[CLOSED] Don't draw spectating players

Fixed bugs, solved problems, and old reports.
Hellenion

[CLOSED] Don't draw spectating players

Post by Hellenion »

A spectating player is seen by everyone but the spectated player, it looks silly to have 2 skins on one player and often bystanders will blow your cover. The spectaing player is also often seen falling/shocking from a flying spectated player.

It should be possible to make a spectating player semi-hidden, that player will remain visible in player lists etc., but its skin won't be drawn.
A = {x ∈ P(U) | x ∉ x}
Mods:
  1. /Su - Allows players to temporarily become a different rank
  2. /Snap - Like /Line but only draws straight or diagonal lines.
  3. pre-0.630 skip/none block

Intertoothh
Trustee

Re: Don't draw spectating players

Post by Intertoothh »

"While you spectate someone, you become invisible to the target and to all players whom you can /Hide from."

http://www.fcraft.net/wiki//Spectate
McLaughlinKid wrote:You put roar on everything don't you?

Hellenion

Post by Hellenion »

I understand, but drawing your skin while spectating just looks ridiculous, and if you can't use hide, everyone will see you. spectate and hide have completely different permissions.

You also can't do as much harm as with /hide, because in this case you are immobile: With /hide you can cause chaos and disharmony, but when you're spectating you are not really part of the game, you're a spectator. The higher-ups won't lose much when you're invisible in this state, and you are still shown in the player list and the like, so they will know you're around.
A = {x ∈ P(U) | x ∉ x}
Mods:

xN8Gx

Post by xN8Gx »

It sounds less like you have an issue with /spectate and more an issue of trust with people having /hide. Showing your skin when you're spectating someone just shows people your rank or higher what you are doing; that way you don't get like 3 or 4 people on the same guy. If you want to be invisible to everyone else, use /hide. Although I won't disagree that you look a little derpy when you are spectating someone.
[12:43] <FCB1> +Pemalite: N8G. You are the sexiest chick ever.
[12:44] <FCB1> +Pemalite: N8G. You so sexy. I wanna touch and stroke your luscious beautifull hair like it was my own and hear you purr.

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

When I see someone spectating I know I can move on to the next person because the previous one was being watched.
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

Hellenion

Post by Hellenion »

The part about hide was more to show why it was important to be able to see hidden players, but not important to be able to see spectating players.

But you made a good point about preventing several moderators watching the same player, I think I'll withdraw my request.

Thanks for helping me understand.
A = {x ∈ P(U) | x ∉ x}
Mods:

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Re: [CLOSED] Don't draw spectating players

Post by fragmer »

fcraft: fragmer * r1605 /branch-0.60x/fCraft/Network/Player.Networking.cs: If multiple players are spectating the same player, they no longer see each other (which used to cause problems). Thanks Hellenion.
Coming in 0.621