severe lack of players....

Free forum for everything around the classic server not falling under other categories.
jxfuller

severe lack of players....

Post by jxfuller »

For the last couple of weeks I've seen a significant drop-off in the number of players playing... I remember, not that long ago, when the server was full 24/7. Now, in the last few days it has gotten really bad and hardly anyone is playing, currently there is all of about 3 people connected to the server.

What is up with this trend and why is happening?

Ollieboy
Trustee

Re: severe lack of players....

Post by Ollieboy »

This is a weird time based thing. Around this time the server drops down to very low activity, however 12 hours from now it will be far more active. Not full, but more active. The trend is due to a few things, being that many players are turned away because we have a German flag on our minecraft.net link, and they assume we are a German speaking server, and also for reasons unbeknownst to everyone, we disappear off the WoM list.

Basically it is our server listings being fucked around. I blame minecraft.net, and aliens.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Intertoothh
Trustee

Post by Intertoothh »

Darn, your saying blackmailing the pope was for nothing?
Why did you made me do that then?
McLaughlinKid wrote:You put roar on everything don't you?

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

These trends occur like three times a year. I cherish them, finally time to build for myself.
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

KingCrab

Post by KingCrab »

Sanjar Khan wrote:These trends occur like three times a year. I cherish them, finally time to build for myself.
<+FCB1> 05+Pemalite: all the fcraft chicks reject me except element

13:04 + FCB2 │ +Pemalite: craaaaab
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: no
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: ill give yout the best loving ou ever ad crab

Atoxiclunchbox
SupOP

Post by Atoxiclunchbox »

Is there anyway to get server back on top of list? Or do we just haft to be patent and wait?
sennec: no, the question is, how did you randomly mine towards those diamonds
sennec: cheater
flashman45: And btw I have special speakers
flashman45: I mean headphones
flashman45: They make a noise when I face diamonds and lava and water

xN8Gx

Post by xN8Gx »

It's also a consequence of Notch fucking with the classic server listings a couple months back. When a server goes down, it falls to the back of the list, and it takes a day or two to jump back up. So when we update the server, we drop to the back of the list. Also, people have more going on this time of year in general. I wouldn't be surprised if we did have a lower guest count, even if we were higher on the list.
[12:43] <FCB1> +Pemalite: N8G. You are the sexiest chick ever.
[12:44] <FCB1> +Pemalite: N8G. You so sexy. I wanna touch and stroke your luscious beautifull hair like it was my own and hear you purr.

jxfuller

Post by jxfuller »

Ollieboy wrote: German flag on our minecraft.net link, and they assume we are a German speaking server...
Maybe the tag line "English Server" should be added to the name so we don't get so many Germans coming to the server speaking German, and so not as many people skip the server because they think it's a german speaking server. (I noticed about 4 people speaking German in the server just now.)

Intertoothh
Trustee

Post by Intertoothh »

jxfuller wrote:
Ollieboy wrote: German flag on our minecraft.net link, and they assume we are a German speaking server...
Maybe the tag line "English Server" should be added to the name so we don't get so many Germans coming to the server speaking German, and so not as many people skip the server because they think it's a german speaking server. (I noticed about 4 people speaking German in the server just now.)
Maybe not even a bad idea for now. Until minecraft.net fixes there stupid error.

Cartoonman
SupOP

Post by Cartoonman »

also, just my 2 cents, I find it quite ironic that german players connect to our server, only to be muted after trying to communicate with other players in german, and then being told (although not as often now) in english not to speak german in the server.

I'd find it more suitable if we stopped muting german-speaking people solely on the basis that they're speaking german in light of the fact that we're advertised as a 'German' server (and yes, i am aware that the flag only represents where the host is located, not the actual community language, but seriously, 90% of people don't necessarily draw conclusions on that fact, don't be narrow-minded.)

I also concur with the theory that the german flag draws people away from our server. IMO, Notch should allow the server to relay it's own configurable country code to Minecraft.net instead of relying on the basis of the country where the IP is situated. This way, people (like us) with VPS's in different countries can accurately portray the language of the community.
Show
00:53 hafnium: cartoon you talk too much

markiled: i just want to hump the speakers

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Cartoonman wrote:IMO, Notch should allow the server to relay it's own configurable country code to Minecraft.net instead of relying on the basis of the country where the IP is situated. This way, people (like us) with VPS's in different countries can accurately portray the language of the community.
Sure, better go tell him that then.

Darklight
SupOP

Post by Darklight »

While that may be the case Cartoon, a lot of the time, even when asked to speak English in German they flat out ignore it. I learnt how to sa "English in chat please" specifically for this, but regardless of what we say to them, it's ignored.

