Spoutcraft

Free forum for everything around the smp server not falling under other categories
Ollieboy
Trustee

Spoutcraft

Post by Ollieboy »

Ladies and gentlemen, I am gradually adding more and more spout specific capability to the server. At this stage, the only worthwhile thing on there at the moment is NPC custom skins, however there will be more to come, and in some cases it will be required for quests.

A lot of you are reluctant to install it, and I understand that as it has gained a bit of bad reputation over the last few months, however it has since become better, more stable, and more useful. You will remember how much I hated the idea of Spoutcraft, but I have now been using it for over a month and not run into any problems.

It offers improved chat management, lots more graphical options, convenient macros, and more importantly access to an API that plugin developers use to offer things like custom user interfaces, custom events, custom items and more! It will never be required for use on the server, but you will miss out on things like certain quest lines and the like if you don't have it. It pays to get used to it now before I load the server up with Spout capabilities.

Now, to get it, visit the following link and download the .exe. http://dev.bukkit.org/client-mods/spoutcraft/

It will then download a fresh minecraft.jar so if you already have a modded and tweaked one, it will leave it alone, don't worry, and then it will pull down everything you need. The default configuration of it is a little bit shit for my tastes, so you will likely have to fiddle around the the options to get it right.

Remember that you don't have to always use it or anything, but it is worth picking it up as it will extend capability on the server.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Xesdra

Re: Spoutcraft

Post by Xesdra »

It takes longer to load :rage:
This post makes my post count increase by one!