X3 Terran Conflict/Reunion

Discuss video games, films, clips, pictures, music, ponies and all kinds of other fun stuff here.
Smokeybacon
Trustee

X3 Terran Conflict/Reunion

Post by Smokeybacon »

So any X3 players around here? Post your empires and let's talk about shit.

After around 2 days playtime I dont have that much.

~37M credits
TL Elephant
M6 Vidar
M6+ Heavy Dragon
5x TS (Universe Traders)
3x TP
4x M3
4x M4
4x M5 (including Starburst)
And an Ore Mine M which I got for free in Reunion, which isnt doing anything yet.

Fight rank Militant
Trade rank Master Broker
Argon rank 10
Boron rank 10
Terran rank 6
Paranid rank 7
Split rank 7
Teladi rank 7
Goner rank 3
ATF Lunar access

My personal ship is usually an M3 Mamba Raider with 8x PAC which goes 266m/s. Been thinking about using the Vidar but it's just too slow and it has cargo problems as it needs to carry MAML ammo.
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: my dad is an arkansas goveren
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and iwe are suing skittles
[02:29] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and we may file a lawsuit against fcraft

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Re: X3 Terran Conflict/Reunion

Post by Sanjar Khan »

Yes, me. However I haven't really played since I built my new rig. Meaning all I've done is quickstart and set up some large battles to test framerates
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

More people should play this. I just got x3AP and it probably ruined my contemporary history grade. A few days in and I got;

~35M credits
M7 Tiger, loadout: 10 FAA in it's turret slots, 4 CIG + 4 ISR in it's front mounts.
M6 Centaur
10x TS Mercury, maximum level universe traders
2x TS Mercury super freighter XL, for supply runs
TP Argon Phantom, mainly for passenger missions
2x M5 Argon discoverer and adv. discoverer
4x M3+ Chimera
And a bunch of captured Xenon and Terran fighters scattered across the universe I am keeping as trophies.

Since I got the Tiger I haven't done much to increase my income, just flying around shooting stuff and dying alot. I duelled two Q's and then narrowly escaped an I as it jumped in, setting me back 10M credits for hull repairs. I'm now saving up for the Split M7M capture frigate so I can turn fighting into a profit, I'm not much of a station or complex player.

Smokeybacon
Trustee

Post by Smokeybacon »

I was saving up for an M7, but in the end of the TC campaign I bought an M6+ Springblossom, and was lucky enough to find a well stocked P-MAML forge. That thing goes at M5 speed, and the 10 front P-MAMLs rip through Qs like butter. It's such an overpowered ship, perhaps even more so than the Hyperion.

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

I got it a couple of months ago, but I couldnt figure out how to really get started and haven't really had time to get into it. I'll probably be playing it this summer though.

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

The X3 community is one of the best I've ever encountered. Not only is there an immensily active modding scene, are there tons of good guides available but they are exremely patient and helpful as well with any questions you might have. I've always started with the Humble merchant gamestart. You're forgiven though, the initial learning curve is rather steep. Bite through that and you got a true gem.

Smokeybacon
Trustee

Post by Smokeybacon »

You will have to consult online guides and forums on how a lot of the gameplay mechanics work, because despite being a huge tome, the game manual is rather useless. However, as Sanjar said, the community is great with advice and guides.

Always go for the easiest start, often the hardest part of the game is at the beginning. In Reunion I started with an Argon Discoverer with one Alpha PAC, and made my money very slowly, ferrying energy cells back and forth between The Wall and Argon Prime, not being able to check station prices until I had already docked.

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

I looked up a walkthrough on youtube and am now doing some basic trading with energy cells and ores and things locally. Hopefully soon I can start building bases and get more ships.

Also, sweet graphics:

Smokeybacon
Trustee

Post by Smokeybacon »

There should be a way to make that ugly sidebar disappear unless you need it.

Also, if you want free ships, look here:
http://eng.x3tc.ru/x3_tc_free/ships.php

Bear in mind a lot of them are in nasty sectors. You should be able to get the Toucan Hauler in Menelaus' Frontier easily enough though.

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

Same goes for that ship in Family Whi, shame free ships are put in random sectors in AP.
Also your mercury is quite damaged, it affects your speed. And don't forget about SETA.

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

I claimed the ships in Menelaus' Frontier and Family Whi, I was thinking about selling one, but I'm not sure what to do now. I want to get into some combat, what kind of ship should I get and where would I fight someone?

Also, how'd you guys get so much so fast lol.

Smokeybacon
Trustee

Post by Smokeybacon »

Early on, capping ships will be very useful for gathering money if you prefer combat. Avoid M5s and M4s for fighting, go straight to M3s, use something sturdy. The Nova is one of the best M3s in the game. I used a Mamba Raider, which is very fast but lightly shielded like all Split ships. But with 8 PAC on the front it was pretty powerful.

I'd highly advise doing the Terran campaign. You will get several free ships, including an ATF Vidar M6, which you can keep or sell for one of the really good M6+ like the Springblossom or Hyperion, which are probably the best ships in the game for personal combat.

For fighting sectors, go to the string of nasty sectors East and South-East of President's End. You'll mostly find Pirate M4s and M5s, but later in the game Carracks and Galleons appear.

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

I started the Terran campaign, I'm about half way through. This game is great!
Sanjar Khan wrote:More people should play this.

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

I expanded my trade fleet by 10 Universe traders who are almost all near level 25. I put satellites in all relevant sectors to fill up my Split M7M on missiles and boarding pods. Which is a slow affair. Might buy some factories to produce my own weaponry cause at this rate Ill have to wait days after each fired salvo before I can consider capping something again.

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

For universe traders do I just need to buy trade software mk3 and stick it on a ship and tell them to go? Also, do I get the explorer software to place satellites through a string of sectors?

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

A yes to both, but a Universe Trader can't really do without 3x25MJ shielding and a jumpdrive either. And your employee must have reached at least level 8 I believe for the 'start universe trader' command to unlock.

Smokeybacon
Trustee

Post by Smokeybacon »

If you pick the right sector, sector trading can be very lucrative. Universe trading can cause your ship to wander around aimlessly and often getting into trouble. Try sector trading in Queen's Space and Empire's Edge.

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

Yeah I use Empire's Edge to train my UT's. Albion Prelude has incorporated a plugin called Blacklist manager mk3, which eliminates alot of the trouble involved. Still not perfect though, they still like Omycron Lyrae. Alot.

A safe alternative and almost equally lucrative to UT's are Sector Traders set on +1 or +2. Works great in Ore Belt.

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

If you use Xadrian, this is what I am putting together at the moment;

Code: Select all

Game: X³: Albion Prelude
Sector: Freedom's Reach
Suns: 100 %
Code: AwQHhgECVwKdAQJcBRICOxsAOxsAZgEA

Factories:
2x Bliss Place L (Teladi)
2x Cahoona Bakery L (Argon)
2x Cattle Ranch L (Argon)
5x Crystal Fab M (Argon)
2x Dream Farm L (Teladi)
1x Silicon Mine L (Split, Yield: 26)
1x Silicon Mine L (Split, Yield: 26)
1x Solar Power Plant XL (Boron)

Total price: 53.448.084 Cr
Profit per Hour: 942.761 Cr
Lovely thing with set-ups like these is no matter how much or little you sell, it will always be a profit since it is self-sustaining. Breakeven in 5.4 hours with SETA on if my math is correct.
If you have any suggestions for sectors to put complexes in, please share.

Smokeybacon
Trustee

Post by Smokeybacon »

Oh with SETA, I'd advise not leaving it on for long periods (for a few hours or whatever). It does cause race rank drops, eventually into the negative. It's also not really in the spirit of gaming. If you want to make money without even putting any effort into playing the game, why not just cheat console it in, and save yourself the electricity bill?

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

I'm now kind of stuck on mission six of the terran plot. I'm supposed to scan four freighters in Family Zyarth, but while I was docked at one of the stations, a Xenon Q, a couple L's, and an M came through the portal and are just patrolling the sector one-shot killing everything, including the freighters I'm supposed to be scanning. They won't leave, I cant get near the freighters without dying, and it keeps restarting cause the Q keep killing them. I don't really know what to do.

Smokeybacon
Trustee

Post by Smokeybacon »

Ah, the Q. They will forever plague your game until you get an M7M or M2. Though if memory serves, you can fail that mission and the message will be sent to you again at some point in the future, with the ships respawned. You might want to check the online plot guides for that. Alternatively, load up a save before you started that mission and wait for a while before attempting it.

I must stress that even without Xenon running around, mission 6 is VERY buggy, and you definitely need a save from before you've started it. Below is a guide for it I have copypasted:
MISSION SIX :

Difficulty : Easy
Bugs : Everywhere

*** Note : Save in a separate savegame before you start this mission. Odds are good that you won't be able to finish this mission and will have to start over all the way from the start. Don't get caught without a previous savegame! ***

I AM NOT KIDDING! MAKE A SEPARATE SAVE!

The Terrans will contact you after awhile and order you to dock at the Orbital Patrol Base in Asteroid Belt. Dudes talk at you for awhile, then Robert Pearle will come onboard. Make SURE you have Cargobay lifesupport before you start this mission. If you don't have it, go buy it at a pirate base before you start the mission. Also, pick up 3 advanced satellites before you start, and 3 25MW shields. (trust me.)

- Once Robert Pearle is onboard, he becomes mission critical. Do not sell your ship! If you do that, he apparently starts floating around the universe and you'll have a %*#*)%#) time trying to find him. Also, it appears it'll then break the mission if you pick him up anyways.

- Fly to Family Zyarth, and drop one satellite. Doesn't matter where.
- Fly to Family Ryk, and drop one satellite. And yes, you just CAME through this sector. Apparently planning isn't Robert Pearle's strongest point...
- Fly to Zyarth's Dominion, and drop one satellite. Pearle should talk to you and tell you to wait a bit. If he doesn't, your mission broke and you should restart from the save I told you to make earlier.

- Fly back to Family Zyarth, and scan the highlighted ships. They will be highlighted just like in mission five, although this time they are Split ships, obviously. When you find the ship you're looking for, it'll go hostile and you need to SLOWLY shoot it down. Don't open up with Concussion Impulse Generators. You need to give the idiot pilot time to jump.
If you blow the ship up, don't worry, there's more.

- Claim the ship and board it.

- If you're lucky, the pilot will jump at 70-80% hull. If you're unlucky, he'll jump at 2% hull. Either way, REPAIR the ship to 100%, and beam over the 3 25MW shields. You will need all of it. Yes, I know it takes long. Trust me.

- You need to find the Split Elephant in the sector. If you're lucky, it's in scanner range, and will be highlighted on your map. If you're unlucky, you need to find it, and you need to do so in the freighter, as the mission wants you to be IN this freighter.

- When you find the elephant (he's usually in the SE corner of the sector), fly close (less than 400 meters) to plant a tracking bug. As soon as that's done, hightail it out of there. Now, five decafs will come after you. You can try to run but odds are you won't make it. What I always do here is just have my personal ship run interference for me. It doesn't need to kill them (in fact, it's probably better if it doesn't, see later) but just get them off your back so you can escape.

- Once you're out of the sector, fly to the Terran Odin in Ocean of Fantasy. When you get close to it, the captain will talk for awhile, then give you a cutlass.

*** NOTE : Transfer all your stuff from your personal ship to your cutlass, all upgrades, etc. The mission likes you better if you fly the cutlass here. ***

- Fly to the unknown sector. As soon as you enter the sector, there should be a cutscene, and Split and Terran forces should be fighting. If your sector has nothing but asteroids in it, your mission broke. Restart from the save I told you to make.

*** NOTE : In my experience with this mission, this point is dependant on whether the decafs lived or not. If they did, it tends to go right. If they died, I usually get an empty sector. YMMV. ***

- Fight with the Split for a bit, if you want to. It's not really necessary, since the Terrans outnumber them 10 to 1, and the Split just keep respawning anyways, as long as the TL has not been captured.

- Once the TL is captured, a pilot escapes from it, then ejects. Pick up the ejectee. Make sure you have cargo life support. I went through five respawns of this guy you need to scoop up before I realized I shoved them into a cargo hold and made them breathe cold hard vacuum...

- Transport your prisoner to The Moon. Dock at the Military Base. And then pray really really really @#Y@($&#% hard. Because odds are, you will just sit there and nothing happens. Like it has for so many other people. And then you get to restart all over again. Yay! I'm glad this mission was tested so well

In any case, in my experience, the game likes it better if you fly the ships it expects you to. However, as I was taking notes, it died on the final dock, I got angry, rushed through the mission just by using my Heavy Centaur everywhere, and ofcourse it worked fine then. I'm sure this all made sense to SOMEONE at Egosoft...