[REJECTED] /afk command

Fixed bugs, solved problems, and old reports.
cateye

[REJECTED] /afk command

Post by cateye »

/afk command

for players being away from keyboard

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Re: /afk command

Post by fragmer »

I don't see the point. What would "/afk" do? Also, this has been suggested in the past, and rejected because the person did not bother explaining what exactly is the point of "/afk".

Hellenion

Post by Hellenion »

You could tell them that there is such a command, it's a special version of /Me:

Code: Select all

/Me is AFK*
A = {x ∈ P(U) | x ∉ x}
Mods:
  1. /Su - Allows players to temporarily become a different rank
  2. /Snap - Like /Line but only draws straight or diagonal lines.
  3. pre-0.630 skip/none block

cateye

Post by cateye »

eum when the phone is ringing. and you cant read the chat
so they now ?

i'm already using /Me is AFK

also i saw at some servers that when youre afk that it shows in /players that the player is afk
for if you long afk

its just a Suggestion

BobKare

Post by BobKare »

actually, this might be a good idea.
If you're using /Afk, a msg displays in public: BobKare is now AFK.

Then, if you do /players, it would be like this:

Players online: fragmer, cateye, Hellenion, [AFK]BobKare

If you do /info bobkare, it shows you (beside the idle timer) that this person is marked as AFK.

You get it now, fragmer? :P

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

Because we need an extra word in someones info to point out the very thing the idletimer does already?
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

BobKare

Post by BobKare »

Sanjar Khan wrote:Because we need an extra word in someones info to point out the very thing the idletimer does already?
you've read it at all?
Your comment doesn't point any way -.-

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

My apologies, because we need an extra word in someones info AND in the playerlist to point out the very thing the idletimer does already?
Did I capture it all now? Or do you envision it doing something else besides something aesthetical? When you see that someone is inactive for 1 minute why do you need 3 letters to emphasize this?

BobKare

Post by BobKare »

Sanjar Khan wrote:My apologies, because we need an extra word in someones info AND in the playerlist to point out the very thing the idletimer does already?
Did I capture it all now? Or do you envision it doing something else besides something aesthetical? When you see that someone is inactive for 1 minute why do you need 3 letters to emphasize this?
Why do we need to not? I guess this is easy to add, AND I don't see ANY reason for NOT adding it, actually.

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

Why do we need to not?
Besides the fact that it has no use, therefore provides needless clutter, and that it is prone to abuse? Nothing I guess, so why not mod it?
The burden of proof is supposed to be with you by the way;

Xesdra

Post by Xesdra »

BobKare wrote:
Sanjar Khan wrote:My apologies, because we need an extra word in someones info AND in the playerlist to point out the very thing the idletimer does already?
Why do we need to not? I guess this is easy to add, AND I don't see ANY reason for NOT adding it, actually.
You code it then... and really, you can tell if someone is afk when they don't respond to you shouting in the chat....
This post makes my post count increase by one!

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

Honestly, I don't see this being useful. And besides theres already an idle timer; look at their info, if they've been idle for a few minutes then they're probably afk...
ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ɹǝʌǝu

00:35 FCB2 Pavoneo: I love raping children<3.

Planitia

Post by Planitia »

I am against an afk command, afk worlds or anything that supports idiling on the actual server.

You waste a slot, you waste resources, and it's just simply not essential or even nice.

If you want to idle, goto IRC.

[END OF OPINION]
"Excuse me, have you got a spare $10?".... Yeah I do. So would you if you had a job.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Exactly. The benefit of this does not outweigh the cost. The only application for this is when people are being yelled at in chat "BOBKARE COME AND RANK MY HOUSE" and then a highly vigilent person will info you and say "sorry, noobface1234, he is afk". That can be achieved many other ways, such as the aforementioned /me is AFK or whatever, and the other people will be able to facilitate that response anyway, and if you're going to be gone long enough for people not to know do you REALLY need to be in the server at that point in time?

I, for one, would never remember to use it anyway, and I'm sure you will have a lot like that where if they have a situation where they need to immediately leave and don't have the time to type /me is AFK they will PROBABLY not remember /afk either.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

/afk suggested rejection, again, due to general uselessness.

Jonty800

Post by Jonty800 »

The only purpose I can think of is so players can be notified when a staff is afk.

But I also think people have forgotten just how annoying /afk was in mclawl based servers.
You cannot use certain BBCodes: [img].