[FIXED] Doesn't Accept Migrated Accounts?

Report any bugs you find in fCraft here
maintrain97

[FIXED] Doesn't Accept Migrated Accounts?

Post by maintrain97 »

My Minecraft account is migrated into the mojang.com site, so i have to sign into minecraft with my email, not my username. I can't join any classic fcraft servers because i have "invalid characters" in my name which i suspect are the @ and . in my email. Is this a bug or a missing feature?
Fragmer is my freakin HERO!

Maintrain97: I AM SO MAD THAT I COULD...
Maintrain97: &
Maintrain97 was kicked for attempted hacking.

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Re: Doesn't Accept Migrated Accounts?

Post by fragmer »

I cant reproduce it. I have a migrated account as well, and have absolutely no problem logging in. I've tested this with in-browser client and WoM client. Are you using some nonstandard client or modded fCraft?

Hellenion

Post by Hellenion »

I do have a problem where WoM sends my e-mail address to the server instead of my username. I'm going to assume this is WoM's fault, though.
A = {x ∈ P(U) | x ∉ x}
Mods:
  1. /Su - Allows players to temporarily become a different rank
  2. /Snap - Like /Line but only draws straight or diagonal lines.
  3. pre-0.630 skip/none block

maintrain97

Post by maintrain97 »

Hellenion wrote:I do have a problem where WoM sends my e-mail address to the server instead of my username. I'm going to assume this is WoM's fault, though.
okay i do use wom. I will go post there XD.
Fragmer is my freakin HERO!

Maintrain97: I AM SO MAD THAT I COULD...
Maintrain97: &
Maintrain97 was kicked for attempted hacking.

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

From the fCraft wiki Troubleshooting page:
"Unacceptable player name"
Minecraft.net's play page has a known bug that sometimes sends emails instead of usernames to Minecraft clients. We're waiting for Mojang to fix it. If you experience this issue, please contact Tobias Mollstam via email ([email protected]) or twitter, to remind him that this needs fixing.

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

Since Mojang never got around to fix it, fCraft 0.640 has a workaround that accepts migrated accounts.

123isme1

Re: [FIXED] Doesn't Accept Migrated Accounts?

Post by 123isme1 »

Since there is no way to look up the actual username, server has to go by email. To avoid pasting players' full email addresses in chat (which is a privacy issue, and too long too), fCraft software cuts off the domain name. For example, [email protected] becomes admin@. The @-sign is part of the username -- names admin and admin@ would refer to totally different players. If someone with same name but a different domain connects, they get a number. So if [email protected] after [email protected], they'll become admin@2.
i just migrated my account to [email protected] but if i were to join a server (PM of exaample) that i had already joined, would that restart me at 123isme1@ rather than 123isme1?