Ranks

Want to provide feedback or have a question? Post away!
stkal

Ranks

Post by stkal »

Ok, so I recently received veteran and Mason ranks, both of which I'm immensely pleased with, but I haven't really had the chance to log on and ask someone at Mason+ what this means, what my new commands are, and whether I'm supposed to do anything more than build bigger stuff!

So the reason for this post is that I've been looking around the forums for some sort of description and explanation of the ranks and their abilities/responsibilities, and have found nothing. Thus, the suggestion:

Could we get a post explaining (roughly, I know it's something y'all want some room to wiggle with) the procedures for rank-ups on both the architect and Sup-Op paths? I've seen that the Op path is something given, where mason/arch is requested, but it also seems like y'all have to answer that question again every couple of months.

More to the point, something like the school world, but in a thread: "This is builder. They do this, they have access to these commands, and they are expected to blah. This is vet. They ... "

I can understand being vague on the requirements to rank up since I'm sure that y'all kinda do that based on whether the player "feels right" for the job, but at least some vague idea about what's available?

I mean I'm kinda new to the game, only 3 or 4 weeks in, and I really have no idea what an Op does, or what a Trustee is. I can guess based on the definitions of the words, but I don't actually know. Could we get some sort of flow chart or something please?

Thanks for reading,
StKAL

McLaughlinKid
Anyone can have this, I don't want it.

Re: Ranks

Post by McLaughlinKid »

GRATZ on mason stkal!! :D Trustee and Trustess is a rank for people they really trust. Op is for moderating, they mostly kick/ban people. They also get bugged to promo people to builder. They are helpers.
11:25 PM <CMB> M1_Abrams: Beard, I wrote that you are my favorite rapper, can you rap?
11:26 PM <CMB> TheBeardmaster: i can rap on the fly, i just gotta get a li'l high, which ain't so hard, you just gotta try

stkal

Post by stkal »

right, that's about the level that I've got it understood, but I was thinking something more detailed, including commands for each rank, block limits, responsibilities, etc. etc. etc. I know it would be a fairly detailed post that would take a good bit of time to construct, but like I said - I think it would be very helpful to have all of that information listed and explained.

McLaughlinKid
Anyone can have this, I don't want it.

Post by McLaughlinKid »

Ohh ok. I do agree it probably would be helpful. It will take some time to complete though.
11:25 PM <CMB> M1_Abrams: Beard, I wrote that you are my favorite rapper, can you rap?
11:26 PM <CMB> TheBeardmaster: i can rap on the fly, i just gotta get a li'l high, which ain't so hard, you just gotta try

GLOTCH
OP

Post by GLOTCH »

If u wanna see commands of higher ranks type /rinfo <rank>

For example /rinfo op or /rinfo trustee. Those should give u the info your looking for
17:29 Reemo2000: IS THERE ANY GIRLS ON THIS SERVER OTHER THAN ME?
17:29 +SanjarKhan: YES
17:29 +SanjarKhan: ME
17:29 +SanjarKhan: TOTAL SLUT RIGHT HERE

Helio_
SupOP

Post by Helio_ »

Ingame color: grey
Well, this is the rank you gain as you first join the server, with this you may do basic functions, but basically it still allows you to build and have fun!

New permissions
May place/delete blocks on all Guest-worlds
May visit all worlds
May place grass-blocks

A Builder
Ingame color: green
Ah, so you've been here for a while eh' Builder is the first rank above guest. To get to this rank there is a promotion system which is based on the quality of your guest builds and your activity on the server. If you wish to be examined for potential promotion then ask an op+
. With builder you get a fair few more commands over guests. You can build in the builder worlds which are a lot less likely to be griefed. If you are a builder, we suggest you build in these worlds to prevent loss of your hard work. You can also place new blocks like lava and water which guests often ask for, take this as your duty to respond to their requests and help them out. Along with these you may also use cuboid, ask an op+ to help you learn these commands.

New permissions
May place/delete blocks on all Builder-worlds
May place lava and water-blocks
May use Draw-commands with a limit of up to 8192 blocks at once
May use Copy/Paste-commands with a limit of up to 8192 blocks at once
May view the info of other players
May teleport to other players
May kick griefing guests

A Veteran
Ingame color: dark green
Veteran, congratulations! This rank is gained through an autopromotion system which is based on many factors, mainly revoloving around activity and dedication to the server. Veteran mainly adds some more moderation commands including freeze, mute, ban, hide and bring. These commands should be explained to you in game. From veteran the rank tree forks in two. You should start to think about whether you wish to pursue a moderation/administration rank, or try to become one of the prestigous masons or architects by building epic constructions. You will not be able to choose both!

New permissions
May place/delete blocks on all Veteran-worlds
May use Draw-commands with a limit of up to 32768 blocks at once
May use Copy/Paste-commands with a limit of up to 32768 blocks at once
May hide from other players of and below their rank
May teleport other players to their position
May freeze griefing guests
May ban griefing guests after multiple offences

Building Ranks

A Mason
Ingame color: dark blue
Masons are superior builders who have been promoted from veteran for fantastic builds. This rank is given at the discretion of the admin ranks, applications for mason may be made (by any rank of veteran or above incidentally) but these are not mandatory. Mason is generally not given retroactively. Once you have become a mason, you are expected to be dedicated to making epic builds. As a result masons have no moderation commands, however have access to all draw commands and an increased draw limit, and can build in mason worlds which have a very large capacity.

New permissions
May place/delete blocks on all Mason-worlds
May use Draw-commands with a limit of up to 131072 blocks at once
May use Copy/Paste-commands with a limit of up to 131072 blocks at once

An Architect
Ingame color: dark blue with a +
Architects are quite simply the best builders on the server. This rank is obtained for making truly epic builds. Take pride in being amongst Classic Minecraft's best creators. Masons can make an application for architect, but this is not mandatory. The rank is given at the discretion of the administration. Architects have unrestricted access to all building-related commands and have an infinite draw limit, and can build on architect worlds which have a huge capacity for very large builds. As with mason, no moderation commands come with this rank. Note that even though there is no actual draw limit, the safe draw limit is around 50 Million blocks. Any more than this may severely lag or crash the server.

New permissions
May place/delete blocks on all Architect-worlds
May use Draw-commands with an unlimited number of blocks at once
May use Copy/Paste-commands with an unlimited number of blocks at once

Administrative Ranks

An Operator (Op)
Ingame color: light blue
Op, With this rank comes even more responsibility. After the moderation you may not find yourself with as much time for epic builds. This rank is obtained at the discretion of the administration, based on veterans' activity, devotion to the server, maturity, understanding of the community and moderation skill. Veterans may not attempt to apply for this rank. Some of the new commands are moving spawn points, zoning, and banning IPs. Operators can also promote guests to Builder rank. A minimum of three op+ ranks must agree before a guest can be promoted. In rare cases two op+ users may be acceptable if the server is badly understaffed. In promoting guests, ops+ should look for effort and dedication in addition to quality of builds.

New permissions
May place/delete blocks on all Operator-worlds
May place the indestructible admincrete-block
May use Draw-commands with a limit of up to 65536 blocks at once
May use Copy/Paste-commands with a limit of up to 65536 blocks at once
May ban the IP of griefing players
May ban the IP and all accounts which have recently used that IP
May move the spawnpoint of a world
May zone part of a world to a specific player/rank
May promote guests to builders
May demote builders in extreme cases of rulebreaking

A SuperOperator(Supop)
Ingame color: red
Supop, With this rank you MUST absolutely know your way around fCraft and our ways. Guests will be asking you the rules. Your actions have to set a solid examples for everyone on the server. With Supop you are allowed to make new maps, You will also be responsible for the Main Wipes which is quite a complex process.

New permissions
May place/delete blocks on all SuperOperator-worlds
May use Draw-commands with no limit to amount of blocks
May use Copy/Paste-commands with no limit to amount of blocks
May create new maps
May load and unload worlds from the current worlds-roster

A Trustee
Ingame color: red with a +
Trustee, As the name suggests you are highly trusted by the server management. You can also delete maps and view the logs, and edit players' info from within freebuild.

New permissions
May place/delete blocks on all Trustee-worlds
May access the logs
May delete maps
May manually edit players' info
May appoint new Operators, Superoperators, Masons and Architects

A Trustess
Ingame color: pink with a +
A female Trustee, how wonderful.

New permissions
Same as Trustee above

Owner
Ingame color: red with a #
Owner, There are 4 owners on the server, Lim_Dul, Fragmer,Hafnium, and Ollieboy. Lim is the manager of the Minecraft-servers. Whatever he says goes. Fragmer is the creator of fCraft, the server software used by Freebuild. He has the Owner-rank for debug reasons. Hafnium is a minecraft community manager and Ollieboy assists in the managing of smp.
New permissions
May do whatever the hell he wants

Retrieved from an old page on the wiki. I did a few modifications but it should explain things good enough.
Last edited by Helio_ on September 25th, 2011, 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
We do what we must, because we can.

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

Thanks, Helio. Great post. I'll see if we can make this summary more accessible.

stkal

Post by stkal »

Thanks Helio_, that's exactly what I was getting at :)

One thing though, is that imtygatyga and myself were testing out some of the new commands we had access to and found that neither of us could freeze, tyga with vet rank and myself with mason. In both cases it said "command requires vet+". Is this some sort of bug? or maybe something that has to be unlocked specifically for each player?

lucky_pierre
SupOP

Post by lucky_pierre »

Mason has no moderation commands because it is solely for building, so there's no problem with you,
but tyga should be able to use /freeze, I'm not sure what the problem is there (unless he was trying to freeze you, that won't work).
piss 2017