Temporary Ban

Post all ideas and suggestions for fCraft here
Thingy15927

Temporary Ban

Post by Thingy15927 »

Okay, So I've had this idea ever since I became veteran... It is THE TEMPORARY BAN! So basically I envision something like /ban (playername) (reason) (length of time (maybe in hours? or if leave blank then permanent until undone?)). I believe that sometimes people screw up, but once they realize their banned, Its almost too late for change. But, with a temporary ban, people can realize what they did. If they cared about fCraft, then they would wait the time out or post an appeal. If they just wanted to grief, most likely they wouldn't wait the time out and just get on another server.

So for those that realize their wrong doing, its a way to change.

So what do you think people of fCraft especially Fragmer? Are you with me?

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Re: Temporary Ban

Post by Sanjar Khan »

You are contradicting yourself.
If they cared about fCraft, then they would wait the time out or post an appeal. If they just wanted to grief, most likely they wouldn't wait the time out and just get on another server.
Exactly, so why do you feel this is needed?
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

DreamingInsane
Owner

Post by DreamingInsane »

If someone needs to get banned, They'll get banned. I don't really see the need for "temporary" bans.
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.."
~ Edgar Allan Poe

Thingy15927

Post by Thingy15927 »

@sanjarkhan
I see what you mean. Let me make myself clearer. If they realized what a great server fCraft is, then they would wait the time out. Take prison, for example. You get jailed when you do something bad, regardless of whether you begin to feel remorse or regret. I believe that a temporary ban could be something like this. It would be long enough to keep griefers at heart away and also be long enough so griefers that realize what they've done is wrong and want to stay here to change their ways. Why do I care? I dunno really, maybe it has something to do with my demotion... But I really don't know...

@dreaming
It was just a suggestion, and I understand why you feel that way.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

It could be a suggestion for the server software as an option, but fCraft Official will not run it.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Intertoothh
Trustee

Post by Intertoothh »

The ban is temporary, if they appeal and get unbanned.
McLaughlinKid wrote:You put roar on everything don't you?

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

Support for temporary bans is actually almost finished in fCraft 0.600, but we will probably not enable them on the server.

If someone's behavior is bad enough to warrant a ban, we'd rather have them write an appeal or be gone permanently. For lighter misdemeanors, we already have muting, freezing, and kicking functionality.

Still, like I said, there will be an option for server owners to enable temporary bans on their server in the near future.

KingCrab

Post by KingCrab »

fragmer wrote:
If someone's behavior is bad enough to warrant a ban, we'd rather have them write an appeal or be gone permanently. For lighter misdemeanors, we already have muting, freezing, and kicking functionality.
<+FCB1> 05+Pemalite: all the fcraft chicks reject me except element

13:04 + FCB2 │ +Pemalite: craaaaab
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: no
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: ill give yout the best loving ou ever ad crab

Thingy15927

Post by Thingy15927 »

fragmer wrote:Still, like I said, there will be an option for server owners to enable temporary bans on their server in the near future.
Cool, great!

Post by Loading... »

I dont understand :hmm:

Exist now a option for temp bans?

I like it and want it :D

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

There is no command to do temporary bans now. But there might be in one of the future releases.

Post by Loading... »

:D