Scammed in SMP, unusure if anything can be done

Free forum for everything around the smp server not falling under other categories
Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Re: Scammed in SMP, unusure if anything can be done

Post by Sanjar Khan »

So all you wanted was a hug. Alright.
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

DreamingInsane
Owner

Post by DreamingInsane »

Sanjar Khan wrote:So all you wanted was a hug. Alright.
and cake.
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.."
~ Edgar Allan Poe

Nizet
OP

Post by Nizet »

It's evidently something you don't receive often. Sad that you can't handle the thread being ended on a good note or you just dislike me. (Most likely the latter for reasons I do understand but won't bother to mention)
“I love argument, I love debate. I don't expect anyone just to sit there and agree with me, that's not their job.”

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Any thread opened on this forum is completely subject to our ridiculous forum rape, unless it is an appeal or in fCraft server software. It's nothing personal, but we have sad lives and need to vent about it somewhere.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Nizet
OP

Post by Nizet »

Ridiculous forum rape? So far, I haven't seen this much rape on any other thread but mine.

Nothing personal? That was as hateful as a reply by a SupOP could get without all the vulgarity. It was also supported by another SupOP. Frankly, I couldn't care less about what you do in your personal lives (mainly directed to those that have replied offensively) so instead of bashing at me due to the lack of affection you get in the real world, why don't you vent to some fellow SupOP's/Trustee's since they're the ones that want to handle all that negativity you bring.
“I love argument, I love debate. I don't expect anyone just to sit there and agree with me, that's not their job.”

DreamingInsane
Owner

Post by DreamingInsane »

Well excuse us for trying to help. Not our fault we have a different perspective about pixel money.
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.."
~ Edgar Allan Poe

Nizet
OP

Post by Nizet »

Trying to help? Hahahahaha

Re-read your replies and tell me if they were any help towards the situation. If they were this conversation wouldn't be happening and the matter would have been settled.

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

Nizet wrote:Trying to help? Hahahahaha

Re-read your replies and tell me if they were any help towards the situation. If they were this conversation wouldn't be happening and the matter would have been settled.
Actually they did help. They're trying to get you to see that it's just a game, it's fake money, and its entirely your fault. So you didnt get as much as he did. Tough cookies, now you know for next time. If you don't like us that much go to a different server.

DreamingInsane
Owner

Post by DreamingInsane »

Nizet wrote:Trying to help? Hahahahaha

I'm tempted to ban and demote you for remarks. You came to seek help and a solution, kattoo offered a solution yet you're still being a bitch about it.

Like bob stated, If you dislike so much about our ways, maybe fCraft is not the place for you.
~ Edgar Allan Poe

Nizet
OP

Post by Nizet »

I am only treating you how you have treated me. Yes, a solution was offered and I have dealt with it. That was when the thread had ended but it was you SupOP's that continued the "bitching" not me. Did you not?

It's true I don't like some of the players in this community and some of the ones that lead it but I am fond of the others.
Actually they did help. They're trying to get you to see that it's just a game, it's fake money, and its entirely your fault. So you didnt get as much as he did. Tough cookies, now you know for next time. If you don't like us that much go to a different server.
My response to this can be found in past replies. Please don't bring up things that have already been discussed.

KingCrab

Post by KingCrab »

Basically to sum it up to a degree:

We do care about the issue. It's just there was nothing wrong done here. YOU gave him the price in which he accepted. Quite honestly, it is your fault for not asking around or doing some research on the prices before selling it. I won't stand for the moderators being blamed for carelessness on your part. Do your research next time, THEN sell.
<+FCB1> 05+Pemalite: all the fcraft chicks reject me except element

13:04 + FCB2 │ +Pemalite: craaaaab
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: no
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: ill give yout the best loving ou ever ad crab

Nizet
OP

Post by Nizet »

Please explain the attitudes expressed in the replies given by the moderators.

Now I am being threatened with demote and ban for just expressing my own thoughts.

