dontstephere
OP

Fcraft: My story

Post by dontstephere »

First, a little about me.

I was born in california, raised in new york. Now i am attending the
University for Advancing Technology in Tempe, Arizona. I am majoring
in game design.

I am a hardcore gamer, and i play competitively (go to tournaments ect.) in Halo, League of Legends, and World of Warcraft.

Since i got to school i have had less and less time to spend attending events and have since taken up a new pastime: Minecraft (Namely fcraft, which i discovered on my first day of minecraft ever)

--Now for the story--
The first day i was on fcraft, i built an 8 hour long build, which can be seen in builder63. (its a big red thing supposed to be a skyhook from Star Wars.) (this is also the first time i met nuclearwaffle, who i consider to be a great friend to this day)

I began to love the community and started to get involved, (annoying many people in the process.)

One day, i decided to check out some of the multitude of worlds that we had, and i came across pixelart by Astelyn, KingCrab72, and pavoneo. After bugging the heck out of Aste and Pav, i was able to get some insight into how to do pixelart.

I was greatly motivated by those three and hoped to one day be as good as them, a feat which i am nowhere near to accomplishing. I began to work on pixelart, and began to create some of my first work.

One day, I was promoted to vet by fragmer. Needless to say, i was overwhealmed and squandared my first few days, ignoring work, trolling hit_girl, and generally making a nusance of myself.

It all came to an apex when i went over the top and messed around too much, namely with Dreaminginsane, who demoted me.

After appealing and agreeing to change my ways, i was re promoted, and went back to building and started to help people.

However, i still trolled and eventually, n8 and kingcrab sat me down and gave me an ultimatum. Stop trolling or leave. Intuition told me that this was the general consensus of the greater majority of the community.

I began to slowly but surely wise up to the fact that i was not entiled to my rank, or, better, to being in the fcraft community at all. Realizing this set things into place for me.

I worked hard, helped people, and tried not to annoy some choice people. Eventually, i think that it all came to a point (i think) where people began to trust me a little bit more.

Fastforward a multitude of hours and i was promoted to op, where i am now and where i hope to be, helping others, for a long time to come.

----------------------------------
Afterthoughts:
Thank you to everyone in the community, namely the ones mentioned above, who helped me mature as a person and a member of this great community. (and to Helio_ and inter, who i bugged on countless occasions to move stuff for me, and fragmer who seems to be there whenever i need him)

This is my story, feel free to paste yours below.

KingCrab

Re: Fcraft: My story

Post by KingCrab »

Excellent story. You've come a long way. Welcome to the forums
<+FCB1> 05+Pemalite: all the fcraft chicks reject me except element

13:04 + FCB2 │ +Pemalite: craaaaab
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: no
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: ill give yout the best loving ou ever ad crab

McLaughlinKid
Anyone can have this, I don't want it.

Post by McLaughlinKid »

GRATZ on Op :P
11:25 PM <CMB> M1_Abrams: Beard, I wrote that you are my favorite rapper, can you rap?
11:26 PM <CMB> TheBeardmaster: i can rap on the fly, i just gotta get a li'l high, which ain't so hard, you just gotta try

Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

Post by Lim-Dul »

I am a hardcore gamer, and i play competitively (go to tournaments ect.) in Halo, League of Legends, and World of Warcraft.
You named the most un-competitive set of competitive games I have ever heard. :-P
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell

dontstephere
OP

Post by dontstephere »

Lim-Dul wrote:
You named the most un-competitive set of competitive games I have ever heard. :-P
^^ well, they are all in the MLG circut, so its a good place to go if i want prize money :)
what do you play>

Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

Post by Lim-Dul »

These days nothing. Used to: CS 1.6, TF2.

And HoN/Dota 2 over LoL any day. :3

(Though I have two level 30 accounts - it's just that I find this game is a joke ESPECIALLY on a competitive level =)

dontstephere
OP

Post by dontstephere »

Lim-Dul wrote:These days nothing. Used to: CS 1.6, TF2.

And HoN/Dota 2 over LoL any day. :3

(Though I have two level 30 accounts - it's just that I find this game is a joke ESPECIALLY on a competitive level =)
I do NOT like hon at all, not gonna lie. LoL gets really competative if you get into it ^^
I cant play FPS on pc cuz it makes me nauseaus -.-

Intertoothh
Trustee

Post by Intertoothh »

That must suck.
I loved 3d shoters when i played those.

My team was in the top 10 of a dutch quake2 competition, way way way back, i think it was in 1998 or something.

McLaughlinKid wrote:You put roar on everything don't you?

beeriebeer
SupOP

Post by beeriebeer »

Hello, and gratz on op. I'm not sure when i get on after i found 40 trojans on my pc :x

Pemalite
Trustee

Post by Pemalite »

dontstephere wrote:
Lim-Dul wrote: I cant play FPS on pc cuz it makes me nauseaus -.-
Try playing Descent 3. :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj0NkDQi ... re=related

You can get turned around allot in that game.
Xecutioner91890: I wanna meet the owners that would be a dream !
<@hafnium> Fuck off

Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

Post by Lim-Dul »

Pemalite wrote:
dontstephere wrote:
Lim-Dul wrote: I cant play FPS on pc cuz it makes me nauseaus -.-
Try playing Descent 3. :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj0NkDQi ... re=related

You can get turned around allot in that game.
Hey, stop putting words in my mouth. :-P
LoL gets really competative if you get into it ^^
Well, people try to make it competitive but this doesn't change the fact that it is an unbalanced mess with some rudimentary features missing for competitive play. :-P

One of the top HoN players in his day, chu, came over to LoL for a while and topped the US solo rankings in like a month, then he came back to HoN. ;-)

And hey, he didn't bash it as a whole - neither do I - he said it's a fun game but a joke competitively. :-P

In his words:
seriously though I’m glad I got to try League of Bads, now all my arguments vs LoL will be valid. Well made casual game, donkeyshit competitive game. There is only one way this game can be played at top level and that is passive farm-lane-entire-game, with its metagame heavily reliant on a stupid free blink that probably plagued that game since the beginning of time.

Personally I went to LoL every time I wanted to relax because it's just so much easier to carry games even with a shit team. :-P
But who cares - these days it's all about Dota 2, which at the moment is worse at HoN, which was initially a direct port of Dota 1, but it's the only game that has a nice future competitively in the Dota-like genre...

Speaking of which, gotta play some Dota 2. ^^

dontstephere
OP

Post by dontstephere »

Yea i know HoN is ---ALOT--- Harder, but going to the mlg mainstage is a great experiance for a gamer, appearing on tv, getting well known and whatnot, and LoL has a presence in MLG now, as hon, far as i know does not. HoN is more competative, but LoL has bigger sponsors and events.

Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

Post by Lim-Dul »

Yes, that's true.

It has a presence at the NASL and DreamHack though.

Still, doesn't matter, I can make arguments of Dota 2 vs LoL instead and Dota 2 has huge tournaments and such and is basically the same as HoN. ^^

dontstephere
OP

Post by dontstephere »

Lim-Dul wrote:Yes, that's true.

It has a presence at the NASL and DreamHack though.

Still, doesn't matter, I can make arguments of Dota 2 vs LoL instead and Dota 2 has huge tournaments and such and is basically the same as HoN. ^^
do you still need a key to access Dota 2?

Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

Post by Lim-Dul »

Yes, but they're adding tons of player like every day. I got in around a month ago or so, AFAIR.

Fill out this survey and you might get in:

http://blog.dota2.com/2011/10/the-sleep ... gon-wakes/