cleaning up after grief

Want to provide feedback or have a question? Post away!
1mgc1

cleaning up after grief

Post by 1mgc1 »

cleaning up after a griefer is almost as important as catching them:
- it makes it easier to catch new griefers
- it improves the environment for guests that want to build
- it improves community quality by showing what is not tolerated
- main requires fewer whipes

i suggest that the protocol after u catch the griefer should be to find his oldest grief and ask an op to undo it.. this takes a minute tops if every1 cooperates..

if u want to see the difference between undoing grief and not undoing grief, compare a main i didnt patrol to a main i did patrol..

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Re: cleaning up after grief

Post by Sanjar Khan »

:hmm:
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

DreamingInsane
Owner

Post by DreamingInsane »

Wut?
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.."
~ Edgar Allan Poe

xN8Gx

Post by xN8Gx »

This thread is as arrogant as it is useless.
[12:43] <FCB1> +Pemalite: N8G. You are the sexiest chick ever.
[12:44] <FCB1> +Pemalite: N8G. You so sexy. I wanna touch and stroke your luscious beautifull hair like it was my own and hear you purr.

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

Now now, I'm sure his intentions are noble. He just doesn't realize that only staffmembers really frequent this forum.

xN8Gx

Post by xN8Gx »

1mgc1 wrote:if u want to see the difference between undoing grief and not undoing grief, compare a main i didnt patrol to a main i did patrol..
This was a smidge arrogant. I get that he's trying to encourage op+ to /undox and /ua more, but that last part didn't help his suggestion.
[12:44] <FCB1> +Pemalite: N8G. You so sexy. I wanna touch and stroke your luscious beautifull hair like it was my own and hear you purr.

Allie

Post by Allie »

I thought we all had gotten into the habit of /undoxing grief by now anyway, no?
<CMB> KingCrab72: Some mixture and contrast would be nice tbh Ollie
<Ollieboy> Some mixture and contrast of your face on my penis would also be nice

cdferg
Trustee

Post by cdferg »

What he fails to realize is that most Ops+ always do /undox. Plus, it's not like cleaning up after grief is a new thing. We've been doing it even before /undox....
doberman411: I now know that I feel a bit of relief every time the landing gear of my plane lifts off of the runway knowing that I'm one step closer to freedom.

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

cdferg wrote:We've been doing it even before /undox....
What cdferg doesn't realize, is that we've only existed for as long as 1mgc1 has been aware of fcraft.

1mgc1

Post by 1mgc1 »

hey, dont shoot the arrogant bastard of a messenger pls..
this message is indd mainly directed to my fellow vets (who may or may not visit the forum)

fact is that its hard to find a build in main thats not full of holes when i dont personally undo grief or ask an op to do it.. theres blockspam, random holes and towers everywhere, eating up buildingspace and signalling every griefer this place is "worth" griefing.. having a messy main also makes it harder to detect griefers from a far..

i realize im being an arrogant whining perfectionist, but we could make fcraft main the place to be for real mc'ers who want to become part of our community and maybe even get fcraft back on the first page by encouraging the "right" crowd by repairing the damage done by the "wrong" crowd on a more regular basis.. im NOT saying nobody repairs damage already, but i AM seeing many holes that rnt windows..

McLaughlinKid
Anyone can have this, I don't want it.

Post by McLaughlinKid »

As a vet I would like to say that is a bit arrogant. Many of us fix grief we find. We fix it or ask op+ to undo. You are not the only one that does that.
11:25 PM <CMB> M1_Abrams: Beard, I wrote that you are my favorite rapper, can you rap?
11:26 PM <CMB> TheBeardmaster: i can rap on the fly, i just gotta get a li'l high, which ain't so hard, you just gotta try

1mgc1

Post by 1mgc1 »

allow me to quote myself:
im NOT saying nobody repairs damage already, but i AM seeing many holes that rnt windows..

Darklight
SupOP

Post by Darklight »

1mgc1 wrote: im NOT saying nobody repairs damage already, but i AM seeing many holes that rnt windows..
Yep, let's all focus on repairing the grief on the server instead of getting rid of the griefers. You fail to recognize that with a full server, it's pretty much impossible to do both because there is ALWAYS people griefing. We undox people but there is always more to take their place and people who go around un-watched because everyone is busy. If you think you have a better method than what we already do, please feel free to share it.

