--PVP RULES--

Free forum for everything around the smp server not falling under other categories
Ollieboy
Trustee

Re: --PVP RULES--

Post by Ollieboy »

Aaaaaand I stated in another thread that should have really been on the end of this but I'll state it again.

We will be having non-pvp zones for cities and whatnot, so gravitate towards them if you don't wanna run the risk of crying about pvp. Otherwise I'm sure you'll be able to PURCHASE a safezone for your house or something for a shitload of money. (And I feel I should clarify that this is IN-GAME, FANTASY money via the iConomy plugin. We will not be asking you to pay real money for anything that can't be bought with in-game money also.)
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

JustOnePanda
OP

Post by JustOnePanda »

I have a question on PvP area claims. Today, I killed xxFinalSnipe in his mine, which were deep and far away from his home. I got 62 iron ingots and other items from him, and he claims I cannot kill him in his home. Final claimed his mine, mineshafts (where i actually killed him) and tunnels were his home, even though they were not designated by a sign. I say the kill was a fair pvp kill, he was in unmarked territory and was in a mineshaft, which is a natural feature in maps. Abadanimator was called on, and he said only if he had built structures in the mineshaft, it would have been illegal. He was uncertain, however, and told me to ask on the forums.

What I'm asking is if a mineshaft is unmarked, even though it is somehow connected to a house/central location, can a kill inside be legal, or illegal and the items have to be given back?
"a person's dream are meant to be fulfilled not crushed and these words I am typing from the 3DS are from my heart"
-SSJGoten22

Hit-Girl
Trustee

Post by Hit-Girl »

JustOnePanda wrote:I have a question on PvP area claims. Today, I killed xxFinalSnipe in his mine, which were deep and far away from his home. I got 62 iron ingots and other items from him, and he claims I cannot kill him in his home. Final claimed his mine, mineshafts (where i actually killed him) and tunnels were his home, even though they were not designated by a sign. I say the kill was a fair pvp kill, he was in unmarked territory and was in a mineshaft, which is a natural feature in maps. Abadanimator was called on, and he said only if he had built structures in the mineshaft, it would have been illegal. He was uncertain, however, and told me to ask on the forums.

What I'm asking is if a mineshaft is unmarked, even though it is somehow connected to a house/central location, can a kill inside be legal, or illegal and the items have to be given back?
It was a legit kill. On the permanent map we'll have a means of buying anti-pvp zones of some description thus this will be preventable if the player so wishes it to be.
In fact, it is now, they could (A) type /home quickly (B) embed themselves in placed blocks (C) spam signs. There's no doubt more ways it could be preventable these were just a mere few from the top of my head.
<SMB> pen23: Hit you are so mean and pathetic and a liar and you're ugly and fat

KingCrab

Post by KingCrab »

JustOnePanda wrote:I have a question on PvP area claims.
As Hit basically just said. The rule is elaborated as such that he has to firmly designate it so it is obviously, no question asked, claimed a no pvp zone or part of his house. Considering he did not do so, as Hit mentioned it was a legit kill.
<+FCB1> 05+Pemalite: all the fcraft chicks reject me except element

13:04 + FCB2 │ +Pemalite: craaaaab
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: no
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: ill give yout the best loving ou ever ad crab

Bloody_Llama
Trustee

Post by Bloody_Llama »

That is why smart people wall off their mines and fill them with deadly traps :)
<FCB2> trevbev94: who made the perimid out of saind cause that is ausom
<FCB2> Pemalite+: druffin. 'cmere big boy for some lovin'

Intertoothh
Trustee

Post by Intertoothh »

I dont use natural tunnels. and i make my mine shafts look epix.
Only thing i need to do in the new server is spam signs. Also the 'main tunnel' i like to pimp (nice pillars, rails etc). So its realy clear its not some random terrain but realy MINE.
That with the 1000 signs, should make it a bit more save for me to work in i gues.
McLaughlinKid wrote:You put roar on everything don't you?

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Everyone needs to invert their vagina. You are not in your home if you are in a mineshaft. You are in your home if you are in your shitty little box with a roof, chest, and bed.

If a home was constructed underground, then that is a different story, but if you are out getting resources fucking oath it was a legitimate kill! There is always a risk associated with reward, and getting pk'd is it. The only reason it wouldn't be legit is if JustOnePanda teleported or whatever the other rules are.

Hit-Girl
Trustee

Post by Hit-Girl »

Intertoothh wrote:I dont use natural tunnels. and i make my mine shafts look epix.
Only thing i need to do in the new server is spam signs. Also the 'main tunnel' i like to pimp (nice pillars, rails etc). So its realy clear its not some random terrain but realy MINE.
That with the 1000 signs, should make it a bit more save for me to work in i gues.
Well, the spamming of signs was actually meant for this server only. Of course you'll still have the ability to do so in the new map, and the same rule will still stand, but we'll have better means of protecting yourselves from it than this.
<SMB> pen23: Hit you are so mean and pathetic and a liar and you're ugly and fat

Kitteh

Post by Kitteh »

so lets say to non-pvp an area costs 10,000 in game currency or Minedollars :p
when its non-pvp'd will it be like spawns non-pvp or against the rules to hurt someone there?
-->&<-- Forbidden :O

KingCrab

Post by KingCrab »

Kitteh wrote:so lets say to non-pvp an area costs 10,000 in game currency or Minedollars :p
when its non-pvp'd will it be like spawns non-pvp or against the rules to hurt someone there?
Plugins will prevent the actual act of PVP'ing within that area. You can swing your sword at them, but nothing will happen.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

It would be far more expensive. This is to deter people being able to afford it for their house or something, and only when they pool together their money and whatnot they can afford it. There are also other flags people can buy, e.g. grief protection, stop mobs spawning etc.

KingCrab

Post by KingCrab »

Ollieboy wrote: There are also other flags people can buy, e.g. grief protection
Isn't this pretty much a given with our moderation though? I can see what you mean (ie: Zone my house so no one else can delete a block. In other words, whitelist that area), but can't we already rollback actions anyways?

And locking your chest is standard and you won't be stolen from as long as you're smart enough to put your stuff in a chest.

The only way I can see of what is trying to be accomplished is making the server a little more self-sustaining. That way some people don't have to worry about grief even if they are during the night when most admins are sleeping.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

All protection services will be bought, including locked chests (i.e. a trustee will be able to set chest protection for a player if they pay them) I will look into setting this up after the shitstorm that is the 1.9 server settles down. Grief was just a bad example.

KingCrab

Post by KingCrab »

Doing "/rules commands" in-game specifically states that players may not use /home when being attacked or getting ready to die.

This rule is missing from both the rules listed here and the in-game "/rules pvp."

Also, if I am correct, since /home is not allowed, than logging out while under the same situation should not be allowed either.

This became an issue when a player decided to use that as a loophole when engaging in PVP earlier.
Since common sense obviously can't be used, I feel as if it should be elaborated.

mushroombadger

Post by mushroombadger »

What about when you really have to leave and someone attacks you?
Nobody ever expects the spanis inquisition!

Xesdra

Post by Xesdra »

mushroombadger wrote:What about when you really have to leave and someone attacks you?
I reckon you should be able to leave, this isn't r00n5c4p3, PVP isn't THAT big a thing.
This post makes my post count increase by one!