounts, it might be spamming your info.
  2. People who share your IP may have insulting or offensive names, which you don't want on your info.
  3. It may be fun to log-on as a guest (Your real acc is op/admin) and test your staff ;D
The two players will still be registered on the same IP, and if you separately /Info them, the same IP will display.
The only thing changing is the player's info.

You should also be able to remove it per-name, like removing one name from the list.

My suggestion is to add it to the /SetInfo command, maybe by /SetInfo [Name] IPSharing -[Name]/-*/+*

Your sincerely,

-BobKare

Ninjacat101
Trustee

Re: Ability to hide whom shares your IP

Post by Ninjacat101 »

I'm pretty sure if you are the owner of the server you can just delete them out of the playerDB.
["hip","hip"]

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

There is no way to delete individual player recordfs from the PlayerDB. Do not attempt to edit PlayerDB.txt yourself. If you do attempt it, dont come here to complain about PlayerDB corruption.

BobKare

Post by BobKare »

fragmer wrote:There is no way to delete individual player recordfs from the PlayerDB. Do not attempt to edit PlayerDB.txt yourself. If you do attempt it, dont come here to complain about PlayerDB corruption.
I know there isn't, but you got /SetInfo, which edits the PlayerDB, so isn't it possible to make one?

Jonty800

Post by Jonty800 »

You could make a modification yourself inside the /Info command. Wrap the "players also on IP" section with a if(target.Name != "BobKare") or something like that. You could also add something similar into the PlayerConnecting section in Server.Cs

orrrr

A permission, and wrap both with the if target.Can(
You cannot use certain BBCodes: [img].

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

<technical post>

Deleting records from PlayerDB at runtime may introduce instability to the server, if there are some leftover references to the PlayerInfo object floating around. The only time that fCraft deletes any data from PlayerDB currently is the /PruneDB command. The command only affects players who've been offline for over a month, and haven't interacted with the server much (few blocks places, no kicks, no bans, no other active accounts on IP, no promotions/demotions, etc etc). Although I dont plan to add command to delete PlayerDB records at will myself, there will be a way for plugins to do it via the API.

Jonty800

Post by Jonty800 »

If I wanted to remove a player from the 'shares IP with' list, would changing an IP during runtime be safe?

For example: "Jonty800, shares an IP with fCrafters* and McForgeSucks*"

/Setinfo fCrafters IP 0.0.0.0

"Jonty800, shares an IP with McForgeSucks*"
You cannot use certain BBCodes: [img].

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

Yeah, I can add "/SetInfo IP", that's easy enough

BobKare

Post by BobKare »

fragmer wrote:Yeah, I can add "/SetInfo IP", that's easy enough
That would fix most problems mentioned as well.

It sounds like a good idea :)