1mgc1

Post by 1mgc1 »

i guess ill just quote myself again:
cleaning up after a griefer is almost as important as catching them:
u see? i didnt fail to recognize the importance of catching griefers over repairing their grief.. in fact it was in the very first line..

i dont know about better methods of catching griefers (from a far), but in the few days ive been patrolling ive kicked over 60 of them.. another thing.. i dont know if uve been paying attention to how main looked in the past week, but if u have, u may have spotted the difference..

if u havnt, u prolly wont, as im now a mason and cant really patrol anymore..

Allie

Post by Allie »

There shouldn't be any argument about this. When a staff member finds someone causing grief, this is what should be done:

1) Freeze the offender
2) Warn the offender
3) /undox their grief
4) Bring them back to spawn
5) Unfreeze them and spectate them for a bit

If they continue, you simply kick them and /undox all of their grief again. This leaves little room for any actual damage.

To be frank, I'm fairly sure about 99% of our staff does this or something like this already.
<CMB> KingCrab72: Some mixture and contrast would be nice tbh Ollie
<Ollieboy> Some mixture and contrast of your face on my penis would also be nice

1mgc1

Post by 1mgc1 »

the reason this thread xists is because im annoyed by large amounts of visible grief in main..
all im saying is; we can do better..
the protocol is not what the argument is about

cdferg
Trustee

Post by cdferg »

There will always be grief, and that is something that we'll have to deal with. We do the best we can. Some days the grief will be more visible, others it won't. Some days there will be more moderators online, others there won't. The day we are 100% grief free with 50+ guests running around will be the same day hell freezes over.
doberman411: I now know that I feel a bit of relief every time the landing gear of my plane lifts off of the runway knowing that I'm one step closer to freedom.

Darklight
SupOP

Post by Darklight »

1mgc1 wrote: i dont know if uve been paying attention to how main looked in the past week, but if u have, u may have spotted the difference..

if u havnt, u prolly wont, as im now a mason and cant really patrol anymore..
No, I haven't noticed because main always looks shit, regardless of who's on. And the last sentence sums up every arrogant thing you've bothered to say in this thread.

Now that youre mason, you can go around and fix up the grief that annoys you so much without having to bother with the griefers. Problem = solved.

1mgc1

Post by 1mgc1 »

No, I haven't noticed because main always looks shit, regardless of who's on.
what, my word not good enough for u? i dont care if u think im arrogant, i know im arrogant.
Now that youre mason, you can go around and fix up the grief that annoys you so much without having to bother with the griefers. Problem = solved.
ive got undox now? cool!
There will always be grief, and that is something that we'll have to deal with. We do the best we can.
good, i know its not easy to repair most damage and pretty much impossible to fix all damage.

cdferg
Trustee

Post by cdferg »

Nope, you don't have /undox.

lucky_pierre
SupOP

Post by lucky_pierre »

1mgc1 wrote:im arrogant.
piss 2017

Intertoothh
Trustee

Post by Intertoothh »

Hold your horses!

He is right, and i'm not only using undox for it, becouse loads is hours ago, and i only use it within mins.

So a /c wood a wall once a while, or a /r air grass is good!

So yeah! Keeping main clean, gives more room for guests and less excuses for griefers.
AND you will spot them faster!
(i use /whodid alot on griefed parts, most is then hours ago, if we can keep main neat, its should be mins ago.)

Not all houses are even close to be repaired. if its griefed to bits, i leave it.
But if its just a wall, or a ground thats griefed, please use a /c as well, even tho you did not catch that griefer.
McLaughlinKid wrote:You put roar on everything don't you?

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

Intertoothh wrote: So a /c wood a wall once a while, or a /r air grass is good!
/r air dirt grass

Darklight
SupOP

Post by Darklight »

Intertoothh wrote:Hold your horses!
He is right, and i'm not only using undox for it, becouse loads is hours ago, and i only use it within mins.
/undoarea solves the hours problem. You dont have to worry about undoxing anything substantial thats actually been built by them.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

I just had a read of this again and I will bump it so everyone can have a good laugh again.

And remember kiddies, he got banned because he thought I was arrogant, and should have gotten banned instead of him.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

xN8Gx

Post by xN8Gx »

This one was fun, but I like the one where he started asking for the rank combining mason and op more. Btw still waiting for that combination of guest and owner...

JustOnePanda
OP

Post by JustOnePanda »

Hehe I remember him, it's been a while since something actually reminded me why he got banned in the first place :P wasn't he considered a god among the vets?
"a person's dream are meant to be fulfilled not crushed and these words I am typing from the 3DS are from my heart"
-SSJGoten22

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

JustOnePanda wrote:wasn't he considered a god among the vets?
Well, yes, but he was the one who considered him that.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie