It is currently July 23rd, 2018, 12:07 am


All times are UTC




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Admin Grief.
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2011, 1:46 am 
User avatar

Joined: September 8th, 2011, 1:32 am
Posts: 24
There will probably be some foul language in here because I'm pissed off.


So I've been playing around on the SMP server now for awhile since, let's face it, there are more options for building materials and it's where minecraft is headed, so I may as well get used to it. I don't ask for creative mode though, because if I've never had it then I can't be accused of abusing it. I also hope one day to get a rank high enough to toggle it on and off myself.

That being said, I've built a couple of bridges on the current (temporary!) server with the intention of connecting one of my builds with spawn by railcart, and that build to another by a very long footbridge. The rail bridge is, I admit, a bit of an eyesore at the moment because I don't have enough stone to finish the build, and I'm still working in single-player to figure out exactly how I want it to look and act.

One of the ops decided to mention this (Sennec, it seems.) and told me I should do something with the build, I agreed, and went on about my merry way.

I then built another bridge (the aforementioned foot bridge) out of glass. Anyone on SMP will tell you that building with glass in survival mode is a bitch. It took me hours to gather the sand and coal, then 3 or 4 hours more of letting a dozen furnaces run simultaneously. Then there was the actual building of the thing, stretching from around X= -3000 to x= -900. (About 2000 blocks). The structure was a 1x1 bridge, and that was all I could manage before I needed sleep and some class.

I come back today, and it's fucking gone. Every glass block disappeared with nary but a sign saying "don't build any more 1x1 bridges", and I don't have the permission to take the fucking sign down. It's sitting right on the front damned porch and there's nothing I can do about it.

Now I realize that these 2 bridges were in the way, but the one stretching from -900 to -3000 was out in the middle of NO-FUCKING-WHERE. You have to walk for a solid 10 minutes just to GET to -900, and that's exactly why I chose it to start building.


I don't care if he's an admin or not, that was a build-in-progress. and should not have been removed. Also, the LEAST he could have done was drop a couple of chests with the glass blocks inside so that I didn't lose ALL THAT TIME.

Now I know you've all got each others' backs and that admin can't possibly do anything wrong, but had a guest or a builder or even a vet done this, it would've meant a demotion and a kick.


Last edited by stkal on October 5th, 2011, 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Admin Grief.
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2011, 1:54 am 
Owner
User avatar

Joined: May 24th, 2011, 12:05 am
Posts: 1301
Location: California, US
Bro, It's a temp map.
There will be assholes. Don't concentrate on building large right now. Save that for the map that's to come once the owners/trustees come to an agreement on when the permanent map will happen.

for now, just chill out and explore the 1.8.
I understand your rage and all, but really, its a temp map.

Grief will be treated the same way if that person is caught. They will be banned.
I doubt any admin would of deleted it. If so, I expect them to apologize or something. 'cuz that's just hard on retarded to be griefing with commands or whatever on a temp server.

They would be doing something rather productive than that.

_________________
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.."
~ Edgar Allan Poe


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Admin Grief.
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2011, 2:11 am 
The Necromancer
User avatar

Joined: May 21st, 2011, 10:21 pm
Posts: 661
I would still like to know who did it because being a dick on a temporary map usually means you're a dick in general.

_________________
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Admin Grief.
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2011, 2:40 am 
SupOP
User avatar

Joined: June 12th, 2011, 1:09 am
Posts: 419
Location: California, United States
I will admit, I contributed to destroying it but NOT with the intentions of just being a plain outright dick. If the others would like to step forward, they can. The reason I contributed to destroying it along with the others was because I figured it was just some random glass line someone placed and I am sure that was what the others assumed as well. I apologize stkal, I will gladly help you rebuild whatever i've destroyed. I definately am wrong for this, but I had 0 intentions of griefing.

_________________
We do what we must, because we can.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Admin Grief.
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2011, 7:31 am 
User avatar

Joined: September 8th, 2011, 1:32 am
Posts: 24
Dreaming I appreciate and understand what you're saying, and I totally agree. I build big because it's just what I do.

The problem isn't that it was deleted, the problem is that it was an admin. There was no mistaking that it was an admin/trustee/whatever because they left a SIGN on my front damn doorstep that I, as a non-admin, couldn't remove. It was also signed "gtz:admin".

Pyro has since gotten on and informed me that apparently building such a thing is griefing.

Soo... building a(n) (admittedly massive) bridge between my two out of the way builds is griefing, but taking the structure down without notifying the builder isn't?

Funny, Dankirk says the opposite.


Also, the fact that it's a temp map is what bothers me. Why take the time to destroy it when the map's gonna be deleted in a few days anyway?


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Admin Grief.
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2011, 1:55 pm 
Owner
User avatar

Joined: May 24th, 2011, 12:05 am
Posts: 1301
Location: California, US
They have nothing better to do unfortunately.

_________________
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.."
~ Edgar Allan Poe


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Admin Grief.
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2011, 2:04 pm 
OP
User avatar

Joined: August 17th, 2011, 8:56 pm
Posts: 158
I remember that!

Show
[11:14] <+SVB> (intertoothh) who made the glass bridge?
[11:14] <+SVB> (Helio_) Oh lawd
[11:14] <+SVB> (lucky_pierre) 9999? good god
[11:15] <+SVB> (PyroPyro) this bridge makes me sad
[11:15] <+SVB> (intertoothh) same
[11:15] <+SVB> (intertoothh) its ugly
[11:15] <+SVB> (sennec) wtf
[11:15] <+SVB> (PyroPyro) remove it
[11:15] <+SVB> (sennec) another shit bridge?
[11:15] <+SVB> (sennec) this one's going
[11:15] <+SVB> (intertoothh) okies
[11:16] <+SVB> (_Kittle_) you can build it
[11:16] <+SVB> (intertoothh) darn it goes on for ever
[11:17] <+SVB> (sennec) who the fuck made this anyway?
[11:17] <+SVB> (PyroPyro) how long is this crap ._.
[11:17] <+SVB> (sennec) oh god
[11:17] <+SVB> (sennec) will it ever STOP!?
[11:17] <+SVB> (lucky_pierre) there's a (flying) house at the end of it
[11:17] <+SVB> (sennec) if i find out who made this glass shit
[11:17] <+SVB> (PyroPyro) NEVER ENDING BRIDGE
[11:17] <+SVB> (sennec) oh god
[11:17] <+SVB> (sennec) thats stkal's house
[11:18] <+SVB> (sennec) probably he built this glass bridge too
[11:18] <+SVB> (sennec) he built another shitty stonebridge before
[11:18] <+SVB> (intertoothh) how did het get all this glass
[11:18] <+SVB> (PyroPyro) this end is done
[11:18] <+SVB> (sennec) i guess someone gave him creative
[11:18] <+SVB> (lucky_pierre) yeah, there's a cobble/cart bridge on the other side too
[11:18] <+SVB> (sennec) yup
[11:18] <+SVB> (sennec) look pyro
[11:18] <+SVB> (sennec) another eyesore
[11:18] <+SVB> (sennec) also by stkal
[11:19] <+SVB> (sennec) wtf
[11:19] <+SVB> (sennec) there's more?
[11:19] <+SVB> (sennec) there's nothing to see james
[11:19] <+SVB> (sennec) its just a glass bridge
[11:19] <+SVB> (sennec) seriously...?
[11:19] <+SVB> (intertoothh) ffs
[11:19] <+SVB> (sennec) this goes on forever
[11:20] <+SVB> (sennec) ok
[11:20] <+SVB> (sennec) so here
[11:20] <+SVB> (sennec) this thing
[11:20] <+SVB> (intertoothh) where is worldedit when you need it
[11:20] <+SVB> (sennec) if we see who's building on this
[11:20] <+SVB> (sennec) ah wait
[11:20] <+SVB> (sennec) i remember
[11:20] <+SVB> (sennec) i remember a guy working on this
[11:20] <+SVB> (sennec) but i cant remember his name
[11:21] <+SVB> (lucky_pierre) this is also stk
[11:21] <+SVB> (PyroPyro) OH GOD ITS DONE
[11:21] <+SVB> (sennec) you sure pierre?
[11:21] <+SVB> (PyroPyro) i cant feel my finger
[11:21] <+SVB> (lucky_pierre) yeah, this is where he was when I blew him up :P
[11:21] <+SVB> (barrowboyjames) Hmmm...
[11:21] <+SVB> (sennec) k
[11:21] <+SVB> (sennec) soooo
[11:21] <+SVB> (PyroPyro) soooo
[11:21] <+SVB> (sennec) he built 3 friggin useless bridges
[11:21] <+SVB> (intertoothh) posted a sign
[11:21] <+SVB> (lucky_pierre) someone should have a word and/or remove his creative
[11:21] <+SVB> (sennec) after we already told him to tear the first one down
[11:22] <+SVB> (sennec) yes definitely, I didnt know he was even in creative
[11:22] <+SVB> (intertoothh) wtf?
[11:22] <+SVB> (PyroPyro) actcool
[11:22] <+SVB> (sennec) kat probably gave it to him?
[11:23] <+SVB> (PyroPyro) this glass bridge gave me finger cancer.


You're welcome!


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Admin Grief.
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2011, 2:24 pm 
Trustee
User avatar

Joined: May 24th, 2011, 2:11 am
Posts: 484
You didn't even have creative mode...

Why take down builds that people make on a temp map? Even if it's an "eye sore". We don't remove shitty builds on FB...

_________________
doberman411: I now know that I feel a bit of relief every time the landing gear of my plane lifts off of the runway knowing that I'm one step closer to freedom.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Admin Grief.
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2011, 2:32 pm 
SupOP
User avatar

Joined: May 24th, 2011, 1:02 am
Posts: 250
Location: California, US
I was also a part of this. To us we saw line of glass across the sky that stretched on of ages that led to a large floating build. When we saw this it gave us the impression that whoever built it was using (and abusing) creative mode to make this massive thing, which was an eyesore.

As Pyro said, defacing a map is grief, but it was wrong of us to make the assumption you were on creative, and we shouldn't have taken down your bridge.

All apologies,
Pierre

EDIT: Kittle posted his response before I finished mine. Well, there you go.

_________________
piss 2017


Last edited by lucky_pierre on September 24th, 2011, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Admin Grief.
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2011, 2:36 pm 
Trustee

Joined: August 10th, 2011, 12:30 pm
Posts: 169
i say lets all help stkal to rebuild it that will teach them

_________________
ollieboy: everyone here is a shrimpy nerd, you can take us.

[23:13] <SMB> nuclearwaffle121 I just swam across the entire ocean
[23:13] <SMB> nuclearwaffle121 drowned
[23:13] <SMB> nuclearwaffle121 WELP


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Admin Grief.
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2011, 5:01 pm 
User avatar

Joined: May 25th, 2011, 4:00 pm
Posts: 381
Location: #fCraft
Suddenly...
:glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass: :glass:

It was too big and usless. it just occupies space that others can use (and did use). Its like horizontal pillaring... I know its a temp map but that doesnt mean it needs to be a mess. I NEVER wuld remove a building that i dont like, but that wasnt a building it was a 1 block pillar.

I am sorry that you lost time and materials on that and it was removed.

_________________
Life is a endless pleasure!


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Admin Grief.
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2011, 9:31 pm 
The Necromancer
User avatar

Joined: May 21st, 2011, 10:21 pm
Posts: 661
My two cents: label your builds.

I kinda see where the OPs were coming from. If you spent so much time and effort on building this bridge, couldn't you have spent a bit more time on placing signs to not delete it here and there? Then it could not have been mistaken for grief - as it was, it might have been placed by a griefer with unlimited blocks.

Having said that: AFTER something can be identified as someone's build - I don't care if it's ugly or not - please let it be or talk it over with the author. Everybody has the right to have fun on the server to the best of their ability and it's not as if we're running out of space on SMP.
By, dunno, kattoo's standards everything most people ever built - including you Pyro - should be deleted because it's fugly by comparison.

As long as builds are not in anybody's way, why would we care? This is different to Freebuild where map space is limited, tunneling/pillaring takes no time whatsoever to perform and you will almost always interfere with somebody's build by doing it.

