Server FAIL!!

Want to provide feedback or have a question? Post away!
zero4000

Server FAIL!!

Post by zero4000 »

I am trying to run your fcraft server, But everytime i try to log in it tells me:

Failed to connect the server is probably down.

This is bullshit as I know its running.

ALL MY STUFF IS UP TO DATE so please dont tell me thats the issue.

My internet connection is fast so dont tell me its that either. Im running double the required RAM and PROC. There is something else going on here that no one on here has been able to solve. I'm getting VERY frustrated and quite frankly pissed. Fcraft was recommended to me by a friend who said this program is the best out there for classic servers. Im finding the oppisite as i have had nothing but problems with it since i tried to run it.

i made sure to read your READ me file and followed the instructions to a T. All my ports are forwarded as i run a survival server with no troubles. I need help and i need it now please. Im getting so frustrated Im literly ready to put my fist through this screen!

LiamRayStanley
OP

Re: Server FAIL!!

Post by LiamRayStanley »

Ok, i know this now. Dont try and connect to it on your laptop and get a desktop. give it a whirl.
<+FCB>Arvarna: i think your banhammer needs a downgrade

zero4000

Post by zero4000 »

I am not trying to log into the server with the laptop that is running it I am using a different computer. Still on same internet though. May i ask why having a desktop would make any difference when connecting to a server?

zero4000

Post by zero4000 »

Ok thats fine im done with fcraft Ill see you all later.

Aleries
Trustee

Post by Aleries »

May I ask which two ports you are running the survival server and fCraft server on?
I'll go where ever my mind takes me.

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

You cannot connect to the same router as the one running fcraft the normal way. Go here to see how (under Other players cannot connect from LAN).

Also, since you are running smp, make sure both are not trying to use port 25565, the default one.
zero4000 wrote:Im finding the oppisite as i have had nothing but problems with it since i tried to run it.
Don't blame the software.

LiamRayStanley
OP

Post by LiamRayStanley »

zero4000 wrote:May i ask why having a desktop would make any difference when connecting to a server?
Trying to connect using a laptop is highly unorthodox. laptops usually have low ram. Also laptops always have the shitiest Graphics. Java also never runs correctly as shown in my late night convo's with the devs over there at oracle. So that being said that Minecraft runs from java, and that it also runs with higher graphics, it isn't the best to run from a laptop. That's why desktops are so nice. why run minecraft from a laptop anyway? laptops aren't meant for that as they are portable. the only thing i use my laptop for is writing documents for school and mail and other things that i need to check out on the browser when im on the road or at school. that would be like me trying to play battlefield 3 on my laptop, and thats stupid. you shouldnt be running a server from it either, and im not saying you are. most laptops under $900 aren't recommended to be playing Minecraft on.
Get a laptop and play minecraft. there shouldn't be anything wrong with fCrafts official server software, and is 99.9% of the time your issue. sorry you were dissatisfied.

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

Laptop doesnt mean not powerful. I could play minecraft on my old $250 laptop.

LiamRayStanley
OP

Post by LiamRayStanley »

boblol0909 wrote:Laptop doesnt mean not powerful. I could play minecraft on my old $250 laptop.
Then your one of the lucky ones i guess. 250 dollars brand new? lol i am just trying to make the point that laptops aren't made for gaming. i have a 800 dollar laptop with 650Gb with a hard locked hard-drive, 4Gb of ram, and the stock integrated graphics card. and its still shitty. and yet my P.O.S. desktop will rock that mutherfucker. it only has 4Gb of ram, and A 80GB HARD DRIVE! only cuz i fried the old one and that's the only one i had around lol 3.0ghz CPU. not bad but i'm getting it upgraded soon to 4.0+ idk, Quad core anyone? and getting a ram extention, maybe something over 16Gb. i've got the money in the bank, been saving up! i am also getting a new cooling sink that will cook up minecraft like no other. now just need a new case, thinking about a "thought light-up case", colors light it up like i'm in a thunderstorm! i'm not gonna have enough money for quad monitors yet. just sticking with my dual hp's right now. :( i bet your 250 dollar laptop cant do that huh?

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

Didnt mean to get into an argument, I wasn't saying laptops are better, just saying that that probably wasn't his problem.
Last edited by boblol0909 on March 18th, 2012, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LiamRayStanley
OP

Post by LiamRayStanley »

boblol0909 wrote:Didnt mean to get into an argument, I wasn't saying laptops are better, just saying that that probably wasn't his problem.
lol, you thought it was an arguement? nono didnt mean that i was just stating that id take a laptop over a desktop any day. and that they arent good with games. ive talked to him before and asked him many questions, and there seems to be something quite wrong with his server, or frankly he is missing a step. he doesnt want to be here to solve the problem so be it, hell just come back after trying the same thing with another server. boblol you should have been lol'ing! im a peaceful guy (even though i love to argue! seriously, i get mad that i love to argue so much :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Bloody_Llama
Trustee

Post by Bloody_Llama »

OT, but I would like to point out that all these denigrations of laptops are only true in some cases. My little 15" has a 2720QM, which is (far) faster than my desktops Q9550, 8GB of memory (that was the CHEAP memory option), the integrated graphics run many games fine (including minecraft) and the gt 555m doesn't do a bad job for those requiring a little more horsepower (BF3 at mid-high settings 1920x1080 40+ FPS). And mine doesn't even come close to some of the behemoth desktop-replacers.

So while your laptop(s) may suck, making such broad statements makes you look a bit silly.
<FCB2> trevbev94: who made the perimid out of saind cause that is ausom
<FCB2> Pemalite+: druffin. 'cmere big boy for some lovin'