/static acts strangely with some commands, such as /copy

Report any bugs you find in fCraft here
ruggedbear
Trustee

/static acts strangely with some commands, such as /copy

Post by ruggedbear »

Certain commands are giving some odd effects when combined with /static. These commands are not affected by /static, and will not repeat themselves, but every time I try to use /static with them, the BlockInfo prompt appears even though I hadn't typed /bi. Afterwards, if I hit blocks, I get /bi's effects, and the blocks I hit will all give BlockDB information, as if I'd typed /static and then /bi.

Kinda tough to explain, but hopefully this should clear it up a bit:
(The command combined with /static in the image is /copy.)
Steps taken in picture:
/ignore lots of people to get a good shot. :lol:
/static (on)
/copy
Punch two blocks
(/bi activates automatically)
Punch one more

Commands that this happens with: /copy, /zadd, (probably more, but I've no idea which ones)
Kind of a confusing effect... :twisted:
Thanks for looking into it!

EDIT: It seems like it's remembering the last command I succesfully used /static with, which was /bi, even though I turned static off and back on. When I restarted WoM, I had a blank /static slate, and it didn't activate /bi on its own, it simply did nothing.
<legopineapple> I have a zombie miner for me! :D
legopineapple was slain by Zombie
<ruggedbear> Lol!
<surferdudeX> LOL
<legopineapple> Nuuu!

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Re: /static acts strangely with some commands, such as /copy

Post by fragmer »

ruggedbear wrote:Commands that this happens with: /copy, /zadd, (probably more, but I've no idea which ones)
Kind of a confusing effect... :twisted:
Well... what did you rather have it do? Have /static turn off automatically when you use /copy? Right now when you type /static, it just keeps repeating last-command-compatible-with-static. Got a better idea?