SMP Announcement

Free forum for everything around the smp server not falling under other categories
Hafnium
Owner

SMP Announcement

Post by Hafnium »

With the release of 1.8, Notch will be adding many new map features.
Oooooh
Aaaahhh
Yaaaay
After the release of 1.8, we'll go to a temp map for two weeks while you guys try out the new features, Notch irons out his inevitable bugs, and I figure out how to reconcile the features and our plugins.

After the two weeks, we will generate a new map which will become our permanent map. The map we are running now will be archived, and some builds may be copied over. We will not be copying over everyone's build, but rather builds that are of high quality. We will not be copying cities. We will not be copying underground builds. We will not be copying builds that require the inclusion of large amounts of terrain.

This is, unfortunately, not up for discussion.

BukkitContrib

Most of you will have noticed a periodic warning in chat about a client side mod, BukkitContrib. BukkitContrib allows plugin authors to add much more functionality to their plugins. At the moment, this is limited to capes, NPC skins, titles, etc, but will expand as the mod develops to include pop-up interfaces and even custom blocks.

At the moment, we are not running any plugins that require our users to have BukkitContrib, but this will change. Eventually, you will need this mod to play on our server. I'm wary of required downloads outside of the game, but the lack of a method by which the server can give the client content in a game modded as heavily as this is crippling. Until Notch builds this functionality in, BukkitContrib is our answer.

LWC

I'm sorry for the unreliable chest protection of late. I'm in contact with the LWC dev and we're straightening out the memory leak issues.
The first law of thermodynamics states that you don't discuss thermodynamics.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Re: SMP Announcement

Post by Ollieboy »

Extra note: Don't ask "zomg wen does 1.8 come out i wana plaaaay alreddy!!" Because there is no confirmed or even HINTED release date.
Hafnium wrote:We will not be copying underground builds.
I'll copy my spawn quest myself then! :P
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

CodyLewis

Post by CodyLewis »

Ollieboy wrote:there is no confirmed or even HINTED release date.P
I beg to differ, Notch said it will first be revealed at PAX, and released within the following days of that, PAX is on like August 26th or the 28th, so I'm guessing the release will be at the end of August.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Then you have done more research than I! (Quick Google search)
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

CodyLewis

Post by CodyLewis »

haha well i dont have google plus so i gotta look for all the stuff Notch release about 1.8 on review websites

stayster
OP

Post by stayster »

Thats going to be a epic 1.8, im sure we'll have fun then if it comes. :happycreeper: :pig:
Umm ummm umm, wait a moment

If you want to fly, fuck a duck and try to fly ^_^

Who reads that sign is an idiot :D!