[FIXED] player already ranked can not join

Fixed bugs, solved problems, and old reports.
cateye

[FIXED] player already ranked can not join

Post by cateye »

when you rank a player that has never been on the server, so he is not in the player database. But is ranked. Then he cant join

server keeps saying this: Player.LoginSequence: Could not verify player name for .... (....). IP did not match. Player was kicked.

when i add there ip between the ,,
then they can join

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Re: player already ranked can not join

Post by fragmer »

cateye

Post by cateye »

thanks for replying

i tried that several times

but when i added their ip in the database it worked direct

HMmM its not working for all people
i just got an message from an player that he still cant connect

cateye

Post by cateye »

ok

i deleted the file PlayerDB and restarted the server.
and now the people which could before not join can now join perfectly?

so i think the problem is there,
i also saw that some people where 2 times in the PlayerDB file

what i think: if you rank notch to builder. then he is added to the playerDB as notch and the rank builder

then later notch is conecting to the server, the server ads him for the second time to playerDB but now as guest (default rank) + ads his ip to the database

the servers kicks him because it dont knows who is notch, the notch ranked as builder whit no ip, or the notch as guest whit the ip in the database

edit
some people still seems to have conecting problems

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

Sorry, but I don't understand anything from your last two posts. I'll try to explain how name verification works:

To ensure that players that are connecting your server are not impersonating someone else, minecraft.net generates a unique pass key ("mppass") for connecting players, based on player's name and your server's secret key (known as "salt"). The key is different for every player/server combination. If you use WoM's "resume" feature, it reuses the last mppass. However if you restart your server, a new salt is generated, and all old mppasses will not work (so "resume" will stop working).
  • "Strict" verification: If player does not have a valid mppass, they are not allowed.
  • "Normal" verification: If the played does not have a valid mppass, server checks whether they have successfully logged in from the same IP address in the past. Players who do not yet have an IP address on file (no PlayerDB record) are not allowed without a valid mppass. Unverified connections from localhost (your local computer) are also allowed.
  • "None (Unsafe)" verification: All players are allowed in, and a warning is shown if a player did not pass the "Normal" verification test.
I can't imagine how deleting your PlayerDB file will help, since no one will have IP addresses on file and "Normal" verification fallback will not work.

Hellenion

Post by Hellenion »

Would reloading your salt potentially help when one is experiencing the "player could not be verified" bug?
A = {x ∈ P(U) | x ∉ x}
Mods:
  1. /Su - Allows players to temporarily become a different rank
  2. /Snap - Like /Line but only draws straight or diagonal lines.
  3. pre-0.630 skip/none block

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

Generating a new salt (either with "/reload salt" or by restarting the server) will cause your server to temporarily go out of sync with minecraft.net (it'll take a couple minutes for heartbeat to synchronize). It would also invalidate WoM's cached mppass (for "Resume" button), which would especially affect people with dynamic IPs. So overall, it would cause more issues than it would solve.

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »