A brief discussion on Elven Architecture

Discuss anything that doesn't fit other categories here.
CodyLewis

A brief discussion on Elven Architecture

Post by CodyLewis »

I've been doing alot of research on it lately, and I'm not too sure what the outstanding features / materials used would be, I would prefer a wood elf type of architecture over a high elf. How do you guys feel about Elven architecture?

Element_Equinox
Trustee

Re: A brief discussion on Elven Architecture

Post by Element_Equinox »

Just to be clear, you are asking what our opinion is of architecture that is completely fictional and entirely up to the creator's discretion?

In other words, there are no set rules as far as elven architecture is concerned because (spoiler alert) elves do not exist. The rules are entirely up to you, as are the design qualities and styles. Google it, figure out what you like, find a way to make it work, then show it off.
Ollieboy: I can fully understand the want for epeen so whatever.

Hafnium
Owner

Re: A brief discussion on Elven Architecture

Post by Hafnium »

I think we understand what he's talking about, Equinox.

Hafnium dons his wizard hat of +5 nerd.

Generally, Elven cities are described as being in harmony with their environment. Wood elves would usually not kill anything in the construction of their cities. In some settings, they have magic that allows them to shape trees into structures that can support them and leave the trees to thrive.

If you don't want to go that route, I suppose they'd be made out of wood and stone like any other city, but with more organic shapes.
The first law of thermodynamics states that you don't discuss thermodynamics.