[FIXED] logging in with mojang account

Report any bugs you find in fCraft here
123isme1

[FIXED] logging in with mojang account

Post by 123isme1 »

The new minecraft accounts are now mojang accounts, and the are just your email adress, unless you purchase minecraft (not worth 30$) and fcraft will say somthing like "lost connection, invalid username" when you try to join an fcraft server, but works on some other servers, can you fix this please?

Ninjacat101
Trustee

Re: logging in with mojang account

Post by Ninjacat101 »

To the best of my knowledge this cannot be fixed without some work on Mojangs part. The servers that are allowing players in who have emails as usernames are insecure and it wouldn't be something I think Scoot would allow.
["hip","hip"]

123isme1

Post by 123isme1 »

Ya I contacted Mojang about it too, but they said only fcraft can fix that, instead of getting rid of that email junk(plus you get lots of email from random people) :creeper:

Intertoothh
Trustee

Post by Intertoothh »

I see a new feature!
Spam everybody who ever logged into your server!
McLaughlinKid wrote:You put roar on everything don't you?

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

Mojang needs to fix this. I cannot do anything about this. Minecraft.net gives wrong information to your client (email instead of username), and your client passes it to a server. Keep bugging Mojang (specifically Tobias Mollstam, Mojang's web developer) to fix this website issue.

It is possible to modify fCraft to accept email addresses as usernames. I would rather not do that -- exposing emails online is a privacy issue, and emails look terrible in chat. Assigning/generating usernames for these players is not practical either.

As far as I know, only free Minecraft accounts that have been migrated are affected. If you have a non-migrated free account, or a migrated paid account, then you'll be able to play on Classic servers normally.

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

Since Mojang never got around to fix it, fCraft 0.640 has a workaround that accepts migrated accounts.