[DONE] /rules extension

Fixed bugs, solved problems, and old reports.
Fehzor
Trustee

[DONE] /rules extension

Post by Fehzor »

It'd be really nice to have some kind of /rules extension feature, where you can make any command give out info.

For instance, /fly would tell you whatever the server's rules/info on flying is, if you'd want it to.

Guest: /fly
We allow everyone to fly here, just download WoM at <link>, and use z,x,q,e,shift, and ctrl to do it.

Other things such as /spleef or /grief could be set to instructions telling you not to, and warn you. /blocks could be set to tell the user all the blocks under their first alias.

Quite a few possibilities with this, though if you can't make it so that the server can define commands like that, perhaps just a /fly and /blocks that function like /rules? Those are the ones that I'd really like to see implemented.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Re: /rules extension

Post by Ollieboy »

This would be better executed with /rules <parameter> but I don't know how useful this will be to the already ignorant guests when we have Dankirk/nice friendly players helping out in-game.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

/fly wouldn't show up in chat though so Dankirk can't answer those, a simple explanation when typing that wouldn't hurt.
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

kattoo
Trustee

Post by kattoo »

If we want to add /help <parameter> we should remove the useful spam that Dankirk 'spews out' in chat to unclutter it.
I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

I personally don't see the need considering we have Dankirk and guests who don't know will most likely scream HOW THE FUCK TO I FLY?! rather then type /commands or whatever it is, see /fly, and then type that.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Fehzor
Trustee

Post by Fehzor »

Because people try to use /fly all the time. It also removes the need for dankirk to say the link every time one of us needs to answer a question with it.

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

I just added somewhat of a /rules extension. Now server owners will be able to put a bunch of text files (e.g. one for every rank) in a rules/ folder. When you call, for example, "/rules op", it will print contents of the file "rules/op.txt". And just calling "/rules" by itself will now show a list of such files in the rules/ folder.

And just to be clear, this is in 0.600 - so not available quite yet, unless you use dev builds. Which you shouldn't.