Why wont my port open?

Want to provide feedback or have a question? Post away!
MrCupcake

Why wont my port open?

Post by MrCupcake »

ok so earlier today i got my port open (yay) but i had to get off my comp within 25 minutes. once i am able to get back on everything was wrong cuz the port closed for some reason. i left my console open for people to get on, bu something happened while i was gone and now i cant open it back up. ive done everything i did to open it the first time, but its not working anymore. please help!!

everytime i click check to see if the port is open, it says something else is using the port. what would the something be?

beeriebeer
SupOP

Re: Why wont my port open?

Post by beeriebeer »

Please show your logs if you think this is fcraft server software related. I actually think this is caused by your router but i'm not sure about it. Also look at this website : http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/
I hope it will help

MrCupcake

Post by MrCupcake »

ok. i fixed it by changing the port, but now no one can get on even tho i have the console open. im curious as to why this is happening. and there isnt a WD server link.

LiamRayStanley
OP

Post by LiamRayStanley »

You may have to manually shut down the processes of the previous server as some tcp/udp ports stay open for me. I recommend getting an application that tells you what ports are open/being used, and should have the ability to shut down those ports.
<+FCB>Arvarna: i think your banhammer needs a downgrade