The Seven Circles of Guest-Hell

Free forum for everything around the classic server not falling under other categories.
Fehzor
Trustee

Re: The Seven Circles of Guest-Hell

Post by Fehzor »

I was a 1, though I eventually started to ask for ops once I figured out that that was how I was to get their attention to "make progress" in the game, which is blatantly how I was told ranking was.

DutchKazuya

Post by DutchKazuya »

@people-who-say-speed-grief-is-worse-then-normal-grief:
I'm talking about personal experience, I have so far not encountered any speed griefer what-so-ever that caused major damage to a single structure.

prototypedesign
SupOP

Post by prototypedesign »

DutchKazuya wrote:@people-who-say-speed-grief-is-worse-then-normal-grief:
I'm talking about personal experience, I have so far not encountered any speed griefer what-so-ever that caused major damage to a single structure.
The idea is that by the time you've learned how to use WoM you should have an idea of the rules. It's not that they do more damage than anyone else, it's that they know they're breaking the rules and they still do. It's not like someone innocently thinking that the map never resets and wanting to clear a build for space, or even a heated frenzy for revenge (though both are still major offenses), it's more of a intentional grief thing that earns the ire.

DutchKazuya

Post by DutchKazuya »

I get your point, so IMO this is what we got so far:

Griefers: Major damage to one structure (IMO, based on personal experience), could be accidental or on purpose.
Speed-Griefers: Minimum damage but to a LOT of structures (IMO, once again based on personal experience), never accidental.

In terms of damage I'd say speedgriefers < griefers but if it is about rule breaking (on purpose) I'd have to agree that speedgriefers > griefers.

Although griefers tend to talk their way out of it when caught:
''WTF you talking about?''*
''I didn't grief! You grief!''*
*These examples have been modified to make them less annoying by means of horrible grammar or caps.

barrowboyjames

Post by barrowboyjames »

DutchKazuya wrote:I get your point, so IMO this is what we got so far:

Griefers: Major damage to one structure (IMO, based on personal experience), could be accidental or on purpose.
Speed-Griefers: Minimum damage but to a LOT of structures (IMO, once again based on personal experience), never accidental.

In terms of damage I'd say speedgriefers < griefers but if it is about rule breaking (on purpose) I'd have to agree that speedgriefers > griefers.

*These examples have been modified to make them less annoying by means of horrible grammar or caps.
Most of the times you are right, but I have banned speed-griefers that focus on 1 for a minute or so... go to the other side of the map and start again. Speed-griefers (although rare) can be smart
Bloody_Llama wrote:Portals are like flavored condoms: an interesting idea, but not something you ever actually want to use in practice.
0_o
Ollieboy wrote:The taste runs out really quickly, and then your just stuck sucking on a bit of rubber around a banana.

DutchKazuya

Post by DutchKazuya »

barrowboyjames wrote:

Most of the times you are right, but I have banned speed-griefers that focus on 1 for a minute or so... go to the other side of the map and start again. Speed-griefers (although rare) can be smart
Yeah, I met like 3 at max of those, they griefed entire floors/buildings and than ran off to the next, if caught they ran away at their 6x speed (5x is flying) and pressed R out of nowhere to respawn leaving me in doubt who destroyed the top 1½ floor

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

That's some experience you have there, let me just get ingame and make you supop.
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

barrowboyjames

Post by barrowboyjames »

DutchKazuya wrote:
barrowboyjames wrote:

Yeah, I met like 3 at max of those, they griefed entire floors/buildings and than ran off to the next, if caught they ran away at their 6x speed (5x is flying) and pressed R out of nowhere to respawn leaving me in doubt who destroyed the top 1½ floor
Disproving your own point... and Sanj? Me or Dutch?
Bloody_Llama wrote:Portals are like flavored condoms: an interesting idea, but not something you ever actually want to use in practice.
0_o
Ollieboy wrote:The taste runs out really quickly, and then your just stuck sucking on a bit of rubber around a banana.

