[SMP] The Theme/game park (new startpost as well!)

Show off your towers, castles, or ALUs.
Epicpeople321

Re: [SMP] The Theme/game park (new startpost as well!)

Post by Epicpeople321 »

You should do some "shoot the target" games, with a BUD gate.
<Wundsalz> some people will be pissed at your formula
<#Ollieboy> They can suck it.

Intertoothh
Trustee

Post by Intertoothh »

Yeah those games are fun.

I made a 'snowball' arena thats was fun.

But a small project update.

Most things are on hold, i'm going to copy stuff over soonish to a nice new location.
And then everything will be broken, and i will have to wait for some server updates :).

But! I also made some grand new things, like a 'pick your place' piston game, not my idea, but i like the concept.
I maze, whohoo a maze... but this maze is changing each time you enter or it can change once you in there. Those settings i still need to work out. This maze was hafniums idea from a temp-map.
And some rollercoaster tryouts. I have som fun idea's but the cart goes to fast atm. Still need to find a way to moderate its speed.

Soo, whats next inter....
Well after the move, i'll decorate the park a bit, make some basic layouts and some basic stuff.
All the builds are getting moved one by one, so i think i have loads of work cut out for me atm.
Once i'm done with that i hope pailstone is updated, and then i can continue my work again.
This time i try to have the stuff closer to eachother, but the redstone under the ground takes up loads of room. I'm going to try to make the park more 'appealing' to visit, but w'll see how/what it turns out.
McLaughlinKid wrote:You put roar on everything don't you?

Wundsalz
Trustee

Post by Wundsalz »

Intertoothh wrote:Yeah those games are fun.
Most things are on hold, i'm going to copy stuff over soonish to a nice new location.
And then everything will be broken
care to expatiate?
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Intertoothh
Trustee

Post by Intertoothh »

Pailstone has no option to reload your signs (yet).
So all pailstone stuff will be broken, and you have to redo the signs.
With a few 1000+ (did not even bother to count them) thats no fun.

Also if you use pistons allot, they 'might' brake in the process.

Ollieboy wrote: - Finally, due to some software limitation and all that, you must deal with the fact that your Pailstone contraptions will break and will need to be remade, some block data values might implode, and some pastes may not be perfect. We want to work with you, but not for you, so fixing this stuff is your responsibility. Think of it this way, I COULD just say "fuck all yall, I'm going to start a new map and you can all suck it" but I'm trying to make this as civilized and fair as practically possible, so meet me halfway here.

Wundsalz
Trustee

Post by Wundsalz »

you can copy/paste your stuff with my plugin then.
it sends a signchanged event on pasting copied signs, which is used to initialize pailstone signs

Intertoothh
Trustee

Post by Intertoothh »

You should send your code to hafnium then.

But i think its not handy to initiate the signs on paste.
A seperate command is more usefull, as it also helps when a chunk is broken.
Or if your failing in copy/paste/rotateing things all stuff get loaded each paste/undo.

Wundsalz
Trustee

Post by Wundsalz »

Intertoothh wrote:You should send your code to hafnium then.
I can't see a reason why to do that. My plugin isn't related to pailstone.
Intertoothh wrote: But i think its not handy to initiate the signs on paste.[...] Or if your failing in copy/paste/rotateing things all stuff get loaded each paste/undo.
so?
I want to make my plugin as user friendly as possible and thus I have to make assumptions what users usually want and set corresponding default behaviours.
I had to make alot of such gut decisions and while I don't feel really comfortble with some of those, I'm confident to have chosen the proper solution in many other cases. This particular one is one of the latter. Imo it's perfectly plausible that people want to copy signs including the underlying functionality (if there's any) in most cases.
Intertooth wrote: A seperate command is more usefull, as it also helps when a chunk is broken.
Though it wouldn't be a significant effort to implement a sign-refresh method using my ui, I think that's something hafnium should take care about with his plugin. However I'd be willing to setup something temporary if hafnium doesn't have time to update his plugin any time soon and if there's a demand for it.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Speaking for Hafnium here, he goes on a break week after next, so Pailstone will get some attention. Wund's plugin will be great for copying and pasting pailstone stuff, as well as everything else as it is FAR superior to WorldEdit's draw commands in both memory usage and functionality.

A similar /ps loadsigns <radius> is not something that Wund should be expected to support. It is great that his plugin will run signchangeevents from pailstone, but that is a bonus.

In regards to this point:
Intertoothh wrote: But i think its not handy to initiate the signs on paste.[...] Or if your failing in copy/paste/rotateing things all stuff get loaded each paste/undo.
That is a good point, as raping the Pailstone database while you tweak position isn't a fantastic thing to do memory-wise. Like you were saying though, Wundsalz, you can make any function optional, such as chest inventories, and pailstone could just be a specified field such as /paste <chestInventory> <pailStone> <Other parameters>.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Intertoothh
Trustee

Post by Intertoothh »

Ahh you have a general copy/paste plugin. I thought for pailstone signs only.

Is it installed? :) Then i can copy signs!

Wundsalz
Trustee

Post by Wundsalz »

Ollieboy wrote:Wund's plugin [...] is FAR superior to WorldEdit's draw commands in both memory usage and functionality.
I disagree on the memory part. My plugin is damn resource hungry (memory and CPU) and extremly unoptimised. I doubt it's possible that WorldEdit did it worse ;). Atm I just focus on getting it started and extending its functionality without putting too much thought into optimising the performance. Eg I'm currently doing all rotations with a very general projection algorithm, which allows any rotations around any axes - which is good thing, but insanely overcomplicated and resource-hungry if you just want to do a 90 degree rotation around a main-axis which could be realised by simply changing the reading direction of the stored data while drawing the blocks into the world.
I plan to optimise the plugins performance significantly later on. Once the CMP server is running, I'll probably post my todolist/schedule somewhere so you guys can see what i plan for the future.
Ollieboy wrote:raping the Pailstone database while you tweak position isn't a fantastic thing to do memory-wise. Like you were saying though, Wundsalz, you can make any function optional, such as chest inventories, and pailstone could just be a specified field such as /paste <chestInventory> <pailStone> <Other parameters>.
I'll have a talk to hafnium about his plugin and decide what to do based on its outcome.
intertooth wrote:Is it installed?
not yet.