HB Saver

Post here to get help with using or setting up fCraft
LeChosenOne

HB Saver

Post by LeChosenOne »

Well, since no one else has posted this, it seems that I am doing something wrong. I downloaded a vanilla copy of fCraft, and once I run (and then close) my serverGUI, the heartbeatsaver does not open. When I manually open the heartbeatsaver, it opens and seems to send one count, then freezes. Does anyone know the issue? (I made my friend download fcraft and try the heartbeat too, and it didn't work for him either.)
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Re: HB Saver

Post by fragmer »

What is the last thing HeartbeatSaver prints before freezing, if anything?

LeChosenOne

Post by LeChosenOne »

When the HB Saver is manually opened, it prints
(the time)> minecraft.net OK: (my server public url)

It actually doesn't freeze. It looks like the saver is actually sending beats. Right when the saver is booted up, it sends the above message. Then, looking at the times, it looks like the HB saver sends a beat every consecutive 20 seconds. So that part looks good. The issue is that it wont start when serverGUI is closed.

Edit- before you ask:
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

BobKare

Post by BobKare »

LeChosenOne wrote:Edit- before you ask:
If I've understood this right, you need to disable that. The built-in heartbeat sender is the one sending heartbeats from the server itself. Disable that, and the heartbeat data will be written to heartbeat.txt, where the HBSaver gets the server details. Then you can run the server and the HBSaver at the same time, so that you can shutdown and restart your server without your uptime being reset.

If it got any other purpose, please correct me.

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

HeartbeatSaver is a separate program. It does not open automatically when you run ServerGUI/ServerCLI. You need to start it alongside, preferably as a background task (see To schedule a task to run automatically when the computer starts, with Windows 7). You should disable ServerGUI's/ServerCLI's built-in heartbeat sender when you use HeartbeatSaver. HeartbeatSaver will read data from heartbeat.txt. For more information, see the fCraft wiki.