DutchKazuya

Post by DutchKazuya »

Im not disproving my point.
I was just agreeing that there are exceptional skilled speedgriefers which are worse than normal ones but that WAY more than not they aren't exceptional skilled and i therefore think they should belong on the higher rings of hell

Aleries
Trustee

Post by Aleries »

The circles clearly go from people of innocent intentions to those players with blatant disregard for the creative expressions of others. The circles' arrangement have nothing to do with a player's skill at griefing/building.
I'll go where ever my mind takes me.

xN8Gx

Post by xN8Gx »

What the fuck. Does everything I post have to become a debate? I made something for people to laugh at, that's all. I don't care if you think speedgriefers are better or worse than normal ones, take that shit somewhere else, or just write your own list. :rage:
[12:43] <FCB1> +Pemalite: N8G. You are the sexiest chick ever.
[12:44] <FCB1> +Pemalite: N8G. You so sexy. I wanna touch and stroke your luscious beautifull hair like it was my own and hear you purr.

barrowboyjames

Post by barrowboyjames »

xN8Gx wrote:What the fuck. Does everything I post have to become a debate? I made something for people to laugh at, that's all. I don't care if you think speedgriefers are better or worse than normal ones, take that shit somewhere else, or just write your own list. :rage:
I disagree!
0_o

xN8Gx

Post by xN8Gx »

barrowboyjames wrote:
xN8Gx wrote:What the fuck. Does everything I post have to become a debate? I made something for people to laugh at, that's all. I don't care if you think speedgriefers are better or worse than normal ones, take that shit somewhere else, or just write your own list. :rage:
I disagree!

-_- THIS, is why we can't have nice things.
[12:44] <FCB1> +Pemalite: N8G. You so sexy. I wanna touch and stroke your luscious beautifull hair like it was my own and hear you purr.

barrowboyjames

Post by barrowboyjames »

xN8Gx wrote:
barrowboyjames wrote:
I disagree!

I'm funny, you know I am! Also Dutch, I apologize for saying that, it's just it SEEMED that way, in fact most speed-griefers are like that in my opinion. (that's right, keep it going :evil: :evil: )
0_o

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

DutchKazuya wrote: but that WAY more than not
There really aren't.
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

Aleries
Trustee

Post by Aleries »

xN8Gx wrote:...

Im Sorry xN8Gx
I'll go where ever my mind takes me.

xN8Gx

Post by xN8Gx »

Aleries wrote:

Im Sorry xN8Gx
Lol I was mainly talking to DutchKazuya and Barrowboyjames. They are the reason we do not possess objects of high quality.

barrowboyjames

Post by barrowboyjames »

xN8Gx wrote:
Aleries wrote:

Im Sorry xN8Gx
Lol I was mainly talking to DutchKazuya and Barrowboyjames. They are the reason we do not possess objects of high quality.
:lol: Me in a nutshell
0_o

DutchKazuya

Post by DutchKazuya »

Debates aren't a negative thing.
''To engage in argument by discussing opposing points.''
We are trying to enrich ourselves with knowledge through communication.

cdferg
Trustee

Post by cdferg »

There's nothing to argue...

Anyways, I belonged to the 2nd circle, but I was kicked for tunneling and trolling. I guess I was a little bit of 6 and 4.
doberman411: I now know that I feel a bit of relief every time the landing gear of my plane lifts off of the runway knowing that I'm one step closer to freedom.

barrowboyjames

Post by barrowboyjames »

It's not arguing, we're sharing our ideas and experiences. And I was and am the 3rd circle.
0_o

DutchKazuya

Post by DutchKazuya »

I agree (about the sharing ideas and experience part).
But I was between 1 and 2.
I shit excellence on a minor scale than get the builder rank.
Then i shit more excellence and get the advbuilder rank.
And I continue until I achieved the highest rank.
But after I shit excellence I do immideatly spam for an OP (spam is an ask not as in spam the chat).
Here however not, the build I usually make for builder got turned down.
15x15x20 (15x15 with 3 floors and a huge roof).
So I decided to build a whopping 30x30xheighlimit complete with a garden which had an area of over 200 blocks.