It seems moderators are allowed to disrespect anyone they want while those they disrespect can't do anything but get humiliated. Look at the evidence, who is the true victim of being bashed? Me or the moderators? All of my offensive replies were retaliations, never were they the start of a battle.
KingCrab wrote: We do care about the issue. It's just there was nothing wrong done here. YOU gave him the price in which he accepted. Quite honestly, it is your fault for not asking around or doing some research on the prices before selling it. I won't stand for the moderators being blamed for carelessness on your part. Do your research next time, THEN sell.
I'm not saying all the moderators didn't care. A select few did and they have helped me understand the whole situation. The matter has long been settled and there was no need for you to bring it back up. The subject has since changed.

There were moderators that didn't care and you know it. It's clear as day. I don't know why they even bothered to reply to this when their intention was definitely not to help me but to harass me.

Desosus
SupOP

Post by Desosus »

We started off by telling you that you weren't scammed, that you agreed to a certain offer and when you found out you accepted a bad deal, that you regretted it. Regret does not mean that it was a scam. We pointed this out to you and you started accusing us of favouring him because he donates. For the record, I have no idea if he does or not. I don't even know who he is.

Several of us have informed you that you were not scammed, that you were a victim of your own ignorance.

But if you disrespect me by saying that i'm favouring one player over another just because one donates to a server (in which I have no financial interest), then I will disrespect you right back.

I honestly do not know what you hoped to accomplish with this. Did you want your money back? Did you want your diamond back? Did you want us to ban another player for getting a good deal? Did you just want to vent your frustration at accepting a bad deal?

And contrary to your diatribe, we do care. If we didn't care, we wouldn't spend hours and hours helping people out by volunteering on the server. You were informed by several of us that you were incorrect and that you were not scammed. And yet you continued to assert that we owed you something or that we were not being very helpful.
_Snivy_: is desosus a bot?

Nizet
OP

Post by Nizet »

I find that it was a scam/trick/swindle. These occur when the victim doesn't know the actual price of the product they are selling then end up selling it for a price much lower. In my case, I was tricked into thinking that diamonds were not more than 1000 aurei. I was scammed because he knew the average price and I didn't. This might not be an example of scamming in the real world but from my experience in playing many, many games, this is considered scamming in games such as this.

That's fine by me if you wish to disrespect me for disrespecting you. It's fair and I just don't understand why it is not allowed to work vice-versa. Why can't I disrespect you for disrespecting me? (Re-read replies to understand why I'm asking this)

To be frank, I was uneasy about posting this. My goal from doing so was to see what could be done, if anyone cared, and most importantly, if scamming is allowed/supported.

Are you telling me that every reply by the moderators were caring? I know some of you do care but you have avoided my point about the moderators that don't. I know the moderators are volunteering on the server and I do respect that but it might be better for the server if some of them don't. (Not meant to be taking too offensively) I do stand by my statement (and will continue to) that some moderators were not being helpful and the evidence is clearly there if you disagree.

Desosus
SupOP

Post by Desosus »

Nizet wrote:I find that it was a scam/trick/swindle.
Simply put, you're wrong.

Nizet wrote:These occur when the victim doesn't know the actual price of the product they are selling then end up selling it for a price much lower. In my case, I was tricked into thinking that diamonds were not more than 1000 aurei. I was scammed because he knew the average price and I didn't.
It was YOU that didn't know their full value. YOU made a bad choice.
Nizet wrote:That's fine by me if you wish to disrespect me for disrespecting you. It's fair and I just don't understand why it is not allowed to work vice-versa. Why can't I disrespect you for disrespecting me? (Re-read replies to understand why I'm asking this)
You were the one to take the first shot by implying we play favourites.
Nizet wrote:To be frank, I was uneasy about posting this. My goal from doing so was to see what could be done, if anyone cared, and most importantly, if scamming is allowed/supported.
And yet when we informed you that it wasn't scamming as we see it, you didn't accept that, you continued to harp on about it not being fair. If you want a server with different rules, I suggest you go find one.
Nizet wrote:Are you telling me that every reply by the moderators were caring? I know some of you do care but you have avoided my point about the moderators that don't. I know the moderators are volunteering on the server and I do respect that but it might be better for the server if some of them don't. (Not meant to be taking too offensively) I do stand by my statement (and will continue to) that some moderators were not being helpful and the evidence is clearly there if you disagree.
Firstly, you can't say something offensive and then say "not to be taken offensively". It doesn't work that way.

