Commands :)

Want to provide feedback or have a question? Post away!
MihaiM3

Commands :)

Post by MihaiM3 »

:wink: A command to know info about an area would be great! :happycreeper:
Almost same as /bi but for areas . To tell us a procent of the placed blocks; who built and how many blocks. Even it will tell us just how many blocks are built in that area would be great (no names :( no time :( but a number!).

Some more details:
If you aren't bored yet : The command would be something like /AreaInfo (/ai) , maybe /AreaInfoFilled (/aif) for filled space and /AreaInfoUnfilled (/aiu) for unfilled space (exe: where a build was griefed , to repair grief, we'll know how many blocks to repair (for vet+ not op+! they have /undo player)) , and it will tell who (when) built/deleted/modified an area.

LiamRayStanley
OP

Re: Commands :)

Post by LiamRayStanley »

We do have "/measure", but it doesn't show "who" built inside the selected area. It should show how many blocks/which blocks are in the area. (I cant remember)
<+FCB>Arvarna: i think your banhammer needs a downgrade

MihaiM3

Post by MihaiM3 »

Thx for info.
:happycreeper: Never heared of it!
PS: :evil: Some "upgrades" would be cool.

Ninjacat101
Trustee

Post by Ninjacat101 »

I do also want the option to blockinfo an area, to see how much each player has built when looking at dual builds, maybe you should suggest it here: viewforum.php?f=14
["hip","hip"]

McLaughlinKid
Anyone can have this, I don't want it.

Post by McLaughlinKid »

Ninjacat101 wrote:I do also want the option to blockinfo an area, to see how much each player has built when looking at dual builds, maybe you should suggest it here: viewforum.php?f=14
I've wanted this command for ages but didnt know how to explain and couldn't be botherd posting it.
11:25 PM <CMB> M1_Abrams: Beard, I wrote that you are my favorite rapper, can you rap?
11:26 PM <CMB> TheBeardmaster: i can rap on the fly, i just gotta get a li'l high, which ain't so hard, you just gotta try

Element_Equinox
Trustee

Post by Element_Equinox »

Assuming this thread will be moved to the appropriate section soon, I'll just respond to it as is.

I don't see this command being made, just because I don't see a way of making it work that wouldn't either lag out the server while it tries to look up every block in an area, or spam the hell out of the user with information about every block in the area. In smaller areas, it's fine, but if you're looking up a moderate/large sized build, then expect a fair amount of lag.
Ollieboy: I can fully understand the want for epeen so whatever.

Ninjacat101
Trustee

Post by Ninjacat101 »

Element_Equinox wrote:Assuming this thread will be moved to the appropriate section soon, I'll just respond to it as is.

I don't see this command being made, just because I don't see a way of making it work that wouldn't either lag out the server while it tries to look up every block in an area, or spam the hell out of the user with information about every block in the area. In smaller areas, it's fine, but if you're looking up a moderate/large sized build, then expect a fair amount of lag.
Yeah I thought about the lag side of it too, but I was thinking more 50x50x50 house than 512x512x128 map and the block info given in percentages of which user did how much.
["hip","hip"]

LeChosenOne

Post by LeChosenOne »

You could also limit the size of the selection for /ai.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.