/Cmaximum

Post all ideas and suggestions for fCraft here
Landy99

/Cmaximum

Post by Landy99 »

I was cuboiding air over wide areas when I realized a possible command...

What if, like brush, you could set a parameter to the set type-- only for a maximum cuboid limit. I know that many servers have draw limits depending your rank. But even besides ranks, it could still help.

Let's say you want to delete these big block areas, but every time you have to make sure it's under your limit of, say, 30k blocks. So /cmaximum would be a set command kind of like /paint (where you toggle it), except with a value, such as 30,000.

So now let's say you have this setting on. Now, every cuboid you do will only complete up to a maximum of 30k. So you don't have to worry about making sure you're selected area is yey high or so. This would help extremely with deleting large areas of block for people that aren't 'Admins' or 'Sops' persée EDIT: Or most importantly to not lag the server per cuboid

Just a shorcut idea! :hmm: (lol lots of mine are...)

PhoneBook_

Re: /Cmaximum

Post by PhoneBook_ »

I belive this would be better fit for enable/disable in config. Not a command.
<FCB2> carlos32123: permissiin to deny the deny of the permission of departure denied

Landy99

Post by Landy99 »

phonebookguy wrote:I belive this would be better fit for enable/disable in config. Not a command.
Do you mean for the administrator who owns the server, having certain settings for each ranks? That sounds good too! But there's still the problem with lag with big servers and cuboids, so it might help higher ranks that don't want to mess the server up.

EDIT: This command/togglething would have to be better modified though as so it knows when to stop for the limit (vertical or horizontal, etc.)

LiamRayStanley
OP

Post by LiamRayStanley »

I can see a couple issues with this as if lets say, there was a 2000 draw limit for guests, and i wanted to make a triangle (over 2000), it would become somewhat messed up as it cant finish the whole thing. Obviously you mentioned cuboiding but its kind that same idea. It would make things unorganized and uneven.

Simple solutions:
1. Make it so that lets say i make a sphere, to a radius of 20, and when i toggle this feature It can only draw 15.75 of those blocks. It should default fall back to 15, to prevent the erroneous hideousness of corrupted looking blocks.

2. Adding a: "Would you like to continue your (method of placing blocks, ellipsoid, cuboid etc) with a maximum of (block limit) blocks placed? /ok to continue"

With all due respect this isnt really an issue for mason/op+ as their draw limit shouldn't have any effect on these (usually). So this suggestion is more geared towards the people that have low draw limits.

More so.... You shouldn't really need a toggle for that. You (unlikely) shouldn't need to place that many blocks multiple times with the builder draw limit set to 8000. I built allot as a builder and i rarely hit 8000 that often, might just be me though.
<+FCB>Arvarna: i think your banhammer needs a downgrade