Smp

Want to provide feedback or have a question? Post away!
KingCrab

Re: Smp

Post by KingCrab »

Hafnium wrote:So king, are we writing a plugin to handle all that, or did you just volunteer for a massive job? :happyskeleton:

Noo, we're not going to force role-play.
Thus the reason for a zone where people can just do whatever they want. No plugin would be needed for boundaries, just create some signs or something saying "red territory".

Like I said, may only be an idea. Feel free to throw in any input you want. Figured it take a lot less resources than the multiple map thing.

The nations are technically just larger cities. Maybe instead of predetermined nations, we let the players create their own?
<+FCB1> 05+Pemalite: all the fcraft chicks reject me except element

13:04 + FCB2 │ +Pemalite: craaaaab
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: no
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: ill give yout the best loving ou ever ad crab

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

I was always keen for an RPG server with quests and shit (back when Craftizens existed, I heaven't heard any dev plans recently). Either way that will scare people away who don't know the rules and just want to build and stuff. If they make a little house and start crafting some weapons and we are all like ZOMGWTF DUDE GET INTO A NATION OR GTFO he will gtfo.

I will have my own little RPG fantasy in Salvezza and whoever wants to can join me, or set up another city down the ways to have a war or a trade line or something else RPG-ish but we cannot force a whole server to do that. This is a game of what the individual makes it. RPG servers are only good if everyone is on board which is rarely the case.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

KingCrab

Post by KingCrab »

Ollieboy wrote:I was always keen for an RPG server with quests and shit (back when Craftizens existed, I heaven't heard any dev plans recently). Either way that will scare people away who don't know the rules and just want to build and stuff. If they make a little house and start crafting some weapons and we are all like ZOMGWTF DUDE GET INTO A NATION OR GTFO he will gtfo.

I will have my own little RPG fantasy in Salvezza and whoever wants to can join me, or set up another city down the ways to have a war or a trade line or something else RPG-ish but we cannot force a whole server to do that. This is a game of what the individual makes it. RPG servers are only good if everyone is on board which is rarely the case.
No matter what map comes up or what happens...someones gonna be pissed.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Oh exactly, that's why we should act to the majority and have as little restrictions as possible within the resources that we can have. Having a billion worlds, each with a separate theme would be the ideal solution but that can't happen, so trying to cater the main world to everyone will have to do.

That's why I said in my little "region" I will be trying to make an RPG environment, but my region won't be at all large, just the city and some outskirts. I'd be more than happy to try and get some players to join in and help out that style of gameplay, but that style of gameplay shouldn't be applied to the entire world.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Aleries
Trustee

Post by Aleries »

Ollieboy wrote:If they make a little house and start crafting some weapons and we are all like ZOMGWTF DUDE GET INTO A NATION OR GTFO he will gtfo.
Those that don't want to be in a nation could be put into a group labeled as Ronins. Then it could be a universal understanding between all the nations that the ronins are not be touched or involved in "international" affairs.
I'll go where ever my mind takes me.

KingCrab

Post by KingCrab »

Aleries wrote:
Ollieboy wrote:If they make a little house and start crafting some weapons and we are all like ZOMGWTF DUDE GET INTO A NATION OR GTFO he will gtfo.
Those that don't want to be in a nation could be put into a group labeled as Ronins. Then it could be a universal understanding between all the nations that the ronins are not be touched or involved in "international" affairs.
Exactly...we don't HAVE to force people into nations. Just offer the opportunity. Haf talked about Whitelisting it anyways. Doubt it will happen but its worth a shot. They don't even have to be called Ronins. Just let them do there own thing.

Hafnium
Owner

Post by Hafnium »

*twitch*

No forced roleplay on the main server. If we see a large desire for a role play world, we can set one up, I suppose, but it WILL scare people away, specifically those that just want to build.
The first law of thermodynamics states that you don't discuss thermodynamics.

Hafnium
Owner

Post by Hafnium »

I mean, I'd love to geek out and do a massive RPG server, but that's just me, and I can hold myself back. :happyskeleton:

KingCrab

Post by KingCrab »

Well, I'm forcing the call upon you now.

So Hafnium, are we having a new map, the old map, or the current map in SMP? :happyskeleton:

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

New map sweetie, read up on the other topics
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

TheMastBoss
SupOP

Post by TheMastBoss »

Many people already started building on the current SMP Map.

Make the current SMP map the "Permanent" map.
* Isotope destructively nudges DreamingInsane with a new frogsleg.
tesfai10: greg79 wanna have sex

Hafnium
Owner

Post by Hafnium »

Temporary maps are full of creeper holes and grief and stolen/spawned items. Keeping one as a main map was never an option.

KingCrab

Post by KingCrab »

Hafnium wrote:Temporary maps are full of creeper holes and grief and stolen/spawned items. Keeping one as a main map was never an option.
So...its a new map then?

Hafnium
Owner

Post by Hafnium »