[Invalid] Wom client crashing

Fixed bugs, solved problems, and old reports.
icampalot

[Invalid] Wom client crashing

Post by icampalot »

Everytime I try to go to builder world my wom client screen goes gray..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jCR3OG6xTc video shows it

please help me fix this

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Re: Wom client crashing

Post by Sanjar Khan »

This is not a fCraft server software bug.

It appears you run out of memory while loading a different world. Try lowering your fogdistance before joining a builder map, or find some way to lower your opengl settings. The latter used to be pretty easy when WoM was a .bat, but that is no longer the case.
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

icampalot

Post by icampalot »

what are opengl settings??? and what memory do you mean ??

capi
OP

Post by capi »

icampalot wrote:what are opengl settings??? and what memory do you mean ??
OpenGL is a type of rendering library that is responsible for the "output" of things from your graphics unit, to your screen. OpenGL "settings" change the way the game is rendered (from my understanding) thus changing the image you see.

The memory he is talking about is the Random Access Memory(RAM) you have installed in your computer. Minecraft is a "memory hog" and thus, uses up a lot of your rams capacity if you are trying to load a lot of objects at one point in time. Reducing your "view distance" (fog) and closing other programs(like if you have Firefox running in the background) may help with this.
>l>

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

On Windows? If so..

Control Panel >
Java (32 or 64 bit) >
The tab "Java" >
View >
Add >
Then type under the heading Runtime Parameters: "-Xmx###m" (Without quotation marks)
DO NOT TYPE THE HASHES, the hashes just determine the about of RAM (In MB) that is assigned to java, and therefore Minecraft. I use 1024 because I have a manly 8GB of RAM, for example.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

This is a bit of a mistake on the WOM team's part, you used to be able to lower the amount of textures Opengl was allowed to load at once but now you have to feed Java more ram.
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy