map errors and login problems

Post here to get help with using or setting up fCraft
CyrusSonOfThor

map errors and login problems

Post by CyrusSonOfThor »

i just got a new server and i have 2 issuse.

1. the maps are pre-set to 128x128 and i wanted a bigger map...i changed the size and it gave me a map that was 128x128 with empty bedrock the rest of the way...HELP i tried many things but nothing fixes it

2. the other problem is ppl cannot connect to my server...it says "server is probably down"
everyone says that it is a port problem or firewall on my computer but i opened a port on my computer's firewall my routers firewall and my anti virus ... then i made a path on my computer to the java bin...now what ... it still wont work

LiamRayStanley
OP

Re: map errors and login problems

Post by LiamRayStanley »

may i ask, did you take the right steps to "port forward" your server? not just allowing your firewall to accept the server.
<+FCB>Arvarna: i think your banhammer needs a downgrade

Zafum
SupOP

Post by Zafum »

1. Could you explain more thoroughly what exactly you're doing to make the new world? I don't understand the problem.
2. Did you click the button on the config next to the Port Number setting that says "Check", to make sure it was open?
Flamewarrior199: I've seen the inside of Donald Dick man it's wierd.
Flamewarrior199: *Duck
Epicpeople321: LOL
RuggedBear: LOL
(IRC) Fiandra: LOL !

CyrusSonOfThor

Post by CyrusSonOfThor »

Problem one idk if u can help. First of all I am using 800craft which uses fcraft for the software but has a few mor commands. The problem is that when I use the CUI, or whatever the command menu is called, to set up the server (like ranks and maps and ect.) and create maps it has them preset to 128 blocks by 128 blocks. I wanted to change this on a few maps so I set it to the next highest and it worked. However when I got into the server the map was 128blocks by 128blocks but with an additional area that was made of bedrock. I could not go into this area. If u still do not understand I can show u after I get the port forward problem fixed.

Problem 2 I think is caused by me not doing the porting part right. I did everything but I don't thing that my computer is ported right. How do I create a port for java on my computers firewall. Maybe you can give me a link for a page or video on how to fix this.
Last edited by CyrusSonOfThor on April 3rd, 2012, 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

Post by Lim-Dul »

First of all I am using 800craft
No support for modded servers.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell

CyrusSonOfThor

Post by CyrusSonOfThor »

Lim-Dul wrote:
First of all I am using 800craft
No support for modded servers.

Y can't I get help because I have a "modded" server. It is not modded really it is Fcraft code still and 800craft has no forums. Also I can switch to fcraft if it will get me help and if it is easier for u guys to understand and help me with.

I do apologize if there is a problem with getting help for a "modded" server. As I said I can switch to fcraft.

CyrusSonOfThor

Post by CyrusSonOfThor »

Here I just did some research and found what all is changed in 800craft from fcraft. It is designed to avoid lag and crashes but still have a lot of command options if u want the details see http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Custo ... s/800Craft

Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

Post by Lim-Dul »

It's because we don't know where the errors are coming from - they might be connected to vanilla fCraft or occur due to some modifications to the code. We are not providing support for modded fCraft code not because we hate on people but because it's simply too difficult and not worth the research that would have to be put into it.

P.S. What you showed is just a list of features. To track down bugs fragmer would need to look into the source code - which is partially no longer his.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell

LiamRayStanley
OP

Post by LiamRayStanley »

cyrus why don't you head to their forums, they have them for people with issues to there modded fCraft server. (again they have forums)
http://forums.au70.net/
<+FCB>Arvarna: i think your banhammer needs a downgrade

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

Like everyone said, we cannot provide support for users of modded copies of fCraft. For 800craft, the right place to get support is http://forums.au70.net/

Jonty800

Post by Jonty800 »

Ahhh, sorry for this ending up on here guys.

There is a 'report bug' section on the GUI which takes you to the forums.

There are no issues with world creating or loading, it sounds like the problem is with both your port forwarding and the way you used /Gen.

You don't need to register on the forums, but if you could make a post there, I'll see how I can assist you.
You cannot use certain BBCodes: [img].

CyrusSonOfThor

Post by CyrusSonOfThor »

ok...sorry for the conflicts and thanks for redirecting me to the 800craft forums

i posted the problem there