A Minecraft Launcher

Free forum for everything around the smp server not falling under other categories
JustOnePanda
OP

A Minecraft Launcher

Post by JustOnePanda »

Hey, I'd like to share a very nice minecraft launcher I found, its called MagicLauncher. It honestly does come in handy, when installing mods such as optifine, zombe, or adventure map mods. The launcher has the option of selecting the .jar to be used, with out completely replacing the .jar itself before loading the client. There's also another option of checking off which mods are to be used, and can detect which Minecraft version you're running and if it has been modified or not.

I really like this client, but it's still in it's development stages, so if you're planning on downloading it, prepare for atleast some minor issues. Like the minecraft client from minecraft.net, it comes Minecraft news, along with Twitter updates from Notch and Jeb, Reddit, and even links to the Minecraft Wiki. Everything aside, it runs normally as if it was the normal client from minecraft.net. The only time you'll notice any difference is if you use mods that dramatically alter gameplay or something along the lines of that :P Sorry if it seems like im advertising, I'm only recommending it to those who enjoy a greater Minecrafting experience :D
"a person's dream are meant to be fulfilled not crushed and these words I am typing from the 3DS are from my heart"
-SSJGoten22

LiamRayStanley
OP

Re: A Minecraft Launcher

Post by LiamRayStanley »

This launcher is nice, really helpful. Thanks for the post :3
<+FCB>Arvarna: i think your banhammer needs a downgrade

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Remember that Zombe and other similar mods are banned on our server.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Bloody_Llama
Trustee

Post by Bloody_Llama »

It sure is useful though for keeping the latest version of Optifine running while still having a clean minecraft.jar for when you need it. It's not perfect, but in many cases it's the best solution I've found.
<FCB2> trevbev94: who made the perimid out of saind cause that is ausom
<FCB2> Pemalite+: druffin. 'cmere big boy for some lovin'