Secondly, I STILL don't get what you wanted. Did you want us to hold your hand and cry? You're not taking on board anything we've said. YOU. WERE. NOT. SCAMMED.

If you disagree, tough. You don't like it, you can find yourself another server. We're not going to change our stance just because you keep repeating "I didn't know the price so I sold it to the first person who made me an offer because I wasn't wise enough to check to see what it was actually worth.".

And for your information, I have played many MANY online multiplayer games. None of them would ever consider this scenario to be a scam.

You put something in the auction house in world of warcraft up at 10,000 gold, when its only worth 5 gold. If someone buys that and then claims it was a scam, the entire server would laugh at you.

I'm just going to say this one more time and then I'm done with this thread because honestly, you're getting on my nerves a little bit.

You were a victim of your own ignorance. It's your own fault. I'm done.
_Snivy_: is desosus a bot?

Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

Post by Lim-Dul »

Holy shitz - I can't believe this discussion is still going on. ;-)
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell

DreamingInsane
Owner

Post by DreamingInsane »

Lim-Dul wrote:Holy shitz - I can't believe this discussion is still going on. ;-)
It's not even close to an ending. :roll:
~ Edgar Allan Poe

KingCrab

Post by KingCrab »

From Dictionary.com:
Scam-to swindle (someone) by means of a trick

This was by no means a trick. Nuff said on that.

Everything else about why we defended ourselves and other subjects on the matter have already been said by Desosus. :B

I will try to end it by saying that no punishment will be enforced on anyone for a good deal. Nor, will you be getting compensated for the sale. End of discussion 8)

Tencivanni

Post by Tencivanni »

Nizet was about to grief the whole server? Just as I was finishing the tunnel I've been working on for a week? I think we gotta keep him outta Indierock... I guess KingCrab's impenetrable fort is useful after all.

Nizet
OP

Post by Nizet »

Simply put, you're wrong.
That's your opinion.
It was YOU that didn't know their full value. YOU made a bad choice.
Thanks for repeating what others have already said, my response is in past replies.
You were the one to take the first shot by implying we play favourites.
This wasn't meant to be offensive or disrespectful but just an assumed reason (which I regret saying) of why moderators gave the responses they did.
Firstly, you can't say something offensive and then say "not to be taken offensively". It doesn't work that way.
Read what I wrote carefully. I said not to be taken TOO offensively. Amazing how one word can change the meaning of things.
And yet when we informed you that it wasn't scamming as we see it, you didn't accept that, you continued to harp on about it not being fair. If you want a server with different rules, I suggest you go find one.

And for your information, I have played many MANY online multiplayer games. None of them would ever consider this scenario to be a scam.

You put something in the auction house in world of warcraft up at 10,000 gold, when its only worth 5 gold. If someone buys that and then claims it was a scam, the entire server would laugh at you.
Is what I say oblivious to you? He told me it was no more than 1000 aurei. I didn't run around saying diamonds for sale 850. People learn the prices of items from other people. I trusted this guy when he said how much it was worth. Your scenario is totally different.

Never said anything was wrong with the rules. Why are all the moderators making assumptions against me? I have already explained why I enjoy this server.
Secondly, I STILL don't get what you wanted. Did you want us to hold your hand and cry? You're not taking on board anything we've said. YOU. WERE. NOT. SCAMMED.
You quoted me explaining what I wanted from posting yet you say I didn't explain it? I'm really confused. Here is what I wanted (repeated): My goal from doing so was to see what could be done, if anyone cared, and most importantly, if scamming is allowed/supported.
Holy shitz - I can't believe this discussion is still going on. ;-)

It's not even close to an ending. :roll:
You can blame that on Sanjar Khan with his extremely hateful reply after the discussion was already done for.
From Dictionary.com:
Scam-to swindle (someone) by means of a trick

This was by no means a trick. Nuff said on that.

Everything else about why we defended ourselves and other subjects on the matter have already been said by Desosus. :B

I will try to end it by saying that no punishment will be enforced on anyone for a good deal. Nor, will you be getting compensated for the sale. End of discussion 8)
Actually, it was. (Explanation in past replies)

Defending yourself? It looks to me you are just supporting and/or backing up the hate expressed here. The only one doing the defending is me.

I have dealt with the offered compensation and have already realized that nothing will be done, thank you.
Nizet was about to grief the whole server? Just as I was finishing the tunnel I've been working on for a week? I think we gotta keep him outta Indierock... I guess KingCrab's impenetrable fort is useful after all.
That rage has long cooled off. Restricting me from areas won't be necessary.
honestly, you're getting on my nerves a little bit.
It seems you're not the only one whose buttons I have pushed. I will continue to play on this server because it is much better than the others I have tried. (Haters are :x ) If you feel my presence affects you and your normal chatting behavior, you can tell me in private so that I know to log off when you're on. (I do enjoy being the bigger person)

Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

Post by Lim-Dul »

Man, I want to troll this thread so badly... But then I'd have to read through all the posts to even get an idea about what's going on... Hmmm...

I KNOW!

War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell

Nizet
OP

Post by Nizet »

Shall we begin?

DreamingInsane
Owner

Post by DreamingInsane »

I've been thinking, Why have you not, at any point of this trolling spree, talked to Mr.PleaseUnBanMe about this?
~ Edgar Allan Poe

Nizet
OP

Post by Nizet »

DreamingInsane wrote:I've been thinking, Why have you not, at any point of this trolling spree, talked to Mr.PleaseUnBanMe about this?
I already have. There is no reason why he can't post here. I'm assuming he has been following this as a guest for some time.

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

Nizet wrote:“I love argument, I love debate. I don't expect anyone just to sit there and agree with me, that's not their job.”
Your signature is a little hypocritical isnt it? :P

Nizet
OP

Post by Nizet »

I don't believe it is. Care to explain why you think so?

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

I was being facetious but you said "I don't expect anyone just to sit there and agree with me" and we're not agreeing with you, so dont get mad :)

Nizet
OP

Post by Nizet »

It's a quote which you evidently don't understand. The part where it says "I don't expect anyone just to sit there and agree with me" has a hidden meaning saying that although my end goal is to have everyone on my side, I would much rather gain their support from arguing with them than to have them support me without an argument.

kattoo
Trustee

Post by kattoo »

Nizet, you're going nowhere with this thread. Accept that people are not going to see your point here. I actually don't see your point either. You should have asked around, as I pointed out and it is your own fault that you accepted the deal. Yes. It was unfair. No. We are not going to do anything about it. Pleaseunbanme was just being a capitalist pig, but from what I know, we're more than fine with it, because it adds realism to the economy and to the SMP experience. Again, I'm offering you the money I earned with my time spent on the server as a form of compensation and that's as much as you're going to get. I would strongly advise you to just take it, get over it and, as I said before, be less hasty and trusting next time.

PS. If you got 'scammed' in a PC Game so easily, you should REALLY watch out IRL.

Now, is it ok to close this thread, Nizet?
I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon

KingCrab

Post by KingCrab »

Tencivanni wrote: I guess KingCrab's impenetrable fort is useful after all.
hehe, What if I told you that what you see now is merely an inner wall, and that there is going to be an entire outer section. Mswishe7 and I just didn't have enough time to build it all because of the map going to be wiped with 1.8. We wanted to make the inner wall and make it pretty so it'll get moved and we can continue with our project. :D
kattoo wrote: Now, is it ok to close this thread, Nizet?
Lock her up kattoo
Last edited by KingCrab on August 8th, 2011, 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.