Tree of Promotions

Want to provide feedback or have a question? Post away!
barrowboyjames

Re: Tree of Promotions

Post by barrowboyjames »

Or maybe... KICK them and have them not waste a server slot?
Bloody_Llama wrote:Portals are like flavored condoms: an interesting idea, but not something you ever actually want to use in practice.
0_o
Ollieboy wrote:The taste runs out really quickly, and then your just stuck sucking on a bit of rubber around a banana.

Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

Post by Lim-Dul »

DutchKazuya wrote:Actually no,
I can give a good example:
As you know on fCraft freebuild /k is the last line of defence.
On a server I used to play on builders had /gun as the last line of defence, preventing him from moving a lot because you are spawncamping.
Slap also prevents people from building while in mid air (until they figure out how to respawn in mid air...)
No, the "last line of defense" is /ban. And before that we have /kick - and before that we have /freeze that freezes people in place and doesn't allow them to build blocks. And before that we have /spectate to see what players are up to.

See? All fine without commands written by 14-year-olds!
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell

DutchKazuya

Post by DutchKazuya »

/kick is the last line of defense, after that comes /freeze and then /ban.
On that server they didn't trust builders with /k (there requirements were less so it makes sense)
but they did give /gun as last line of defense.
And notch programmed it, do you call him 14 years old?

barrowboyjames

Post by barrowboyjames »

DutchKazuya wrote:/kick is the last line of defense, after that comes /freeze and then /ban.
No. You don't kick then freeze. Do you?
Bloody_Llama wrote:Portals are like flavored condoms: an interesting idea, but not something you ever actually want to use in practice.
0_o
Ollieboy wrote:The taste runs out really quickly, and then your just stuck sucking on a bit of rubber around a banana.

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

You are stupid Barrowboyjames, you need to ban someone first. If that does not work, you freeze them. If all else fails, ie THE LAST LINE OF DEFENSE, you kick them.
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

barrowboyjames

Post by barrowboyjames »

Sanjar Khan wrote:You are stupid Barrowboyjames, you need to ban someone first. If that does not work, you freeze them. If all else fails, ie THE LAST LINE OF DEFENSE, you kick them.
OH! I guess I'm not the 300th smartest kid in Britain! (No really, I'm not...)
0_o

xN8Gx

Post by xN8Gx »

Sanjar Khan wrote:You are stupid Barrowboyjames, you need to ban someone first. If that does not work, you freeze them. If all else fails, ie THE LAST LINE OF DEFENSE, you kick them.
Dammit, I knew I was doing something wrong all this time. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
[12:43] <FCB1> +Pemalite: N8G. You are the sexiest chick ever.
[12:44] <FCB1> +Pemalite: N8G. You so sexy. I wanna touch and stroke your luscious beautifull hair like it was my own and hear you purr.

JustOnePanda
OP

Post by JustOnePanda »

DutchKazuya wrote:/kick is the last line of defense, after that comes /freeze and then /ban.
On that server they didn't trust builders with /k (there requirements were less so it makes sense)
but they did give /gun as last line of defense.
And notch programmed it, do you call him 14 years old?
Ok this is kind of annoying me; first of all thats not this server, we have different requirements and place trust in the builders. Secondly (this bugs me the most), /gun is a shitty command that only annoys a player to hell and lags the server, its useless. And even so /gun can be abused, just like /kick, so it all depends on the maturity of the player.

Btw Notch did NOT create /gun, he created the original server software for Classic, everything else is a variation, like fCraft, Mcforge and Blockbox :zombie:
"a person's dream are meant to be fulfilled not crushed and these words I am typing from the 3DS are from my heart"
-SSJGoten22