Builder freeze command

Want to provide feedback or have a question? Post away!
Shreebz
OP

Builder freeze command

Post by Shreebz »

There are many occurrences with builders kicking without warning first or kicking when Ops are online. But sometimes the Ops have obligations and can't deal with patrolling. When there are few Ops online, the builders will usually patrol.

To solve the problem with builders kicking, obviously take away the /kick command. But in return, giving builders the ability to use the /freeze command would aid in supervision of guests, and deter builder /kick abuse. If builder's could use the /freeze command, they could disable the griefing, spamming etc. until an Op or vet arrives.
Similar to the /kick command, builders would be notified that abuse results in a demotion.

I hope that the server will consider giving the builders the freeze command, for the many benefits it provides.

Charlie (Shreebz)

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Re: Builder freeze command

Post by Sanjar Khan »

We have discussed this many times, and it will not be changed. Kicks can be reverted, builders can be demoted. We want to have someone with the ability to get rid of griefers at all times, as a last resort.
When there are few Ops online, the builders will usually patrol.
They shouldn't.
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

Shreebz
OP

Post by Shreebz »

Alright thanks

TheMastBoss
SupOP

Post by TheMastBoss »

If we take away /kick and give builders /freeze instead of kick abuse we will have freeze abuse >.<

Also, have the ability to /f only is kind useless in my opinion.
* Isotope destructively nudges DreamingInsane with a new frogsleg.
tesfai10: greg79 wanna have sex

Fehzor
Trustee

Post by Fehzor »

I actually do agree with it, but I'm not the one who decides these things, and we have indeed talked about this quite a few times.

Freeze instead of kick means-
*Freeze abuse
*Can be used to really mess things up without an op on, though maybe not as much as /kick.
*Better ability to moderate/help moderate (when there aren't any ops/just me on)
*Would help eliminate the need for kick appeals
*Would help us to find builders who abuse commands, as people would log on who didn't grief frozen if they left
*Does not need a warning, as it is used to give warnings
*Harder to see people frozen than people kicked on /info, making it harder to root out abusers

Is my opinion on it, I know this is a bit of a redundant thread, and that we've already talked about this a ton, but thats my side of it.