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

Cartoonman wrote:This way, people (like us) with VPS's in different countries can accurately portray the language of the community.
Oh... I thought Lim actually was in Germany...

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

If we could change the flag, we would. That does not give purely German speaking people allowance to break our rules. I do agree with you with a benefit of the doubt system in a perfect world, but we can't simply allow ONE language, regardless of our situation.

Cartoonman
SupOP

Post by Cartoonman »

I do see your point, quite true. I believe the best thing we can do is to use the tag line "English Server" as jxfuller suggested. This way, it is written in print that it is an English Server, and that the server isn't 'falsely' advertised as a German server. Although it wouldn't stop the rise in German-speaking players, it will cover ourselves in the fact that fcraft.net Freebuild is an English, NOT German, server, regardless of the flag portrayed. That way, every player is on a level playing field, and there is no leniency towards German or w/e.

@boblol0909, Lim is currently residing within the vicinity of the contemporary nation-state of Greater Canada.
Show
00:53 hafnium: cartoon you talk too much

markiled: i just want to hump the speakers

Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

Post by Lim-Dul »

boblol0909 wrote:
Cartoonman wrote:This way, people (like us) with VPS's in different countries can accurately portray the language of the community.
Oh... I thought Lim actually was in Germany...
Lim hasn't been in Germany since 1998. Well, not for more than a few months at a time.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell

Flamewarrior199
SupOP

Post by Flamewarrior199 »

Just to add my point of view on this. This time of year is also the time were finals start coming up and people have less time for fcraft. Hopefully in a week or two the players online number will increase again since winter break is coming up fast. In general many of these problems will take time to fix since minecraft.net has still not updated the flag, or that people are turned away by German being spoken on the server. Hopefully our popularity ratings will increase as a vacation time is upon us!

Thanks for listening to me! :happyskeleton: :happycreeper:
[23:56] <Allie> Flamewarrior199 is drowning in bitches

Intertoothh
Trustee

Post by Intertoothh »

Maybe add ''[EN]" or something to our server-tag like like jxfuller sugested?

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

I'd rather not, that implies things we don't want to imply.
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

Intertoothh
Trustee

Post by Intertoothh »

[quote="Intertoothh"or something[/quote]

fCraft.net Freebuild [Language: English]

then?

fiandrarheza

Post by fiandrarheza »

Or fCraft.net Freebuild [EN] ?
"I sweat profusely, awaited the dread moment
each tick of the clock tenses my muscles that much more, every minute making more
hairs stand on end

--------------Death.

Death in the form of a single sheet of paper."

PyroPyro

Post by PyroPyro »

or put "Use english in the main chat, thank you" in the MOTD... or we culd just move the VPS to USA and have it run for a month before we get out of money and then butthurt/drama time.

Intertoothh
Trustee

Post by Intertoothh »

PyroPyro wrote: or we culd just move the VPS to USA and have it run for a month before we get out of money and then butthurt/drama time.
No thanks!
Germany has a good link for me ;)
This week’s snapshot contains the following changes (since last week):

Sheep eat grass and regain their wool
Farmland is no longer destroyed by items and particles (haha, lol…)
Added multiple languages
Added a “spawn mob” egg item to creative mode
Corrected a setTileEntity multiplayer bug
Corrected a powered rail bug
Corrected a redstone update bug
And i hope they fixed the 'country' bug as well with 'Added multiple languages'.

ArsenalFalcon

Post by ArsenalFalcon »

Cartoonman wrote:also, just my 2 cents, I find it quite ironic that german players connect to our server, only to be muted after trying to communicate with other players in german, and then being told (although not as often now) in english not to speak german in the server.

I'd find it more suitable if we stopped muting german-speaking people solely on the basis that they're speaking german in light of the fact that we're advertised as a 'German' server (and yes, i am aware that the flag only represents where the host is located, not the actual community language, but seriously, 90% of people don't necessarily draw conclusions on that fact, don't be narrow-minded.)

I also concur with the theory that the german flag draws people away from our server. IMO, Notch should allow the server to relay it's own configurable country code to Minecraft.net instead of relying on the basis of the country where the IP is situated. This way, people (like us) with VPS's in different countries can accurately portray the language of the community.
Very, very true. I've tried to report at least 20 people to the Vet's and OPS, and yet someone else comes right back and starts being all German-Like. When people say 'English', some don't understand, as THEY do not speak English. I do conclude that our Flag is still at the German one. Fragmer or someone else will change it after doing their days work. Best of Luck,
Nope.avi

Helio_
SupOP

Post by Helio_ »

Stop being a thread necromancer. =)
We do what we must, because we can.