I have many questions, for I am Frick x)

Want to provide feedback or have a question? Post away!
Fricksionite

I have many questions, for I am Frick x)

Post by Fricksionite »

After having built some fusterclucks of stuff, I've wondered:

1. If there's this huge Contest advertisement in Builder, how come the only contest worlds I see are for mason? (Contest2) and for supop (not sure, but it's ContestV2). Are there schedules for such contests or have they been discontinued? :?

2. As a builder in a different timezone, I often encounter griefers, spammers and etc. What is my GO signal for moderation measures? Is it
A. No visible / acting OPs in-game
B. No available OPs in IRC
C. Neither of the above? :hmm: :skeptical:
I often check in IRC if there is anyone, but little respond. I'm just wondering of my "permission to launch" thing. I also follow the procedure, though. Warn -> (warn if offense is minor) -> kick

3. Is it mandatory for me (as a builder) to help guests build? I know this sounds stupid but really, guests often call the builders to build for them. We-- I, don't want to hurt their feelings, but, what do I do? ._.

Forgive me if I am stupid. I am Fricksion. :p
The Game

Ollieboy
Trustee

Re: I have many questions, for I am Frick x)

Post by Ollieboy »

Contests seem to be on hold. The contest maps there are for archiving purposes and should have probably been unloaded.

If you feel you are comfortable and capable of kicking, do so, but feel no obligation. We don't like builders kicking mainly because there average age and maturity level of a builder is low. If you can justify kicking someone with our rules and with common sense, go for it. (In the case that no OPs will come and do the kick). We'll probably be fine with it if you have your shit together and know what you're doing.

Helping? No, again you have no obligations. If they bug you to help, you can be firm and tell them that you don't want to and don't have to.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie