10 000 blocks max.?

Want to provide feedback or have a question? Post away!
Kittle
OP

10 000 blocks max.?

Post by Kittle »

So I read on the builder worlds the maximum blocks to use is 10 000? However I saw a build using 1 842 885 on Builder35.
So is it a rule or not?

Also, not trying to be rude but the server's staff is not very good. Most of them ignore me all the time. Only a few veterans and ops ever answered to questions/comments I've had... Comparatively, the masons and architects are always glad to help me.

boblol0909
SupOP

Re: 10 000 blocks max.?

Post by boblol0909 »

No, 10000 limit means maximum surface area as marked on the ground, not the volume of your build.

Freeze_Craft
SupOP

Post by Freeze_Craft »

To my understanding the 10,000 block rule was put in place to prevent Builders from reserving massive spaces for themselves, and then never using the space. So long as the space is used, there is no problem afaik.

No comment on the staff rant.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

It isn't a "rule", it's a "guideline" that you may choose to follow or not, however if you choose not to, we may just choose to remove your rank. It's about respect for space, not banning you if you have 10 001 blocks.

I also take slander against our ops VERY seriously. If there is a problem that you would like to specifically address, then please PM with the pm button at the bottom left of this post. If you were just slightly frustrated, please watch what you say. Respect goes both ways.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

Post by Lim-Dul »

Ollieboy wrote:It isn't a "rule", it's a "guideline" that you may choose to follow or not, however if you choose not to, we may just choose to remove your rank. It's about respect for space, not banning you if you have 10 001 blocks.

I also take slander against our ops VERY seriously. If there is a problem that you would like to specifically address, then please PM with the pm button at the bottom left of this post. If you were just slightly frustrated, please watch what you say. Respect goes both ways.
Ollieboy laying the smacketh down on people! Go Ollie!
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell

Darklight
SupOP

Post by Darklight »

Kittle wrote:
Volume does not = area. If you had measured around the builds perimeter im sure your figures would have been more accurate.
Kittle wrote:Also, not trying to be rude but the server's staff is not very good. Most of them ignore me all the time.
Not trying to be rude? Im sorry, but how is this not? Many ops are either busy or caught up in operation duties. We cant be at every builders beck and call every minute of the day.

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

You should be though :pig:
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

barrowboyjames

Post by barrowboyjames »

Well to be fair, I'm also fed up of builders calling vets to look at their builds for advice... it's not our build! Do it yourself!

On topic: It's just the blocks placed
Bloody_Llama wrote:Portals are like flavored condoms: an interesting idea, but not something you ever actually want to use in practice.
0_o
Ollieboy wrote:The taste runs out really quickly, and then your just stuck sucking on a bit of rubber around a banana.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Wtf? You could just say "sorry not interested". There is nothing wrong with asking advice. Calm down.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

barrowboyjames

Post by barrowboyjames »

Okay, I'm not necessarily angry, just fed up, and I don't like turning people down, and if I do, I pass the burden on
Bloody_Llama wrote:Portals are like flavored condoms: an interesting idea, but not something you ever actually want to use in practice.
0_o
Ollieboy wrote:The taste runs out really quickly, and then your just stuck sucking on a bit of rubber around a banana.

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

We are all here to build, and to share our creations with others. May I ask what it is that you are so busy with that you cannot bear the burden of sharing?
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

barrowboyjames

Post by barrowboyjames »

Granted, I build myself, I don't pester others though, if I do, inform me about it
0_o

cdferg
Trustee

Post by cdferg »

barrowboyjames wrote:Granted, I build myself, I don't pester others though, if I do, inform me about it
you uhh....yeah...you....pester others. informed.
doberman411: I now know that I feel a bit of relief every time the landing gear of my plane lifts off of the runway knowing that I'm one step closer to freedom.

barrowboyjames

Post by barrowboyjames »

Not in that way... and I don't go on IRC now...
0_o