[REJECTED] /Undod

Fixed bugs, solved problems, and old reports.
PhoneBook_

[REJECTED] /Undod

Post by PhoneBook_ »

There should be a way to undo only the blocks a player deleted. Because me and my OPs hate it with a passion when someone fixes someones build then griefs another. It makes it impossible to undox. If you only undid the deletions, the fixed build wouldn't fall apart, and at the same time the griefed builds would be fixed.
<FCB2> carlos32123: permissiin to deny the deny of the permission of departure denied

BobKare

Re: /Undod

Post by BobKare »

I have been thinking about suggesting this as well. Same reason.

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

Just use /undoarea and only select the griefed portion.

BobKare

Post by BobKare »

The problem is that most often, the griefer hasnt just griefed one single building/area. However, you dont want to undo all of the player's actions, because he may have built/taken part in other builds, thus you dont want to delete all of the player's actions, but all blocks he deleted.

Hellenion

Post by Hellenion »

Duplicate?
http://forum.fcraft.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 37&p=17298
It wasn't rejected, though.
A = {x ∈ P(U) | x ∉ x}
Mods:
  1. /Su - Allows players to temporarily become a different rank
  2. /Snap - Like /Line but only draws straight or diagonal lines.
  3. pre-0.630 skip/none block

PhoneBook_

Post by PhoneBook_ »

Hellenion, this could be very useful. Picture me (about 65% of the time) trying to /Undox, but nope, the person built AND deleted. Also most of the time, this was in various area, so /UndoArea is inconvienant.

This happens more than enough to be of practical use. And I truly hope fragmer considers it, because it would no question make my job much easier, and my main much better looking.

EDIT: Today, I have literly seen NOTHING but this. If something like this isn't implemented, I could have some trouble.
<FCB2> carlos32123: permissiin to deny the deny of the permission of departure denied

Hellenion

Post by Hellenion »

The problem fragmer tries to explain is that when you build something, often blocks are placed that are not quite right. These blocks are then deleted and the build is tweaked to make it look good. Maybe even a tower or something of the like is constructed to reach some place on the roof.

If you undod a build, the blocks used in the design/tweaking will all suddenly reappear, but shouldn't have been there at all. The build will become a mess!

I'm not saying that it's a bad idea, I'm just showing you that there was a problem that hasn't been solved yet.
But as I said, it has not been rejected so there's no reason to halt the discussion on it.
A = {x ∈ P(U) | x ∉ x}
Mods:
  1. /Su - Allows players to temporarily become a different rank
  2. /Snap - Like /Line but only draws straight or diagonal lines.
  3. pre-0.630 skip/none block

Element_Equinox
Trustee

Post by Element_Equinox »

As annoying as it is to find a griefer that also helps build houses, I don't think this would really solve the problem. This seems like a messy solution to a messy problem. It'd be more accurate/effective to just /ua griefed builds.
Ollieboy: I can fully understand the want for epeen so whatever.

Mark-b

Post by Mark-b »

Maybe instead of undoing all the deleted blocks.. undo the only existing deleted blocks through reading the blockDB history of the player, i don't know if that's too much to code but it would solve the worry of having things messy.

PhoneBook_

Post by PhoneBook_ »

Element, it's sort of rare in my server when a guest tweaks his build. It would be more efficient to undo all deleted blocks and occasionally /undoarea on myself.

Mark-b

Post by Mark-b »

I just thought of a better way to go through the undoing deleted blocks.. "/undoblock [block1 block2 block3...] <playername>

So you could undo the air blocks of a specific player.

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

You still never explained why undoarea won't work. If a guy griefs a build, just undoarea that build. It won't affect anything else he's done. Not that difficult...

BobKare

Post by BobKare »

We have explained it at least 2 times. The griefer has in many situations griefed more than one area. Considering that, it would be great to have the ability to remove all blocks he deleted.

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

BobKare wrote:We have explained it at least 2 times. The griefer has in many situations griefed more than one area. Considering that, it would be great to have the ability to remove all blocks he deleted.
Then use more than one undoarea. I have many times done undox on a griefer to find that he had actually deleted a lot of spam blocks from himself or someone else. If you undid his deleted blocks, all that spam would come back. It's just not practical.

PhoneBook_

Post by PhoneBook_ »

The spam can be undone by normal /Undox.

Element_Equinox
Trustee

Post by Element_Equinox »

I honestly do not understand what is so hard about just using /ua. There is no magical "undo all grief" command, but there are ways of undoing actions. Undoing all deleted blocks will just cause an influx of spam, which can honestly be more annoying to clean up than grief.
phonebookguy wrote:The spam can be undone by normal /Undox.
That would invalidate the entire point of this command. If you could just /undox someone and having everything taken care of neatly, this topic would not exist in the first place.
Ollieboy: I can fully understand the want for epeen so whatever.

PhoneBook_

Post by PhoneBook_ »

On MY server, blockspam is VERY rare and small where it actualy is. Your arguement does not apply to me.

Ninjacat101
Trustee

Post by Ninjacat101 »

Without meaning to sound rude, the fCraft software isn't designed around you and your server if there are commands that work for everybody els why should they change to suit 1 person?
["hip","hip"]

PhoneBook_

Post by PhoneBook_ »

Good point. I still like the idea though.

BobKare

Post by BobKare »

Ninjacat101 wrote:Without meaning to sound rude, the fCraft software isn't designed around you and your server if there are commands that work for everybody els why should they change to suit 1 person?
Cough.

PhoneBook_

Post by PhoneBook_ »

Yes bobkar, Ninja is right. The suggestion still stands, however.

BobKare

Post by BobKare »

phonebookguy wrote:Yes bobkar, Ninja is right. The suggestion still stands, however.
Did I say he wasn't?

McLaughlinKid
Anyone can have this, I don't want it.

Post by McLaughlinKid »

If you don't want to /ua the Griefer just /undox him then /ua your self.
11:25 PM <CMB> M1_Abrams: Beard, I wrote that you are my favorite rapper, can you rap?
11:26 PM <CMB> TheBeardmaster: i can rap on the fly, i just gotta get a li'l high, which ain't so hard, you just gotta try

PhoneBook_

Post by PhoneBook_ »

I do.

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

I see that you are looking for a "magic command" that will fix all grief without damaging buildings. The reason I'm not very enthusiastic about adding /Undod (as you described it) is because I'm confident that it won't work -- for the reasons explained a few times above. You think you'll be getting an enigma, when in fact you'll be getting another variation of the same problem.

Sure I can add /Undod and I'll probably have to also add a selection-restricted version (/undoda?). But then you'll just come back here asking for another approach to the magical "fix grief" command.

Intertoothh
Trustee

Post by Intertoothh »

fragmer wrote:The magical "fix grief" command.
/ban
McLaughlinKid wrote:You put roar on everything don't you?

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

In 0.630, I am adding ability to undo multiple players or ALL players at once, and adding /UndoAreaNot (/uan) and /UndoPlayerNot (/upn) commands. I still don't intend to make "/Undod" command, but I hope the new additions close some functionality gaps.

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »