CMP Server Feedback

Free forum for chat related to the creative multiplayer server not falling into other categories.
Cole5slaw
OP

Re: CMP Server Feedback

Post by Cole5slaw »

Here's one: on main people can delete paintings in other people's plots.
Also, on Builder_vet_Flat, people can place blocks in the spawn area but cannot delete them.
Last edited by Cole5slaw on December 24th, 2012, 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Team, we suffered a griefing attack in Contest_2 and builder_vet_flat due to an unfortunate glitch with the logging plugin. This has now been mitigated and WILL NOT happen again. However, it has left many builds scathed.

The maps have been rolled back, and the griefed world has been placed separately. If you lost your build in the rollback and would like it copied from the griefed world (assuming it is salvageable) please nicely ask an op+/mason+ rank to copy it over for you. It's a shame that the glitch wasn't checked following the version update, but it won't happen again.

The maps are under the name "Contest_2_griefed" and "builder_vet_flat_griefed" if you would like to go looking for your build in it's old location. These maps will remain up for seven days.

I have done the absolute best I can to fix this, so I do not appreciate anybody calling out the server or me for this occurrence.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Element_Equinox
Trustee

Post by Element_Equinox »

So since the current contest's spawns are going to be 4 plots worth of space, I'm thinking that if we want smaller sized spawns, we can copy/paste some of the better plots on main over to the spawn world. That way, we can have a differentiation between large spawns and normal spawns. Because mixing things up is fun. :chicken:
Ollieboy: I can fully understand the want for epeen so whatever.

David00143
Trustee

Post by David00143 »

Builders are able to build in any world for whatever reason, even in staff_flat.
However, they cannot use wundedit in them.

Also, are masons supposed to be able to ban?
It seems odd that a mason would be able to use that, seeing as it's kinda easy to get, and be able to ban anyone with the command,.
Meanwhile in staff chat....
(staff)xN8Gx: Next up; words that rhyme with luck!
(staff)David00143: fuck off n8
(staff)xN8Gx: Suck it david
(staff)RuggedBear: Go roll in the muck
(staff)David00143: yuck!

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Might be an inheritance issue with veteran.

Also wundsalz in my quick effort to edit building permissions for fireworks and dispensers I probably added modifyworld.* and it may be responsible if you're able to get to it before me.

49ERS
SupOP

Post by 49ERS »

Ollieboy wrote:
The maps are under the name "Contest_2_griefed" and "builder_vet_flat_griefed" if you would like to go looking for your build in it's old location. These maps will remain up for seven days.

I have done the absolute best I can to fix this, so I do not appreciate anybody calling out the server or me for this occurrence.
Does this mean my battleship is gone I haven't been able to get on so I just saw this :|
[16:21] <SMB> [CrimsonTensai connected]
[16:22] <SMB> +CrimsonTensai sup noobs!
[16:22] <SMB> +CrimsonTensai oh
[16:22] <SMB> [+CrimsonTensai disconnected]

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Probably.

49ERS
SupOP

Post by 49ERS »

Ollieboy wrote:Probably.
Bummer :(
[16:21] <SMB> [CrimsonTensai connected]
[16:22] <SMB> +CrimsonTensai sup noobs!
[16:22] <SMB> +CrimsonTensai oh
[16:22] <SMB> [+CrimsonTensai disconnected]

David00143
Trustee

Post by David00143 »

I would like water and lava to be veteran+ because so many people have been abusing them to grief/spam.
Today I had to demote 3 builders for this...
Meanwhile in staff chat....
(staff)xN8Gx: Next up; words that rhyme with luck!
(staff)David00143: fuck off n8
(staff)xN8Gx: Suck it david
(staff)RuggedBear: Go roll in the muck
(staff)David00143: yuck!

FreeBro
Trustee

Post by FreeBro »

david goto viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4066 for thats
ollieboy: everyone here is a shrimpy nerd, you can take us.

[23:13] <SMB> nuclearwaffle121 I just swam across the entire ocean
[23:13] <SMB> nuclearwaffle121 drowned
[23:13] <SMB> nuclearwaffle121 WELP

killer3505

Post by killer3505 »

i found some kind of wierd bug with redstone.

so its like this: i place down a sticky piston facing up.
then i put a stone block on the sticky part.
on top of the stone block i put down a sand or gravel block, as long as it falls :P
ten on one side or the sand/gravel i put another stone and on that stone a redstone wire.
on the side of this stone i put a lever and turn it on so the wire on top is constandly powered.
now on the other side of the sand/grave i put down another stone and redstone on it.
if i now would activate the piston the stone and sand will go up to activate that sand and power the redstone that turned off. this works fine. but when i deactivate the piston and the stone gets pulled down, so the sand falls, the power sould be cut off, but its not for some reason? its like the fallen sand air keeps powered up? can someone please look in to this becouse i want to make a 4x4 piston door thats only 1 wide but i cant without using pistons/stone/sand combos =/ if you want to see the problem in action just ask me i have it set up =/ but fix it please :( ow and i also noticed that i think trustees and architects ect dont have this bug. but im not 100% sure about that
"Details can make the smallest builds look big" :3 -killer3505-

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

I don't know how long this has happened but anybody can build in mason worlds (and probably the staff worlds, havent checked).

aliknes
OP

Post by aliknes »

boblol0909 wrote:I don't know how long this has happened but anybody can build in mason worlds (and probably the staff worlds, haven't checked).
iv noticed the same thing which concerns me about every thing i build there D:
+Hit_Girl: I wonder..
+Hit_Girl: if I can kick you
+Hit_Girl: I mean, kick, pyro
+PyroPyro: u cant
+PyroPyro: im pyro
+PyroPyro was kicked by +Hit_Girl: ORLY
Player +PyroPyro left the server.
Shintengin: lol
+Hit_Girl: o_o

Intertoothh
Trustee

Post by Intertoothh »

I tried to fix it, but i lack the understanding of how the ranks are configured.
Ingame checking wont work (as the permissions are to long for the chatlog / i dont know how).
But i did try to revoke some builder permisions from some ranks for some worlds.
Did not work :(. This was the RP-World (i gues), so i hide it instead.
McLaughlinKid wrote:You put roar on everything don't you?

x_Nebula_x

Post by x_Nebula_x »

Idk wether this is intentional for decreasing lag (however it would) but if you place sand/gravel in a vertical line and destroy some of the bottom blocks it will hover unless the blocks are updated (wether it be with pistons or placing a block beside it) also if pistons retract and sand is piled on them vertically the sand will often not fall (maybe the bottom two blocks will). This is kinda a bummer because allot of redstone stuff I make would benefit from having sand/gravel fall, however as I say it could be intentional for building reasons or decreasing lag but it may be a bug. I can always work around this bug it just makes it easyer for me, it is a chance it could be a lag bug that is uncontrollable.
Man: did you know that each man, in some time of their life, will live next to a pedophile?
Another Man: well I sure don't, I live next to a CHARMING pair of 8yr olds