Mason/Architect app

Apply for ranks in CMP or Classic, or a map for a project here.
stkal

Mason/Architect app

Post by stkal »

Pemalite suggested when I was a builder that I submit this app so that I can be ready to get Mason as soon as I hit veteran, and so that time has come and passed, so here's the application.

I've been busy building, so expect a lot of images and a few edits...
After I donated, this is what I did with my island. (u_stkal)
As you can see from some of the pictures, there's still some free space inside the city. I'm not sure what I'll put there yet, but I doubt it will be empty for long.

on builder47:
The Airport that got me promoted in the first place.
The huge airplane that obviously couldn't have taken off from the airport below....
The mountain above Moria. Looks like crap, but at this point in the build I just wanted to finish the damned thing and move on.
The halls of Moria. I spent the whole time on these pillars wishing I could replace the green lacing in the stones with gold, but we have what we have.
The exit is closing in!
Since I haven't learned how to make a Balrog (or what the hell it is, for that matter), this had to suffice.
Goodbye, Gandalf.
The "rocky outcropping" that was the exit to Moria. looks better from inside, but that part doesn't photograph well. The exit sign is a tongue-in-cheek part of the build too.

The whole Moria adventure might be something I remake later, but I've had good comments on it so far. There are arrows throughout the walk (there had to be, people were getting lost!), so I recommend going to see the build on builder47 for yourself.

on builder48:
My not-so-fuzzy dice. Really just an experiment in circles for the build behind it:
The BOMB! As you can tell by the scaffolding this is still a work in progress. I can't run the /r routines because there are too many blocks for my block limit. I'll come back to this after a rank up or two.
The BOMBer. Was going for a B-52 here and it came out fairly well, if a bit small, but the build was beginning to crowd others on the map so I let it go at that.

finally, my spawn points on spawn2:
The little brother to my biggest pagoda building on u_stkal.
The upgraded version of my airport's airplane (on the ground and with landing gear down!) to be used as a spawn point.
First half
And the second half of a spawn sculpture. I've debated coming back and adding a layer so that the spawn point would be dead center, but other than that I thought this came out pretty well.

And those are my submissions for Mason, at least. it'd be pretty awesome if I could grab architect from this application, but I'm sure I need more work to be considered for that. Whatever the case I'm just here to build, and the permissions that come along with a blue name should let me build on a scale I can really use.

I think that's everything, make sure to check out pagodaville (I didn't do screenshots of the dungeon; see if you can find it!) and Moria on u_stkal and builder47, respectively, and I hope to hear back soon. :wink:
Last edited by stkal on September 21st, 2011, 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

barrowboyjames

Re: Mason/Architect app

Post by barrowboyjames »

W-w-wow! I-I-I'm just speechless... just... wow!
Bloody_Llama wrote:Portals are like flavored condoms: an interesting idea, but not something you ever actually want to use in practice.
0_o
Ollieboy wrote:The taste runs out really quickly, and then your just stuck sucking on a bit of rubber around a banana.

Darklight
SupOP

Post by Darklight »

Some of these aren't bad at all, especially that build on your island. Some of the stuff is still pretty basic builder quality kind of builds though, experiment with more shapes, sizes and builds. The planes especially look to be extremely basic.

On the veteran note, that screenshot won't get you anywhere at all. It took me above 80 hours to get veteran.

tanni_mag_keinen

Post by tanni_mag_keinen »

for mason/architekt you need veteran+

cdferg
Trustee

Post by cdferg »

Yep, once you hit veteran, you'll have to experiment with your larger block limits. I see great things from you, stkal. Keep at it! You have my sword. And my bow. And my ax.
doberman411: I now know that I feel a bit of relief every time the landing gear of my plane lifts off of the runway knowing that I'm one step closer to freedom.

stkal

Post by stkal »

I can't really argue that most of the stuff on the builder worlds is builder quality, but considering the amount of profanity that follows initial reactions to pagodaville, I figured an app would be in order.

Yes, I know I need vet first. that's addressed in the first post.

Freeze_Craft
SupOP

Post by Freeze_Craft »

Damn looks like you've added alot since I last saw your pagoda, I'm keen to have a looksie next time I'm online. Good luck with your future builds.

imtygatyga

Post by imtygatyga »

All your builds are great mate ! Keep up the great work :)

beeriebeer
SupOP

Post by beeriebeer »

Looks good , good luck with this app after you become veteran!

Lunara_Noctis
SupOP

Post by Lunara_Noctis »

I realy like the first images taken in your personal map. I´m looking happily forward to the builds you will do as veteran with higer block limit. Also good luck for mason then. :wink:
"Being a writer is like having homework every night for the rest of your life."

"The day, water, sun, moon, night - I do not have to purchase these things with money. "

KingCrab

Post by KingCrab »

The builds on the island are quite nice. However, as mentioned above, I'd like to see you use a wider variety of shapes and designs. Some of your earlier builds could use some work, but I do like the potential of your builds. Keep at it! Experiment a bit! Try to actually build a Balrog. You have my sword, and my bow, and my axe. As well as my pincers!
<+FCB1> 05+Pemalite: all the fcraft chicks reject me except element

13:04 + FCB2 │ +Pemalite: craaaaab
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: no
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: ill give yout the best loving ou ever ad crab

PyroPyro

Post by PyroPyro »

I like your work on the island :D

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Very nice. However please be aware that you must attain mason before you attain architect. You cannot go directly to architect. They also require separate applications.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Pemalite
Trustee

Post by Pemalite »

Nice to see your builds are increasing in quality stkal.

I actually had a "What the hell" moment when I joined your world. The pictures don't do it justice really. It is great work.

I would like to see some more curved builds though, possibly ones that take advantage of shadows heavily, however they wouldn't fit in with your worlds current theme though.

Regardless. I expect to see you with a blue name in the future! :)
Xecutioner91890: I wanna meet the owners that would be a dream !
<@hafnium> Fuck off

stkal

Post by stkal »

Thanks Pemalite. Part of the reason I went with the pagoda thing was to see what I could do with the curved corners. Everybody can build a European castle, so I wanted to do something a little different :)

Anyway I'll probably be doing some minor builds here and there and messing around trying to figure out how beta works (talk about a what the hell moment...) while I wait for my veteran rank. Builder's just not enough to scratch the builds I want to do next :( Just don't think I've abandoned the server :)

barrowboyjames

Post by barrowboyjames »

You need to play to get vet... but again, they are amazing!
Bloody_Llama wrote:Portals are like flavored condoms: an interesting idea, but not something you ever actually want to use in practice.
0_o
Ollieboy wrote:The taste runs out really quickly, and then your just stuck sucking on a bit of rubber around a banana.

cdferg
Trustee

Post by cdferg »

stkal wrote:
Anyway I'll probably be doing some minor builds here and there and messing around trying to figure out how beta works (talk about a what the hell moment...) while I wait for my veteran rank. Builder's just not enough to scratch the builds I want to do next :( Just don't think I've abandoned the server :)
Yeah, stay active and build build build to reach veteran. If you do some minor builds, make sure you keep the quality high! Good luck.
doberman411: I now know that I feel a bit of relief every time the landing gear of my plane lifts off of the runway knowing that I'm one step closer to freedom.

stkal

Post by stkal »

allllrighty. Time for a *bump*, cause I got my veteran!

stkal

Post by stkal »

so after looking around for ways that I could improve some of the things in these shots, I discovered that all of the worlds (builder47 and 48, canyontheme2, and u_stkal) are unavailable, except for u_stkal which is empty. Looks like submitting those screenshots before I got my rankup was a good call!

so this app is basically the only existing example of my completed work.

*edit* I'm not blaming anyone or sulking, just stating that it's not presently possible to go and see these works. I hope that it will be in the future, but for now the screenshots are all there is.

McLaughlinKid
Anyone can have this, I don't want it.

Post by McLaughlinKid »

Yeah a software update caused most worlds to get deleted and gears on vet and good luck with stkal mason

Edit* it was supposed to say ur name in mason blue lol
11:25 PM <CMB> M1_Abrams: Beard, I wrote that you are my favorite rapper, can you rap?
11:26 PM <CMB> TheBeardmaster: i can rap on the fly, i just gotta get a li'l high, which ain't so hard, you just gotta try