_________________
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Admin Grief.
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2011, 10:06 pm 
SupOP
User avatar

Joined: June 12th, 2011, 1:09 am
Posts: 419
Location: California, United States
Understood.

_________________
We do what we must, because we can.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Admin Grief.
PostPosted: September 24th, 2011, 9:14 pm 
User avatar

Joined: May 25th, 2011, 4:00 pm
Posts: 381
Location: #fCraft
Lim-Dul wrote:
By, dunno, kattoo's standards everything most people ever built - including you Pyro - should be deleted because it's fugly by comparison.


You are wrong Lim-Dul, i wuld never remove anyones work, even if it was ugly or made by a griefer. I only remove pillars and floating trees. And that "bridge" was a pillar not only by my standards.

_________________
Life is a endless pleasure!


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Admin Grief.
PostPosted: September 24th, 2011, 9:35 pm 
OP
User avatar

Joined: August 17th, 2011, 8:56 pm
Posts: 158
Horizontal pillar? Lulz.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Admin Grief.
PostPosted: September 24th, 2011, 10:28 pm 
The Necromancer
User avatar

Joined: May 21st, 2011, 10:21 pm
Posts: 661
PyroPyro wrote:
Lim-Dul wrote:
By, dunno, kattoo's standards everything most people ever built - including you Pyro - should be deleted because it's fugly by comparison.


You are wrong Lim-Dul, i wuld never remove anyones work, even if it was ugly or made by a griefer. I only remove pillars and floating trees. And that "bridge" was a pillar not only by my standards.

Which proves yet again that you can't judge things based on "standards" alone.

Whether a decision was right or wrong is determined by its consequences and no matter how many people had these "standards" clearly this one block bridge was something that somebody put a lot of time and effort into and cared about - it doesn't quite matter if he decided to arrange the blocks in a horizontal line or make the Capitol out of it - he still needed to collect and smelt all that sand and place it down later...

But yet again - this is something we could only realize in hindsight and I fully understand why this decision was made by the admins.

_________________
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Admin Grief.
PostPosted: September 26th, 2011, 8:28 am 
Trustee
User avatar

Joined: May 23rd, 2011, 3:13 am
Posts: 2342
Location: Australia
stkal wrote:
There will probably be some foul language in here because I'm pissed off.


Poo.

_________________
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Admin Grief.
PostPosted: October 12th, 2011, 1:24 am 

Joined: July 3rd, 2011, 1:02 am
Posts: 24
Ollieboy wrote:
stkal wrote:
There will probably be some foul language in here because I'm pissed off.


Poo.


Oh Damn He Just Said What Comes Out Of Your Butt And Maybe Other Place's :P :o


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Admin Grief.
PostPosted: October 12th, 2011, 6:48 am 

Joined: June 25th, 2011, 2:02 pm
Posts: 309
Kirklin11 wrote:
Ollieboy wrote:
stkal wrote:
There will probably be some foul language in here because I'm pissed off.


Poo.


Oh Damn He Just Said What Comes Out Of Your Butt And Maybe Other Place's :P :o

Dead thread bump!

_________________
Bloody_Llama wrote:
Portals are like flavored condoms: an interesting idea, but not something you ever actually want to use in practice.
0_o
Ollieboy wrote:
The taste runs out really quickly, and then your just stuck sucking on a bit of rubber around a banana.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Admin Grief.
PostPosted: October 12th, 2011, 9:09 am 
User avatar

Joined: May 25th, 2011, 4:00 pm
Posts: 381
Location: #fCraft
Kirklin11 wrote:
Oh Damn He Just Said What Comes Out Of Your Butt And Maybe Other Place's :P :o

Image
Someone lock this.

_________________
Life is a endless pleasure!


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Admin Grief.
PostPosted: October 12th, 2011, 9:11 am 
Trustee
User avatar

Joined: May 23rd, 2011, 3:13 am
Posts: 2342
Location: Australia
Fucking hell.

This is why we can't have nice things. I was nice enough to lift the ban off you TODAY, Kirklin, don't fucking pull this move again.

_________________
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie


Top
Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Theme created StylerBB.net