regarding the map transfer

Want to provide feedback or have a question? Post away!
thelonedrummer18
SupOP

regarding the map transfer

Post by thelonedrummer18 »

I haven't seen this posted anywhere in the official transfer thread so I'll just ask it here.

I know that inventories will probably be wiped, but will money accounts and xp levels also be wiped?

Thanks
berat13: Kitchen Accessories Ideas Try looking at http://www.kitchendesign1.co.uk. They have some amazing designs and prices.Kitchen Accessories Ideas

DreamingInsane
Owner

Re: regarding the map transfer

Post by DreamingInsane »

Could of just asked on the thread...

EDIT: Could of asked in-game/IRC..
Last edited by DreamingInsane on April 30th, 2012, 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.."
~ Edgar Allan Poe

thelonedrummer18
SupOP

Post by thelonedrummer18 »

Because there were mainly applications for build transfers there and I thought it should be posted under SMP Server Questions
berat13: Kitchen Accessories Ideas Try looking at http://www.kitchendesign1.co.uk. They have some amazing designs and prices.Kitchen Accessories Ideas

surferdudeX
SupOP

Post by surferdudeX »

I'm almost 100% sure money will transfer. XP, i'm not sure of.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

XP won't as ALL the player.dat's will be deleted. Money is stored separately so it will be fine.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Nimmanu

Post by Nimmanu »

I have tons of questions, and I apologize if they've been asked or answered somewhere already. I'm having a lot of PC issues so I've missed a lot.

Questions:

- When I teleport to the new map, can I go back and forth, or is it "okay, now you're here, you're done"?

- When I teleport to the new map, is my inventory that I'm carrying wiped out?

- Can I go anywhere I want to settle on the new map (provided it's outside of New Initus, obviously)?

- I'm trying to scavenge as much as I can from Solaris. The old map is not going to be accessible? I don't want people seeing naked solaris and thinking that's how I build. :p

That's all I got for now. Hopefully my PC will survive the attempt to gather things up, lol.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

You can go back and forth, but there is no point really unless you want to LOOK at something because you can't bring anything with you.

Inventories will not carry across. If you want items transferred, you will need to use chests.

Yes. Go look at the new map on the dynmap to see the new land. The big red line is the border. I haven't quite decided on the zone for New Initus but it won't be quite as large as last time. Or maybe it will, I dunno.

Nimmanu

Post by Nimmanu »

I have a feeling you've answered this already, as I've heard you crabbing at someone to stop asking about teleporters. :p

However, I don't know what the answer was, so I'm going to ask anyway: If you had a teleporter from Initus before, do you get one here, as well? My city's still in the farmhouse stage, but I would like to have a teleporter to it when it starts to be more of an actual city.

Thanks

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Yeah I'll grant you one if you bought one before. However, the raging I was doing was at people asking about personal teleporters, which are pretty redundant when you have /home.

Nimmanu

Post by Nimmanu »

Ah, I see, makes sense. Although the map is so huge that I can see their point, as well.

I'm not ready for a teleporter just yet. I want the city fleshed out a great deal more before that. Good to know that I'll be eligible for one, thanks.

:happycreeper: