PERMANENT MAP SMP IS LIVE!

Free forum for everything around the smp server not falling under other categories
Ollieboy
Trustee

PERMANENT MAP SMP IS LIVE!

Post by Ollieboy »

Your permanent map is now here at smp.fcraft.net!

Keep in mind that more work needs to be done, but we have it at a level suitable for the public! However, that means if people ask for ranks and/or plugins, you will be dragged into the nether and beaten to a pulp.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

McLaughlinKid
Anyone can have this, I don't want it.

Re: PERMANENT MAP SMP IS LIVE!

Post by McLaughlinKid »

I <3 You
11:25 PM <CMB> M1_Abrams: Beard, I wrote that you are my favorite rapper, can you rap?
11:26 PM <CMB> TheBeardmaster: i can rap on the fly, i just gotta get a li'l high, which ain't so hard, you just gotta try

JustOnePanda
OP

Post by JustOnePanda »

I agree with mclaughin, more or less :P
"a person's dream are meant to be fulfilled not crushed and these words I am typing from the 3DS are from my heart"
-SSJGoten22

Kevinsweijen
SupOP

Post by Kevinsweijen »

I 1up you, I wanna make love to Ollie! :3
3 stages of sex life in a person's lifetime: Tri-weekly, try weekly, try weakly

<PyroPyro> afk touching my self while looking at the monies

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

S! T! A, R! that's what you are!
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

cdferg
Trustee

Post by cdferg »

I want to fondle your dice afro.
doberman411: I now know that I feel a bit of relief every time the landing gear of my plane lifts off of the runway knowing that I'm one step closer to freedom.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Righto guys, incoming some time in the next week there will be a collection of guides for our server, for commands, and tutorials from the respective plugins we run for the lazy, and a brief outline of what commands are per rank. Being super-busy I obviously can't get to it straight away, but I have had a few queries in-game about what people have access to.

My To-Do list for the server right now. Just an FYI and something to remind me of what I want to do.
  • Reconfigure top end permissions and sort out a rank ladder rather than individual groups (Heirachy DOES exist, and this will stop anyone with commandbook.kick and .bans.* being able to kick and ban people above their ranks) [This is actually impossible]
  • Configure commandbook /help to actually be useful. /help at the moment is specifically for Vanilla Ops (trustees) to show moderation commands which is a bit deceiving. [in progress. Help files per plugin need to be manually written.]
  • Zone Initus more comprehensively to allow players to set up shops and purchase houses. Basically just give Initus more purpose and functionality to make it more than just a pretty spawn. [within the week]
  • When PailZones is more polished, allow users to set up their own zones. This, however, will be limited to standard permissions. They will be able to configure enter and exit messages, and then maybe supops will be able to add PvP, mob and build/destroy/interact flags. [within the fortnight]
  • More iConomy tweaks; waiting for an updated plugin to allow the charging of teleportation commands, such as /tp, /home, /spawn etc. and some other individual commands. This will allow guests to /tp also, at a cost. This will discourage the use of /tp to escape combat/just randomly teleporting to "see what people are doing". Before you ask, no I'm not sure if it will be able to be different prices for different ranks, but I can give maybe soups+ the ability to ignore the price purely for moderation, as they can rollback grief and whatnot. [within the month]
  • Gradually add more LWC options in order to have as much protection as possible while still maintaining server integrity. [Done. Everything allowed without memory leaking]
  • Add time-on-the-server info plugins to assist with ranking decisions, courtesy of Mr. Sweijen. [within the week]
  • Gradually add more fun plugins. However, server stability is key, so nobody request anything for a while. [ongoing]
  • Also before you ask, YES quests are on my to-do list, YES most of my pre-made quests are broken thanks to lightstone being my primary redstone placing block, which can now have nothing placed on it, and YES quests WILL come, however much more time is needed for the plugins required to exist, so calm your respective shit. [way down the track]
  • Add that updating map link thing again. [Done]
  • Configure kits (per ranks, cool down times etc.) [within the week]
  • Add some noob friendly /help items, and include a link to a guide on the forum somewhere about noob help. Included in this guide will also be regular people help, complete command list, a few guides to things on the server like applying for large builds, getting around, setting up a shop etc. This will be constructed with trustee help, or by myself at a later date. [within the month]
This list is subject to have more added to it and changed. Deal with it.

Desosus
SupOP

Post by Desosus »

Ollieboy wrote:Your permanent map is now here at smp.fcraft.net!

Keep in mind that more work needs to be done, but we have it at a level suitable for the public! However, that means if people ask for ranks and/or plugins, you will be dragged into the nether and beaten to a pulp.
Ooooooh, that sounds like fun. :wink: Ollie can I haz promo and many many "plugins"?
_Snivy_: is desosus a bot?

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

You will be dragged to the nether and beaten into a pulp twice.

Desosus
SupOP

Post by Desosus »

Ollieboy wrote:You will be dragged to the nether and beaten into a pulp twice.
Can you have Pyro do it?
_Snivy_: is desosus a bot?

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Desosus wrote:
Ollieboy wrote:You will be dragged to the nether and beaten into a pulp twice.
Can you have Pyro do it?
Maybe for one of the times.

Cartoonman
SupOP

Post by Cartoonman »

bout time server got live. :I

btw, Initus is looking sexy as ever. Can't wait for shoppes to be set up.
Also, an FYI for those that weren't here back in the 1.7 days, we'd really like it if you DON'T sell all those diamonds and gold and such you got from a loaded chest from a previous server map. Helps to keep inflation low, and it was also a standing order from Ollie. ;)
Ollieboy wrote:Bring things across to get you started in terms of builds, NOT in terms of money, because if you do that you will make our money worthless. Heard of inflation? Zimbabwe certainly has...just keep that in mind.
Show
00:53 hafnium: cartoon you talk too much

markiled: i just want to hump the speakers

Intertoothh
Trustee

Post by Intertoothh »

Yes, ask any trustee+ to get your chest loaded.
And remember to use /lwc on them!
McLaughlinKid wrote:You put roar on everything don't you?

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

And along with that, remember the chest names are chest_<player name in full> if people had forgotten.

Intertoothh
Trustee

Post by Intertoothh »

//load chest_<playername>
//paste

facing north i thought? to get the chest infront of you.
McLaughlinKid wrote:You put roar on everything don't you?

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Eh it was different every time. I just float up a bit and //paste.