reseting to previous time.

Post here to get help with using or setting up fCraft
matelo2

reseting to previous time.

Post by matelo2 »

I am an administrator on one of the servers.
The owner only leaves the server running because it is part of his system.
He has allowed me to run the classic game for the last year.
I asked him to try to update it , we are using 631 or 6.31 or what ever it is. He did something that has totally cleared all the main world back to a grass covered square.
He says he doesn't know what he did.
The server still shows 0.631_r1740 (I just went back and did /serverinfo).
He doesn't have the minecraft client on his computer anymore and he has forgotten how to revert it to a time before it cleared. is there any way as an admin I can reset it to a time before he did something and get the main world that I have done so much work on back?
thanks

Hit-Girl
Trustee

Re: reseting to previous time.

Post by Hit-Girl »

I'm almost certain there is nothing an Admin can do. But no doubt scoot (fCraft creator) will post soon with a fool-proof guide on how to fix.
<SMB> pen23: Hit you are so mean and pathetic and a liar and you're ugly and fat

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

Hi matelo2. Unfortunately there is not much I can tell you without knowing any details.

1. General advice:
  • It would be great if the server owner could post on this forum (or at least read through this thread and respond through you).
  • It would also be great if you could update the server from 0.631 (which is over a year out-of-date) to the latest version, 0.644. There have been many bugfixes and improvements since 0.631.
  • I moved this topic to the correct subforum (fCraft Server Software -> Support).
2. To diagnose this specific problem:
  • Look through log files, and look for any errors (lines that contain "ERROR: ") and warnings (lines that contain "Warning: "), and post any relevant excerpts/information.
  • It would also help if you could give me the server's IP address or name. When fCraft software encounters a serious error, it submits crash report to my server. If I knew server name or IP address, I could look for relevant crash reports.
3. Data recovery options:
  • By default, fCraft saves a copy of every map when it is replaced with /wload or /gen. If has accidentally overwritten maps, there would be a copy of the old map under maps/backups/ in the server's directory. There are also other backup options (e.g. backup-on-save and backup-on-server-startup) that may have been enabled. Definitely check that directory.
  • It's possible that the server was configured to use a non-standard map directory. Have the server-owner check MapPath setting in config.xml, as well as the --mappath command-line option.

matelo2

Post by matelo2 »

I will post him this link and see if he will help.
I can tell you the server is maiome24/7 on
https://www.minecraft.net/classic/play/ ... c8979845d5.
thanks.

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

Hm nope, there are no crash reports from your server in my database. So I will definitely need more information (from logs) to figure out the cause.

matelo2

Post by matelo2 »

Ok thanks for your help. I have sent him a link for this site.