[REJECTED] Edited Deafen

Fixed bugs, solved problems, and old reports.
Whrithlin
OP

[REJECTED] Edited Deafen

Post by Whrithlin »

Ironic, I went on here to suggest things about the chat and the recent thread deals with it. Oh well, hoping mine goes a bit more in-depth

With 64 people, or even 5 people, honestly, talking all at once, it's incredibly hard to keep track of chat from just one person. This comes in as a huge problem while teaching, I just had to PM the student because he could only see my messages when they were a different color.

Alterations of the /deafen command could come in extremely useful. We could start off like the most recent thread, and /wdeafen so you can only hear that certain world, and continue on to /pdeafen so you can only hear that person. And preferably a /deafenp so the student won't have to figure out what I'm saying so that he can hear me. And maybe even keyword deafens, for things like "/kdeafen grief greif" so only the messages you need to hear while patrolling appear. And while I'm on a roll, /rdeafen could probably be helpful too. For when you don't care about what the guests are saying, or if you only care about what the guests are saying.
Also, maybe make a @@@<playername> (or a command, whatever you want to do), but make something to get through a deafen, so if it's important you can still contact them.

Just a thought, our chat really doesn't have all that much options to it at the moment.
I am an egg man, are you one of the egg men?

Whrithlin
OP

Re: Edited Deafen

Post by Whrithlin »

Ig the way I said it it'd be more like /plisten than deafen, but you got the point :3 idc about the command names :P
I am an egg man, are you one of the egg men?

barrowboyjames

Re: Edited Deafen

Post by barrowboyjames »

A very good idea! It happens to me all the time.
Bloody_Llama wrote:Portals are like flavored condoms: an interesting idea, but not something you ever actually want to use in practice.
0_o
Ollieboy wrote:The taste runs out really quickly, and then your just stuck sucking on a bit of rubber around a banana.

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Re: [REJECTED] Edited Deafen

Post by fragmer »

No.