SMP, the grandest of plans

Free forum for everything around the smp server not falling under other categories
stkal

Re: SMP, the grandest of plans

Post by stkal »

here's a crazy thought:

What about a fairly large build at or near spawn that looks like a post-bombing city (holes in the walls, buildings without roofs, that sort of thing) that is where pvp goes down?

I admit that sometimes I like to chop some heads for no reason at all, but when I'm in the middle of gathering/returning from a dungeon crawl, getting shanked is the absolute last thing I need to happen.

Also, I've seen servers where pvp is on full-course in the nether, which I absolutely LOVE. The nether is a dangerous place, and some enemies are smarter than others....

Basically I just think, whether as a player or as staff, that worldwide pvp with the occasional exception of cities will be A: too much trouble an whining and B: not likely that people will obey the rules in pvp-free cities. ("Your rules said this was a pvp server though!" comes to mind.)

I think the reverse should be the case - have specific areas where pvp *IS* allowed, and go from there.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

PvP will be allowed and people who want to have a cry can be directed to the rules. If they still whine they can be directed to my testicles.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

prototypedesign
SupOP

Post by prototypedesign »

If we get issues with people pvp'ing in designated safe areas, we just murder 'em with console commands to see how they like it, and if they continue they get kicks/bans.

FreeBro
Trustee

Post by FreeBro »

prototypedesign wrote:we just murder 'em with console commands to see how they like it, and if they continue they get kicks/bans.
prototype i like you more every day
ollieboy: everyone here is a shrimpy nerd, you can take us.

[23:13] <SMB> nuclearwaffle121 I just swam across the entire ocean
[23:13] <SMB> nuclearwaffle121 drowned
[23:13] <SMB> nuclearwaffle121 WELP

prototypedesign
SupOP

Post by prototypedesign »

Who doesn't?

tomsplz3
SupOP

Post by tomsplz3 »

stkal wrote:here's a crazy thought:

What about a fairly large build at or near spawn that looks like a post-bombing city (holes in the walls, buildings without roofs, that sort of thing) that is where pvp goes down?

I admit that sometimes I like to chop some heads for no reason at all, but when I'm in the middle of gathering/returning from a dungeon crawl, getting shanked is the absolute last thing I need to happen.

Also, I've seen servers where pvp is on full-course in the nether, which I absolutely LOVE. The nether is a dangerous place, and some enemies are smarter than others....

Basically I just think, whether as a player or as staff, that worldwide pvp with the occasional exception of cities will be A: too much trouble an whining and B: not likely that people will obey the rules in pvp-free cities. ("Your rules said this was a pvp server though!" comes to mind.)

I think the reverse should be the case - have specific areas where pvp *IS* allowed, and go from there.

i love the idea of pvp in nether.... lava can be a pain tho lol

Hit-Girl
Trustee

Post by Hit-Girl »

There will be options for people whom don't like PvP, very soon we'll also be seeing some new PvP based rules as to what is acceptable & things that are not.
<SMB> pen23: Hit you are so mean and pathetic and a liar and you're ugly and fat

McLaughlinKid
Anyone can have this, I don't want it.

Post by McLaughlinKid »

We should try and get a cmnd that turns it on and off. I seen a different server that had it. Cmnd is /pvp on it's off by default. Then to turn it off /pvp off. Just an idea.
11:25 PM <CMB> M1_Abrams: Beard, I wrote that you are my favorite rapper, can you rap?
11:26 PM <CMB> TheBeardmaster: i can rap on the fly, i just gotta get a li'l high, which ain't so hard, you just gotta try

Hit-Girl
Trustee

Post by Hit-Girl »

McLaughlinKid wrote:We should try and get a cmnd that turns it on and off. I seen a different server that had it. Cmnd is /pvp on it's off by default. Then to turn it off /pvp off. Just an idea.
That is do-able, although I personally *hope* it doesn't have to come to this, and that we get a better system sorted out.
<SMB> pen23: Hit you are so mean and pathetic and a liar and you're ugly and fat

McLaughlinKid

Post by McLaughlinKid »

It was just an idea. Hopefully like you said it won't have to come to this. Also we should try and get a money system and have a virtual shop. Also if we put a sign saying NO PVP and we fence off an area does that count?
11:25 PM <CMB> M1_Abrams: Beard, I wrote that you are my favorite rapper, can you rap?
11:26 PM <CMB> TheBeardmaster: i can rap on the fly, i just gotta get a li'l high, which ain't so hard, you just gotta try

Hit-Girl
Trustee

Post by Hit-Girl »

McLaughlinKid wrote:It was just an idea. Hopefully like you said it won't have to come to this. Also we should try and get a money system and have a virtual shop. Also if we put a sign saying NO PVP and we fence off an area does that count?
People shouldn't be PvP'ing in anyone's house, unless they've said otherwise; so if you make the fence'd off area part of your home, you shouldn't have any worries about PvP.
Also, we plan to have a fully functional economy, but this greatly depends on what plugins are available. Not only that, there's been talk of Notch adding a currency system, so we shall wait and see.

McLaughlinKid

Post by McLaughlinKid »

Ohh ok cool. And it is a sign over a closed door. It's near spawn it has cobble around it so it's grief if they go in. I was thinking about fencing it off though so thx.

JustOnePanda
OP

Post by JustOnePanda »

I honestly don't mind PvP, it adds to the excitement of playing minecraft lol but still a city protected from PvP would be nice, so people could gather materials and prepare themselves for PvP :happyskeleton:

And I also like that nether pvp idea, seems epic, especially now that they have netherbrick, sounds like the time for some awesome arenas in hell :happycreeper:
"a person's dream are meant to be fulfilled not crushed and these words I am typing from the 3DS are from my heart"
-SSJGoten22

KingCrab

Post by KingCrab »

Maybe a certain distance away from spawn that turns pvp on when you walk past it (if thats possible). That way, people who dont want to do pvp can build near spawn (and still risk getting stolen from) and those who want pvp can build further out. Basically like runescape :3. Although this distance shouldnt be HUGE. It would also be neat if there was a way players could turn pvp off in a designated area around their house. Such as within 15 blocks or so. I know the War of Nations has something similiar with taking permissions from anyone but the OPs to be able to build in that area.

Shown at 1:25

<+FCB1> 05+Pemalite: all the fcraft chicks reject me except element

13:04 + FCB2 │ +Pemalite: craaaaab
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: no
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: ill give yout the best loving ou ever ad crab

Kittle
OP

Post by Kittle »

I'm playing on a PVP server sometimes and people can request a staff to zone their house, where PVP is turned off and creepers don't blow up. I think it'd be a good idea here too.

Hit-Girl
Trustee

Post by Hit-Girl »

I think our inital idea was that we would allow players to choose whether or not they want PvP ON/OFF in their own cities.
As for zoning of other areas this may be a purchaseable thing, by paying in-game money, this would also give an extra use to having an economy.

EnderMan72

Post by EnderMan72 »

Does fCraft server software ever be downloadobel? sorry my english is not so good ! :D

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

It is downloadable, but why would you pick THIS thread to post that in?

Also, might as well update the situation while I am here.

The server will be Vanilla for a week. Hopefully, in that time, all our plugins will be out and we'll be ready to go, but if this doesn't happen, just deal with it. I will be setting a shell of a server up locally as the plugins come out and getting them all set up, but everyone is busy so deal with it. We'll consider putting a few on the live server as they come but probably not. Deal with it. This is also a temporary map again so don't build anything you'll miss. Chests will NOT be able to be copied on this map.

EnderMan72

Post by EnderMan72 »

i mean fCraft beta software sorry xD

KingCrab

Post by KingCrab »

EnderMan72 wrote:i mean fCraft beta software sorry xD
fCraft is purely a Minecraft classic server software. We run bukkit on our SMP server.

Indiiee

Post by Indiiee »

I miss you guys, cant wait for a perm map and to get started again.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Indiiee you sexual motherfucker. PM me on the forums your alternate contact details so we can sort out Indierock when we get a bukkit/worldedit update up in this bitch.

KingCrab

Post by KingCrab »

Aye, PM me as well. Needed to talk to you about a few things

Smokeybacon
Trustee

Post by Smokeybacon »

PM me as well, I am having genitalia-related problems
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: my dad is an arkansas goveren
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and iwe are suing skittles
[02:29] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and we may file a lawsuit against fcraft

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Smokeybacon wrote:PM me as well, I am having genitalia-related problems
Are you using the home-made cream a sent you? If so...you should probably stop. It's laced with herpes clusters.

Indiiee

Post by Indiiee »

I think i got ahold of everyone but bacon lol, and is smp down right now?

mcg

Post by mcg »

Indiiee wrote:I think i got ahold of everyone but bacon lol, and is smp down right now?
Seems to be, I'm having issues getting on as well. Server is probably dfm or something.

McG.
/lengthypost

jonathan3880

Post by jonathan3880 »

It is very nice plans you have mentioned here. Keep it up.